Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jdast
07.28.2017 , 10:02 PM | #671
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
This right here. I keep 1 character with most of my credits for the sole reason of I CAN'T WASTE THEM on meaningless stuff if I don't keep them on the characters I play. I truly do not want legacy credits. I see it as a waste because it is not difficult to get credits from one character to another if you need to anyway. I would never use a withdrawl/deposit option personally but just tossing all my credits into one pool would be unacceptable to me.
So Jerba doesn't want legacy credits because of fear of a careless mistake. You, on the other hand, don't want it because you're afraid you lack self-restraint. Sorry, as much as it pains me to say it, I'm with Menace on this one.

Incompetence and lack of willpower are pretty poor excuses to punish / inconvenience the broader population.

Dasty the Hutt

DarthCasus
07.28.2017 , 10:15 PM | #672
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
As of right now, it is not a Legacy currency. But, I know exactly what you're thinking, so let me pre-announce something which I suspect will make you smile, while at the same time, irritate you because I won't tell you when until I update the Roadmap.

We are working to change currencies to be Legacy based. This includes unassembled components, credits, the Umbara currency, and more. I'm not aware of any major obstacles preventing this from happening, and doing so will help with a number of changes we are planning for the future.

I know that doesn't solve the concern about having to run the Flashpoint multiple times on one character, but once you have the Key to open the Stronghold, you can use the currency for other items on the vendor.

Have a good weekend,

-Keith--
You being in charge ha seriously revived my hope in this game and the direction it's going in. Seriously, keep up the great work and thank you for the consistent updates.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

Deldra
07.28.2017 , 10:18 PM | #673
Quote: Originally Posted by SithLordZach View Post
Are you kidding me? Unassembled components?

Why are you making it so hard to get gear for NiM players? You need the 248 gear to progress in these ops. You can't hope to take on the last boss without full 248 gear.
Brontes (and it is not the only one) was down first week 5.0 launched?

WayOfTheWarriorx
07.28.2017 , 10:24 PM | #674
Quote: Originally Posted by Deldra View Post
Brontes (and it is not the only one) was down first week 5.0 launched?
There were some people who did it in 224 gear.

Not saying it wasn't hard as hell, but it's definitely doable without BIS gear for people skilled enough, which admittedly, are few and far between, but still.

casirabit
07.28.2017 , 10:25 PM | #675
Quote: Originally Posted by Seelvir View Post
Please ... please tell me that we'll have to defend our trains from masked bandits mounted on steeds of some biological or mechanical variety. We need a whole mini game where we ride Collicoid-Games-Esque turrets mounted on the tops of our Stronghold-Trains, and when we get overwhlemed and the masked bandits board, we dismount and defend the train with our sabers and blasters.

Rewards? I think a weekly crate with a guaranteed 248 sounds about right. A SELECTABLE 248.

Also, please PvP this too.

I don't think that's asking too much. That's like, what? A few days of development? At MOST?

Oh, almost forgot, guild stronghold trains can be used for guild-v-guild PvP for like a dozen crates of 248 gear per winner per week. That's like, a few extra hours of dev time.

I'm looking forward to this content. Thank you!

EDIT: ALSO, the reward crates should be delivered by a swooning companion of the player's choice. This needs a whole unboxing interface of epic companion swoonage, like the new unboxing interface you guys unveiled a while back. That's like another few hours dev time. Totally.
As long as it is optional. Some of us don't like pvp.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

DraonaiMimnov
07.28.2017 , 10:27 PM | #676
Great questions. As I outlined in the Roadmap, we are returning to our MMO roots, but as everyone knows, we were focused on story development and left most MMO content alone for the past couple years.

To change our direction, we had to retool, reorganize, hire new talent, and get everyone on board with the changed direction. That takes time, so we made a choice and decided to release the Operation Boss encounters one at a time. This gave us more time to design, polish, test, and get insight directly from players, versus making everyone wait all year before we released 5 new bosses.

It wasn't an easy decision, as we knew we were going to be criticized while impacting progression efforts. But, honestly, it was the right call. We're discussing future content, how to release it, what's going to be included, and when, but we won't be ready to disclose our next year's plans for a while.

I know that's vague, yet it gives you an idea of where we're headed.

---Keith
Hi Keith,

Are there any plans to fix the economy and insane prices on the GTN? As an average player it was easy to pick up whatever armor set you wanted back in the day off the GTN, but now you have to give up an arm and a leg to make up those credits you need to buy certain decorations or armor sets.

I'm sure there are others that share similar opinions about the game economy and it's hurting the players. Especially those coming back to the game and see new stuff from packs that were released months or years ago, and that could be listed from 20 million to 200 million credits which could easily be worth 2 million back then.
Shadowlands
Covenant of the Phoenix

revkashepard
07.28.2017 , 10:28 PM | #677
As of right now, it is not a Legacy currency. But, I know exactly what you're thinking, so let me pre-announce something which I suspect will make you smile, while at the same time, irritate you because I won't tell you when until I update the Roadmap.

We are working to change currencies to be Legacy based. This includes unassembled components, credits, the Umbara currency, and more. I'm not aware of any major obstacles preventing this from happening, and doing so will help with a number of changes we are planning for the future.

I know that doesn't solve the concern about having to run the Flashpoint multiple times on one character, but once you have the Key to open the Stronghold, you can use the currency for other items on the vendor.

Have a good weekend,

-Keith--
Will it screw up Preferred Status players? Or you just don't care about all your players

Eshvara
07.28.2017 , 10:37 PM | #678
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
Lol they offer legacy credits and there just has to be someone who can find a negative in it "oh no please don't force me to have all my credits in one place because I might spend them!"
This is a serious problem for me, I'm always broke!!! Though I do like legacy credits.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

Deewe
07.28.2017 , 10:43 PM | #679
Great questions. As I outlined in the Roadmap, we are returning to our MMO roots, but as everyone knows, we were focused on story development and left most MMO content alone for the past couple years.
Got me worried here: Is story dead?

If not when can we expect to see more Story based content, especially Classes story, even one at a time...
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

Eshvara
07.28.2017 , 10:46 PM | #680
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Got me worried here: Is story dead?

If not when can we expect to see more Story based content, especially Classes story, even one at a time...
Umbara has story. They are already stated before that story will continue.
Charles also said he was working with a bunch of voice actors in LA a while ago for what comes after Umbara.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫