Classes able to use other class abilities? will this break the game?

Jaizo

I watched the 1.2 trailer and notced a jugg using flamethrower and then saw an operative force choking? This is dangerous territory Bioware is crossing. I dont know about you but the minute I see a Jedi Sage shooting Lightning or a Jedi Sentinal force choking someone, I am sure people will claim the game broken because it will render the question, " Why play a class when one class can do it all." I can't be the only one that feels this way. What are you're thoughts and please don't troll, constructive feedback only please.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoted from link below

"A Bounty Hunter won't suddenly turn into a Force-wielding super user. Every class has a heroic moment ability which requires the presence of a companion to activate. Only by using these heroic moment abilities will you be able to access the cross-class Legacy abilities. That essentially means you can only use the abilities out in the questing world; they're locked out when you're in a full group or in a PvP Warzone. "

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1219843p1.html

Looks more like some little toy to occasionally goof around with while out solo questing rather than anything actually useful.

They haven't said how strong the abilities are going to be either. Let's face it, a BH using force lightning or something without the talents backing it up is only situationally useful even if you could use it whenever you wanted.

"requires a companion to activate" hahahah

So you can use it twice throughout dailies, and over the 2 week lvling process?

Woo legacy got worse before it has even begun....

Edited by Harleyz

This will not isolated break the game, but it might be a sign of things to come, and an indication of what to expect later. If it is not seen as good now, it will certainly not improve if we extend the trend.

---

This will not isolated break the game, but it might be a sign of things to come, and an indication of what to expect later. If it is not seen as good now, it will certainly not improve if we extend the trend.

---

Just how long are all you guys prepared to wait? I see so many posts with ppl saying there waiting.

But for how long.....

I watched the 1.2 trailer and notced a jugg using flamethrower and then saw an operative force choking? This is dangerous territory Bioware is crossing. I dont know about you but the minute I see a Jedi Sage shooting Lightning or a Jedi Sentinal force choking someone, I am sure people will claim the game broken because it will render the question, " Why play a class when one class can do it all." I can't be the only one that feels this way. What are you're thoughts and please don't troll, constructive feedback only please.

1) It's only one ability not all the abilities from the other class so your statement "Why play a class when one class can do it all" is a huge exaggeration

2) It's makes sense that for example a Agent could have force powers due to him being slightly force sensitive, maybe not strong enough to be a full jedi or sith but can do a trick or two..

3) It's strictly only PvE and can easily be put into a RP back story of yourself, especially with the legacy tree where you might have a jedi in the family tree so the genes are there...

4) Luke Skywalker was able to shoot lighting out of his fingers.... forget which book it was in but he had the ability

Anyways I think it's a cool idea

Edited by Monoth

Functionally this is an advantage to non-force users, however small. If my SI wanted to use something that required that it be equipped, then it would be a pain to have to stop and equip it.

For the non-force using classes, using a force skill is as simple as pressing a button.

I don't care if it is a tiny advantage. It isn't canon.

I'm completely against it.

Sand

"requires a companion to activate" hahahah

So you can use it twice throughout dailies, and over the 2 week lvling process?

Woo legacy got worse before it has even begun....

Only thing that's gotten worse is the attempts from trolls to crush everyone else's fun.

Edited by Blotter

Wow so much whining, Legacy isn't even something they had to add, it's something to add a bit of fun and give further immersion. The fact that people are crying over a skill you can use once every 20 minutes just proves people will cry over anything if you let them.

Just so dumb that's what it is. So incredibly dumb.

It is idiotic. This along with them allowing cross faction races is seriously making me reconsider playing this game...and I thought I would never say that. It gives me the impression that Bioware doesn't care that much about Star Wars, is willing to make a mockery of the game simply to rush out meaningless "perk" content, and is just not up to the task of representing the Star Wars IP in a meaningful and serious way.

I have waited for this game for years now, but a game that has this little respect for the integrity of the Star Wars IP I couldn't care less about. There are several promising MMOs about to release, and I would rather play what would be my second choice than the mockery of a game SWTOR will become if they go forward with this.

Edited by Cancrizans

It is idiotic. This along with them allowing cross faction races is seriously making me reconsider playing this game...and I thought I would never say that. It gives me the impression that Bioware doesn't care that much about Star Wars, is willing to make a mockery of the game simply to rush out meaningless "perk" content, and is just not up to the task of representing the Star Wars IP in a meaningful and serious way.

I have waited for this game for years now, but a game that has this little respect for the integrity of the Star Wars IP I couldn't care less about. There are several promising MMOs about to release, and I would rather play what would be my second choice than the mockery of a game SWTOR will become if they go forward with this.

Because giving people a chance for further immersion in an mmoRPG is totally absurd, no way a Chiss or Sith Pureblood could have a mind of their own and defect, or someone who isn't a trained jedi or sith be able to use force powers (even though all throughout the game you see this isn't the case in the slightest). Oh wait they can? Well then excuse me!

lol they can't give all you legacy farmers anything that will give you an actual advantage against other players... what did you expect? an AA system like EQ? LOL yeah that will NEVER happen again. EVER.

So just get used to little visual, gearing and general convenient perks cause that's all legacy is going to be. I was assuming we all knew this, but apparently, some of you thought you'd get an IWIN button.

Oh well ok. So what species gets the force choke? I thought that was a Jedi ability. I'm so confused.

Let me explain....

Species are unlocked....

So if i was to roll a Jedi Guardian as a Chiss, I would have Force abilities...

Get it now ???

You are not seeing a Chiss agent udsing Force powers....you are seeing a Sith Sorcerer who is a Chiss...

Its really not rocket science.

Edited by Nippon