Healing and You!

SySnootles

I have a question for the Healing minded Sorcerers among us... What are your healing priorities?

Healers playing through group content, especially when inserted into a less than ideal group setup, soon learn the one universal truth about healing...

"sacrifices need to be made for your force pool is not infinite"

We can further define the concept with a simple mantra that every healer should memorize and repeat as needed:

If the Tank dies, it's the Healer's fault. If the Healer dies, it's the Tank's fault. If the DPS dies, it's their own damned fault.

So.. who's the Healer actually supposed to Heal?

If The Tank Dies, It's The Healer's Fault, the Tank is always the healers priority in any kind of group content, and when i say "Tank" im not referring to the Imperial agent that keeps pulling all the aggro.

Let your Tank die and in most situations the group is doomed to wipe.

If The Healer Dies, It's The Tank's Fault, Remember meat-bags (tanks) your only job in the world is to keep your healer alive, not only alive but not wasting his force pool healing himself.

If The DPS Dies It's Their Own Damned Fault, we all know that damage dealers are just as important as any other class, no one likes to spend an hour clearing trash mobs because you don't have enough DPS. But we all have to remember that a good damage dealer is a someone who "kicks "#$ without getting their "#$ kicked in return".

If a damage dealer has their stuff together, he doesnt need heals because he probably not pulling aggro from the Tank.

"But this game doesn't have a threat meter!" the masses cried. It´s back to old school and pay attention when your DPS starts taking damage. Try to understand how that's happening and educate them politely (by letting them die).

In the end, the more you heal the more you accumulate aggro towards the mob, if your throwing heals left and right, you will end up dead. So try to heal on a single target during each pull.

Most important of all rules a healer should follow... Heal yourself before you heal anyone else. A dead healer is a useless healer.

So the question i ask fellow sorcerers... What are your healing strategies while grouped?

Well I have healed all the Heroics up to 25 and up through Hammer Station on the Flashpoints and as long as I keep the DPS bubbled I rarely have to throw them a heal so the priority would be Tank, then myself.

Only tricky area so far has been the end boss of Hammer Station when he does that big AOE spike of damage and having the adds in there sticking to me like crazy. Other then that everything is pretty straight forward.

Loving this class by the way.

I dont' think that mantra works as well any more. There are a lot of boss fights that randomly put the beat down on players, it doesn't have anything to do with threat generation. Just because the DPS is taking damage doesn't necessarily mean they're bad at their job.

I try to keep everyone healed up if possible, but if my force pool is running low the DPS are the first to be sacrificed.

Well I have healed all the Heroics up to 25 and up through Hammer Station on the Flashpoints and as long as I keep the DPS bubbled I rarely have to throw them a heal so the priority would be Tank, then myself.

Only tricky area so far has been the end boss of Hammer Station when he does that big AOE spike of damage and having the adds in there sticking to me like crazy. Other then that everything is pretty straight forward.

Loving this class by the way.

Hammer station is indeed a pain in the "#$... and its easier now than in beta :)

Nedrud's post was good.

Remember to use Sorc CC...you're a support platform not a pure heal so use the rest of you abilities. If the DPS is getting smacked drop a Whirlwind and let the tank pull aggro back so you're only healing 1 target.

Recklessness seems to work on heals too...if you need an extra little boost because you reacted a couple of seconds late you can drop a crit-heal.

For me, generally speaking it goes:

1 or 2. Tanks and Off-tanks

1 or 2. Myself

3. Co-Healers

4. Players and companions in special roles (i.e. CC)

5. Anyone who's about to die (but not at the sacrifice of the tank, myself or someone in a special role)

6. The highest output damage dealer(s)

7. Anyone who understands the concept of "cc or dps the add attacking the healer that isn't being taunted"

8. Anyone else who takes damage

9. DPS exclusive companions.

Edited by Lycaena