please help new scout pilot

Roketlvr

hello I just wanted to stop in and get some tips for flying scout I just dl this game i loved the novadive so i bought the spearpoint and it seems better for teamwork i played against some guy named skell and it was too hard to win thx

You fly on Harbinger then. If you like scout, you may want to look into the Flashfire. Spearpoint is usually considered a support ship. It brings tensor (speed boost), heals (repair drone) and EMP which is similar in effect to the ion aoe of the Quarrel/Mangler.

What advice are you looking for exactly?

Good news for you - there's lots of help right here on the forums!

First, there are several starter guides (and these are the tip of the iceberg):

Dak's Starter Guide

Despon's Starter Guide

And even a good starter video out there that walks you through using the tutorial video for practice:

Keep poking around in the other threads; there's plenty of good advice to be had here. Also, make sure and /cjoin gsf on both factions. It's a chat that most pilots read and hang out in. The biggest thing is to get out there and get flying! This game mode takes a lot of practice. The folks that are good at it have lost hundreds of matches to get there, so don't get discouraged! Try and learn something from every match, and every time you get shot along the way. See you in the skies!

-Skell

P.S. Thanks, Maulkat for pointing me to this post! Glad to help where we can :D

Edited by Wildtee

That's great! If you think of any more questions as you learn, feel free to keep asking. There's even an AMA on the forums Drak's AMA where a lot of folks have debated and settled a few questions you may come up with. Be warned, there's a fair amount of chaff in there, but also a lot of good tips.

Something i can't stress enough with scouts, learn how to toggle your shields/engines/weapons because where you are so squishy regaining shields and engines to escape and survive help. Master that and you are on your way at being a good scout.

• 2 weeks later...