Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

fushnchips
07.28.2017 , 05:06 PM | #641
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
As of right now, it is not a Legacy currency. But, I know exactly what you're thinking, so let me pre-announce something which I suspect will make you smile, while at the same time, irritate you because I won't tell you when until I update the Roadmap.

We are working to change currencies to be Legacy based. This includes unassembled components, credits, the Umbara currency, and more. I'm not aware of any major obstacles preventing this from happening, and doing so will help with a number of changes we are planning for the future.

I know that doesn't solve the concern about having to run the Flashpoint multiple times on one character, but once you have the Key to open the Stronghold, you can use the currency for other items on the vendor.

Have a good weekend,

-Keith--
I hope you have a credits solution because what about players that have more than the credit cap you are going to screw us over with legacy credits i would be super angry because we all know what happens when u hit the cap any you earn you lose.

DenariusJay
07.28.2017 , 05:12 PM | #642

We are working to change currencies to be Legacy based. This includes unassembled components, credits, the Umbara currency, and more. I'm not aware of any major obstacles preventing this from happening, and doing so will help with a number of changes we are planning for the future.
-Keith--
Better late then never. Good change. I hope your new vision of the game is to make more and more things stream lined for alts. I honestly believe this is an alt game, and its finally good to see you embrace things like legacy currencies.

It would be awesome to see your team move more in this direction. It was suggested in the pvp forum to make Legacy gear have adaptable set bonuses, so those that play all classes don't have to have 8+ suits of armor, that in itself could ease alot of the gear grind gripes that you see floating around here on the forums. Would also reduce the clutter and just make stream lining alt play alot smoother. I know its far fetched, but it would be awesome to only have to gear out once and not have to worry about it anymore, ofc, each alt still has to gear out implants/ear/relics, so the progression and grind won't totally go away, but it would definitely ease it if I only had to gear up armor once.
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Denzel Washington

Deewe
07.28.2017 , 05:38 PM | #643
As of right now, it is not a Legacy currency. But, I know exactly what you're thinking, so let me pre-announce something which I suspect will make you smile, while at the same time, irritate you because I won't tell you when until I update the Roadmap.

I know that doesn't solve the concern about having to run the Flashpoint multiple times on one character, but once you have the Key to open the Stronghold, you can use the currency for other items on the vendor.

Have a good weekend,

-Keith--
Keith,

respectfully the current gearing system is messy.
It's not fun, too complex and finally the naming convention isn't clear.

Please do a focus group and sit new casual players in your game and let them try to understand the whole gearing system in place by themselves.

Then how about doing a survey?
Ask current and former players to rate:
  • Ger progression
  • CXP progression
  • RNG
  • Gearing alts
  • PVP rewards
  • Gearing complexity
  • Gear storage management
  • Gear impact on PvP

P.S.: making currencies legacy wide is indeed a HUGE improvement. Please don't hinder it with any caps of sorts at least for Subs.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

ImmortalLowlife
07.28.2017 , 05:44 PM | #644

Have a good weekend,

-Keith--

My instant reaction after reading THIS!
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

docbenwayddo
07.28.2017 , 05:55 PM | #645
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
P.S.: making currencies legacy wide is indeed a HUGE improvement. Please don't hinder it with any caps of sorts at least for Subs.
With the mention of credits going legacy wide, It's sad that my first reaction is wonder if anyone left on the skeleton crew actually knows that an unsigned 32bit integer will only hold from 0 to 4,294,967,295.

Still waiting on the FP access gating questions.

MeNaCe-NZ
07.28.2017 , 05:56 PM | #646
You're on a roll today!
The idea here is to reduce the cost of buying a stronghold by using your investment in time to lower the overall acquisition cost versus paying the full pop with either Cartel Coins or credits. We thought, hey, let's try something new where an activity you'd do anyway, you could benefit from your efforts and obtain a key from a currency you automatically get by running the Flashpoint.

Unless we change it before release, 10x for Story/solo mode, or 6x for Veteran, or 3x for Master Mode will give you enough currency to buy the Key from the vendor. What I don't know, yet, is the reduction amount for credits or Cartel Coins. Soon as that gets finalized, we'll post it up.

Keith---
Don't pretend like you don't have some idea of the cost reduction already ...

It's going to need to be seen as significant in regards to other stronghold costs otherwise this plan will backfire on you in regards to player good will.

It wouldn't even hurt to take a tiered approach with your starting points above as the minimum to get the key and the largest cost and then more grind to get credit cost decreases from there - heck even have it so people could ideally get a free stronghold and then you're looking at some goodwill.

I think it's a solid plan if you do it well, if you just knock 500K off the price and room unlocks cost the same ... prepare yourself for the nuclear fallout.

MeNaCe-NZ
07.28.2017 , 05:57 PM | #647

Have a good weekend,

-Keith--
Legacy credits ... well color me impressed. Nice though I can't help but think ... "what's the catch?".

FtWorthJim
07.28.2017 , 05:58 PM | #648
We are working to change currencies to be Legacy based. This includes ... credits, ...
Does this mean we no longer will have to shuffle credits from one toon to another? One place for all our credits?

MeNaCe-NZ
07.28.2017 , 06:00 PM | #649
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
Changing what people see as bad writing with writing that is worse isn't really an improvement, even if it's a convenient setup for some situations. I remember how upset some people were when Arthas died, but it turned out ok. While WoW does seem like it has a lot more to work with and they did have villains left, The lich king was a pretty big deal. If the writers at bioware want to, they can figure something out, there is no end to creativity.
But a bad dream really, really is a poor cop out.
Well this is ALWAYS going to be subjective of course but I never wanted my character to end up at such a ... famous/infamous position in the end, I prefered to be in the background/shadows doing my thing. I hate that I've been rail roaded to where I am (thus the whole alliance thing bugged the **** out of me as all I wanted to do was execute almost everyone).

So for me, if it were a dream and I could get a more singular story that would be great ... as I said, subjective.

ccooknineofive
07.28.2017 , 06:18 PM | #650

Have a good weekend,

-Keith--
Keith, so happy to have you forging the future of the game now, wish you were lead 3 years ago!