Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RevorteX
07.22.2017 , 12:07 AM | #161
The new Stronghold you will introduce is sweeet! Thumbs up for that!

Increasing Unssambled components for PVP is also a good news for us pvpers,who grind for vendor gear that way ^_^.

Class balance - Why is not the DPS Sorcerer still not among the list? The class is in need of serious maintenance and changes to be viable. Please consider adding it.

The need of 242 gear to complete the hardest content will only bring negativity from players who have lower geared toons but have enough skill to complete content even when entering GF. Please reconsider this.

Mewsy
07.22.2017 , 12:31 AM | #162
I hope hope hope the Zakuul SH is still in the works, I've spent a few hundred mil collecting Zakuulan decos lol.

On another note, I think 242 is too high. Maybe 234 or 236?

Icykill_
07.22.2017 , 12:46 AM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
[*]Class balance The following Disciplines are receiving changes (details will follow in the next few weeks):
  • Lethality / Ruffian
  • Concealment / Scrapper
  • Medicine / Sawbones
  • Fury / Concentration
  • Carnage / Combat
[*]
Keith,
Once again you have left Lightning Sorcs off the list. You know they need help with DPS output.. everyone has been telling you for 6 months... both PVE guys and PVPers have been pointing out why they need help... but last patch you not only ignored their dps output, you went and nerfed their healing and defences so now they are both rubbish in dps output and being able to stay alive.

"PLEASE FIX LIGHTNING SORC"

It's things like this that have finally made me unsubscribe after 5 years on continuous subscription. It runs out next month and I will be sorry to leave. But you guys just do not get how badly you have ruined the game with 5.x... while you take one step forward to fixing it... you take two steps back...

Anyway.. I hope you read the feed back I wrote when I unsubbed.. you've got access to my details.
When your most loyal subscribers keep unsubbing you need to pay attention as to why. I'm not sure how much longer the game will survive if your long term loyal player base keeps leaving. It's not like the population is increasing and seems to get smaller with everyone of these patches.
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Shirvington
07.22.2017 , 12:59 AM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
We are making changes to daily and weekly mission rewards for PvP with the intent of substantially improving Unassembled Component gain for players who complete both Ranked and Unranked missions.
Just make UC Legacy already. Stop dancing around it, buffing it here or there. Just make them Legacy.

Rzfk
07.22.2017 , 01:09 AM | #165
Gotta love the Nerfs, as if it was not already bad enough that most Australians cannot get higher then 8K DPS they go ahead and nerf our DPS down to below 7K DPS. I wish for once that DPS in the game could just be left alone. but you know americans have to screw it up for the rest of the world.

if our original DPS from 1.0 was left alone everyone would now be doing 25k DPS or higher but because americans always break things and have to cheat and Hack our DPS is still no where near 10K DPS.

it will probably take another 5 or 6 years before Australians can actually do the required DPS for level 70 content.

Icykill_
07.22.2017 , 01:15 AM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by xiiMPuLSe View Post
So are you guys going to take a smarter approach to your class balance changes and release them on the PTR to see how they would actually affect more than just one aspect of the game(this requires you to actually take our feedback)? Or are you just going to nerf nerf nerf and call it good making content slowly more difficult to complete(more so than it already is since you basically have to have certain classes that were untouched in order to meet the current dps checks)?

I see you guys changing a lot and just throwing it in our face instead of asking us, the community, what we think of the changes and how maybe some should be switched.
Oh, they asked... and we gave them feed back... but they've just totally ignored it... not sure why they even bothered asking when they knew they didn't mean it.
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

matthobbit
07.22.2017 , 01:23 AM | #167
Here's my thoughts:
1. I'm super excited about the new stronghold.
2. Gear restrictions on master FPs are a great way to drive people away from playing the game. Especially people who know the FP mechanics and can do them just fine with low gear.
3. WHERE ARE THE $&#&$$ LIGHTNING/TK BUFFS!?!!

scardera
07.22.2017 , 01:35 AM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodesu View Post
I'm having that person's same issue on harbinger for the operations and daily area boss. Finding very, very few (or none at all) public / non-guild only groups going during the times of the day which I can play (Aussie afternoons/evenings) and it's meant to be one of the more populated servers. I'm never saying "don't release more group stuff" I'm just "where's the people to do this group stuff with without requiring me to leave my amazing but small guild community". ie- group finder never popping and rarely seeing anyone at all asking for more people for their group.
it was easy to form ops group on JC until 1 month ago its now mostly gold seller and troll on fleet

Jedi_riches
07.22.2017 , 01:45 AM | #169
OK so you left tk sage and lightning sorc off the balance once again so obviously this is the level you seem to want all classes to be does that mean you are nerfing operations since we don't meat the dps checks.
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock

Rheshalea
07.22.2017 , 02:14 AM | #170
Adding my voice to those who have talked about the new Stronghold and decorations.
I bought Manaan and did a decent enough job decoration it until I got to about 80%. After that I resorted to cramming it full of Zakuulan Prototype Medical Probes.
I'd like to avoid ever doing that again because of the Conquest bonus. Decoration drops need to be a thing again, the more and easier to get, the better. Having suitably themed (per planet) decos drop even from trashmobs on a low % chance would keep deco hunters p(l)aying for ages, with higher droprates and maybe slightly different looks from said planet's heroics and FPs and OPs and what-have-you.
Also, decos from Alliance crates and Command Crates. Please.
Decos from Light/Dark vendors.
Decos from crafters - I'd prefer a special "advanced" crafting crew skill that would use materials from all gathering skills, but simply adding directly craftable decos to the existing crafting skills would be nice too. And armorstands/weapon frames we can use to display our favourite armor/weapons.