Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DanNV
07.28.2017 , 06:22 PM | #651
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Class Changes in 5.4 - We will make posts around each of the upcoming Class changes, akin to what we did with 5.3. My hope is to start those next week. Either way I will give you a better idea of timing next week.
Are you going to address how more than one class is now no longer NiM viable? How many more won't be able to put out the required DPS of HPS once you're done?

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Follow-up on Bolster discussion[/u] - It was clear from the discussion thread that most of you would like to see Bolster go as high as possible, while still meeting our teams goal of having gear progression be relevant. We will be increasing Bolsters to 242 in PvP for GU 5.5 as well.
This sounds like Ben's idea of "listening". What we've said is PVP should be skill based, not gear based. Bolster should put everyone on an even playing field. Your proposal ignores that . Good job "listening" to just what you want to hear.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS

Jerba
07.28.2017 , 06:24 PM | #652
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
Don't pretend like you don't have some idea of the cost reduction already ...

It's going to need to be seen as significant in regards to other stronghold costs otherwise this plan will backfire on you in regards to player good will.

It wouldn't even hurt to take a tiered approach with your starting points above as the minimum to get the key and the largest cost and then more grind to get credit cost decreases from there - heck even have it so people could ideally get a free stronghold and then you're looking at some goodwill.

I think it's a solid plan if you do it well, if you just knock 500K off the price and room unlocks cost the same ... prepare yourself for the nuclear fallout.
This. A good cost reduction would be to have a stronghold usually valued at 10 million credits now purchaseable for 2 million credits. But reducing to only like 8 million credits would be too little.

Quote: Originally Posted by docbenwayddo View Post
With the mention of credits going legacy wide, It's sad that my first reaction is wonder if anyone left on the skeleton crew actually knows that an unsigned 32bit integer will only hold from 0 to 4,294,967,295.
I was going to ask the same. 32-bit integers are one such "major obstacle" that could prevent this from happening.

Tadagyt
07.28.2017 , 06:26 PM | #653
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
credits
I never saw that one coming ^_^ thank you!!!!

Suggestion: consider giving subs a summon group skill (like guilds have). It'd make pugging world bosses or even TC or the monolith (just a few examples) WAY easier.

Elssha
07.28.2017 , 06:47 PM | #654

We are working to change currencies to be Legacy based. This includes unassembled components, credits, the Umbara currency, and more. I'm not aware of any major obstacles preventing this from happening, and doing so will help with a number of changes we are planning for the future.

Have a good weekend,

-Keith--

I'm hoping credits will become legacy via a manual 'guild bank' type Legacy bank feature vs the way tokens are - Otherwise f2p and pref will be doubly SOL, and transferring a toon with starter credits or simply bouncing servers to buy something might cause issues. Also, I like being able to hide credits on an alt so as to not overspend on (say) nightlife... and would hate to be forced to pool them into one big number.

masterceil
07.28.2017 , 07:02 PM | #655
As of right now, it is not a Legacy currency. But, I know exactly what you're thinking, so let me pre-announce something which I suspect will make you smile, while at the same time, irritate you because I won't tell you when until I update the Roadmap.

We are working to change currencies to be Legacy based. This includes unassembled components, credits, the Umbara currency, and more. I'm not aware of any major obstacles preventing this from happening, and doing so will help with a number of changes we are planning for the future.

I know that doesn't solve the concern about having to run the Flashpoint multiple times on one character, but once you have the Key to open the Stronghold, you can use the currency for other items on the vendor.

Have a good weekend,

-Keith--
Keith. My dude. Have my babies. It's 2017, we can make it happen. The science is there. First, legacy credits. Then, pure man-man babies

Seriously, this is legitimately the best news I've heard about this game since 2015. I just spammed this link in like, three Discords, so you best make this happen, too
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

Deewe
07.28.2017 , 07:21 PM | #656
Quote: Originally Posted by Elssha View Post

I'm hoping credits will become legacy via a manual 'guild bank' type Legacy bank feature vs the way tokens are - Otherwise f2p and pref will be doubly SOL, and transferring a toon with starter credits or simply bouncing servers to buy something might cause issues. Also, I like being able to hide credits on an alt so as to not overspend on (say) nightlife... and would hate to be forced to pool them into one big number.
Hopefully not. Otherwise it will be a cumbersome system adding more unneeded clicks and waste of time.

I'd suggest some spending therapy for you though
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

MeNaCe-NZ
07.28.2017 , 07:58 PM | #657
Quote: Originally Posted by Elssha View Post

Lol they offer legacy credits and there just has to be someone who can find a negative in it "oh no please don't force me to have all my credits in one place because I might spend them!"

Real world problems.

snakehachi
07.28.2017 , 08:15 PM | #658
1. does the swtor dev team believe that we will ever see a return to form for operations? ex: an ops with lets say 5 bosses ON LAUNCH opposed to 1 boss every month.
2. will the game ever return to its more MMO roots? ex: having explorable planets with questing like in the revan expansion, vanilla or (my personal favorite) oricon? NOTE: im not referring to video cutscenes at all either. i like it exactly as is, the traditional kotor style

Deewe
07.28.2017 , 08:33 PM | #659
Quote: Originally Posted by snakehachi View Post
1. does the swtor dev team believe that we will ever see a return to form for operations? ex: an ops with lets say 5 bosses ON LAUNCH opposed to 1 boss every month.
2. will the game ever return to its more MMO roots? ex: having explorable planets with questing like in the revan expansion, vanilla or (my personal favorite) oricon? NOTE: im not referring to video cutscenes at all either. i like it exactly as is, the traditional kotor style
Yes if there's more money flooding in the game. Much much more money, or a will from EA.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

mydocs
07.28.2017 , 08:37 PM | #660
Goddamit, Jerba, stop reading my mind

Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
I hate legacy-wide credits because if I misclick in the GTN or accidentally buy a 9999 stack from a vendor, I can easily lose all of my credits with zero chance to get them back. Right now, when I lose all my credits on one character, at least I still have some credits on my other characters and don't have to start again at 0. With legacy-wide credits, this safety net does not exist anymore, which makes me wary of it and I'd rather have a way to turn it off because for my playstyle, legacy-wide credits are not needed.
THIS! Misclicking something in the GTN is also my big concern. Right now i'm safe, because my "bank-char" doesn't actually buy stuff. With legacywide credits, they could fastly be gone.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
I do hope that you will not convert all currency-type items into real currencies. For example, Completed Bounty Contracts are a great way for new players, or players who don't care about cosmetics, to earn credits. This is possible because they are in your inventory/bank, but won't be possible if you put them in the currency tab.
Not every player likes cosmetics, and giving players a way to convert tokens into credits should be included. For example, I've had 100/100 Light Side & Dark Side Tokens on my main for months now, because I don't care about any of the items sold by the vendor.
So please keep the existing currencies and do not convert other non-currency items into currencies, then I'm fine with this change.
And THIS too^^. I'm a very busy (well that's a lie, i'm just lazy af), so i like to just buy completed Bounty Contracts, instead of actually chasing the Bounties. So please, leave them as they are, Same applies also for Recovered Relics

Quote: Originally Posted by docbenwayddo View Post
With the mention of credits going legacy wide, It's sad that my first reaction is wonder if anyone left on the skeleton crew actually knows that an unsigned 32bit integer will only hold from 0 to 4,294,967,295.
TBH, i'm not a coder, but if we had an 64bit client, an unsigned 64bit integer would be from 0 to 9,223,372,036,854,775,807, right? Problem solved!^^ Ya ya i know, we're probably not getting a 64bit client, but a Jawa might dream...