Favorite Villain

dankat

Who has been your favorite villain in SWTOR? This could include class story, world arcs, flashpoints and operations.

My favorites, though not in this order have been...

- Doctor Sannus Lorrick

- Darth Malgus

- Darth Jadus

- Soa (The Infernal One)

- The Emperor

- Hunter

- Thana Vesh

Darth Baras is pretty cool, IMO. Once you realize the depth of his scheme and just how brazen and daring it is... I was like that - :eek: - in the first couple of seconds.

Thana Vesh is nice, great annoying villain that just grates on your nerves and you can't wait to kill her.

Best villain in the game, imo, is Hunter. Every time I thought I'd figured it out, my jaw dropped again, including the part at the very end. Not going to spoil anything here, since I firmly believe everyone should play through the Agent story at least once.

Hunter is THE character that makes you go "waitWHAT???" more than once, and really gives Chapter 3 the feel of Mission: Impossible.

Edited by Captain_Zone

Darth Baras is pretty cool, IMO. Once you realize the depth of his scheme and just how brazen and daring it is... I was like that - :eek: - in the first couple of seconds.

Thana Vesh is nice, great annoying villain that just grates on your nerves and you can't wait to kill her.

I didn't kill her, I flirted with her every step of the way :)

Darth Angral. See quote:

Darth Angral: Tell me, Jedi. Are you afraid to die?

Orgus Din: There is no death. There is only the Force.

Darth Angral: If there is no death, where is my son?

Melodrama? Perhaps, but it gave me shivers.

Watcher One. (The Jedi Knight gets some superb villains.)

Skavak.

Another Smuggler one,

Darmas Pollaran. Love that man's style. Rat.

Darth Jadus.

Honorable mention to the supremely smug Grand Moff Kilran.

Edited by bright_ephemera
typo, labeling spoiler

My Favourite: Darth Jadus

Cold, cunning, chilling. He is also undeniably evil; he sanctions the death of his daughter and millions of citizens just to take advantage of the Emperor's absence. You really get the feeling of a rivalry with him, from the moment I heard his name on Hutta I knew he was going to be important.

Runner's Up: Darth Thanaton

A bit like Jadus but he felt a bit more weak to me. The constant pursuit of him/me and rivalry really made him feel like a villain. It was also very intresting going from seeing him speaking to Zash over holocom, to finally cutting him down in the Council chambers and taking his seat.

Edited by Harlequintwo

Chapter 3 Smuggler Spolier.

Darmas Pollaran. Once I found out what he did... My jaw literally dropped. Well played Bioware... Well played. :rak_05:

The Voidwolf was also a good villain. Gave my Smuggler that "reluctant hero" feel that I was looking for.

Edited by Guildrum

From the view of the Empire.

Darth Jadus, he was so cunning, powerful and know the importance of non force users. You also got a chance to join him.

Zash, she's cunning and got tons of knowledge.

I just can't bring myself to categorize Zash as a villain. She's too dang NICE! She strikes me as a genuinely nice person who just happens to be Sith. Yes, I'm about to finish Chapter 2 with my Assassin, but so far even.... disabled the way she is, she still gives out good solid advice, and cheerful commentary. :)

1. Darth Tormen

2. Tarro Blood

3. Corso Riggs

4. Darth Jadus

5. Ulgo

worst villain meanwhile id say is 'The Butcher' from smug story. hear about him secondhand nonstop but only see him twice during the storyline, once over holo and once in a voss vision. and they expect me to have emotions about him? what, did you think i was paying attention to npc's ramblings? rather bugs me that 'the butcher's bane' title is only accessible if you kill the guy, i never saw a need to kill him, he never actually did anything annoying to me like tarro blood or skavak.

1. Darth Tormen

2. Tarro Blood

3. Corso Riggs

4. Darth Jadus

5. Ulgo

worst villain meanwhile id say is 'The Butcher' from smug story. hear about him secondhand nonstop but only see him twice during the storyline, once over holo and once in a voss vision. and they expect me to have emotions about him? what, did you think i was paying attention to npc's ramblings? rather bugs me that 'the butcher's bane' title is only accessible if you kill the guy, i never saw a need to kill him, he never actually did anything annoying to me like tarro blood or skavak.

Er, I can see how people don't like Corso's character, but I don't see how he could be considered a villain.

I don't find Malgus that big of a threat. I think he's just mad about the Jedi Grand Master handing his ***** to him lol

Your lol is cuz your statement is a joke......right? Please tell me that's a joke.................

OP, I would say me, & Thanaton. As I've only just finished my Sorc's story.

barus

hunter

skavak

tarro blood

jadus

those were the ones i wanted to kill the most

Did Tarro Blood make the list due to his emo/nerdRAGE tears? :D

He reminds me of a really pompous version of Anakin Skywalker from the prequels.... only slightly cooler. :p

First, my favorite villains are myself. But.. for NPCs, hmm. Unfortunately, I havent yet played all character storylines, Ive only met Darth Jadus once for example so I dont know much about him. I can imagine theres plenty of cool villain characters I havent had the pleasure of meeting yet.

Darth Baras - A very complete package. One of the more charismatic NPC villains for sure. I loved his promotion á la Darth Vader on Hoth. "YOU are in command now.."

HK-47 - Well.. duh! What can I say. Its HK!

Darth Malgus - he walked into the Jedi temple and ripped them apart. Poster boy.

Dark side Jaesa Willsaam - Well, you can romance her.. and shes personification of all vices pretty much.

Tyresius Lokai - a magnificent bastard.

Skavak - he steals your ship.

Darth Zash - a very nice character concept.

The imperial agent whose name I dont remember, and who my jedi knight had as 'opponent' on Taris iirc.. Very gentlemanly type.. But natural enemy. I liked him.

Did Tarro Blood make the list due to his emo/nerdRAGE tears? :D

He reminds me of a really pompous version of Anakin Skywalker from the prequels.... only slightly cooler. :p

Yes.. Tarro Blood doesn't make a very strong villain as such, but he makes a great nemesis. The story built up him as the guy to hate from the beginning very nicely. I wish other character storylines had enemies like that.

Thanks for this thread. It reminded me how great story and characters SWTOR has. Now I want to play it again. :)

Edited by Karkais

HK-47 - Well.. duh! What can I say. Its HK!

Darth Malgus - he walked into the Jedi temple and ripped them apart. Poster boy.

Agreed and agreed.

The imperial agent whose name I dont remember, and who my jedi knight had as 'opponent' on Taris iirc.. Very gentlemanly type.. But natural enemy. I liked him.

Watcher One.

I wanted to shake his hand by the end. Remarkable man. Also one of the reasons I rolled an Agent - turns out I love almost every Imperial Agent I meet.