Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dontbeswg's Avatar


dontbeswg
08.04.2017 , 03:22 PM | #1161
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Without getting your ship? There was no level sync. There was no XP for mobs more than 5 levels below you. There was no GF. How did you do that exactly?
you didn't need a ship in 1.0 all the operations were on the flag ship, as far as leveling once you get to the fleet you can (could) flashpoint to 50.

dontbeswg's Avatar


dontbeswg
08.04.2017 , 03:22 PM | #1162
Quote: Originally Posted by ivanhedgehog View Post
No, it could be you just have an over inflated sense of self importance. People want to play a game, not watch some nobody play it for them.
yes, nobody watches twitch right?

dontbeswg's Avatar


dontbeswg
08.04.2017 , 03:26 PM | #1163
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
It's depressing to me how corporations think social media is this massive profit-generator .
there are a large segment of the gaming population making a living through this medium... like it or not there are facts.

kodrac's Avatar


kodrac
08.04.2017 , 03:29 PM | #1164
Quote: Originally Posted by dontbeswg View Post
yes, nobody watches twitch right?
Only for the semi-hot chicks. Screw the Super Mario games they're playing.
One FREE character transfer -> CLICKY plus 7 days FREE -> FAQ

Icykill_'s Avatar


Icykill_
08.04.2017 , 03:49 PM | #1165
Quote: Originally Posted by dontbeswg View Post
you're the minority then, most people do.
Don't be stupid, most people don't... LoL.. at least most adults don't... children on the other hand might 😉
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

DarthDymond's Avatar


DarthDymond
08.04.2017 , 03:51 PM | #1166
Lotta people gobbling up the bait around here.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
08.04.2017 , 04:27 PM | #1167
hey bros, check out my supercool twitch stream: Click Here
-Beruhl
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Soon™
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.

MeNaCe-NZ's Avatar


MeNaCe-NZ
08.04.2017 , 04:34 PM | #1168
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I didn't make it up. At the one year anniversary they gave us this info-graphic:
http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20141126
Of the 57 MILLION characters created, only 6.8 million (11.52%) ever got their starter ships. After one full year, only 11.52% of the players ever got through the second planet story. There was no summons back then, no guild ships...your personal spaceship was the only means you had to traverse anywhere but Fleet.

So...my assertion that most players never even completed their first story at the launch of this game, seems like a reasonable and accurate assumption given the facts we have been given.
Hold up did you just say 11.52% of characters in one sentence then 11.52% of players in the next? By george I think you did, you do realize those 2 things are not the same thing right? You realize those stats are 3 years after launch right?

If there was 2 million or whatever people who bought the game at launch you are contending over 1 million of those never finished a story. They paid to buy a game and never bothered finishing even one single story ... so far you've no stats to support that at all other than comparing 2 things that aren't the same.

I have 2 apples, would anyone like one? One of them is actually an orange but I'll call it an apple anyway because internet.

MeNaCe-NZ's Avatar


MeNaCe-NZ
08.04.2017 , 04:36 PM | #1169
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Yeah, I can see how me using facts directly from Bioware to argue that you were wrong can seem like me promoting a narrative
Facts does not mean what you think it means.

aerockyul's Avatar


aerockyul
08.04.2017 , 04:43 PM | #1170
Quote: Originally Posted by dontbeswg View Post
there are a large segment of the gaming population making a living through this medium... like it or not there are facts.
I don't doubt the number of people using twitch/streaming/etc. I highly doubt a large segment of them are actually making a real living from it. That would be more like your example earlier about the truly elite (.00000000001%) that would be making that much.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress
Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Namie Amuro, Misphire Portrait Gallery
Satele Shan ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!