What Rewards would you like to see for Ranked PvP?

AlexModny

Since Cross server queueing isn't happening, I agree only having a reward for top three per class overall and nothing for server performance is a bit of a step too far.

Overall, I believe the rewards for having a certain rating on server should be diluted a bit, where gaining a set of gear and weapons would be enough. The top three per server should get a reward similar to the quality of the rancor mount, that signifies elite statis to some degree.

It would be the most fair, as competing for the top three spots on some servers is nearly undoable. Some servers require to fix matches every single time you want to play ranked if you want to have a chance to gain rating at all, while other servers can just have queues popping all day.

So yeah, just wanted to agree that the server populations should be gaining some reward, and splitting the value of the rewards based on top players per server with the rewards gained from having a certain rating would be the fairest and most inspiring competitively.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Cross server queueing isn't happening, I agree only having a reward for top three per class overall and nothing for server performance is a bit of a step too far.

Overall, I believe the rewards for having a certain rating on server should be diluted a bit, where gaining a set of gear and weapons would be enough. The top three per server should get a reward similar to the quality of the rancor mount, that signifies elite statis to some degree.

It would be the most fair, as competing for the top three spots on some servers is nearly undoable. Some servers require to fix matches every single time you want to play ranked if you want to have a chance to gain rating at all, while other servers can just have queues popping all day.

So yeah, just wanted to agree that the server populations should be gaining some reward, and splitting the value of the rewards based on top players per server with the rewards gained from having a certain rating would be the fairest and most inspiring competitively.

Well zu if you want better ques me and cavy can always transfer you to pot5 with us.

Are the top-middle-high tiers already confirmed? Should be nice to know what I have to achieve to get to top tier before my finals arrive and I can't play anymore for 6 weeks :jawa_redface: Would be nice to know so I can study in peace.

My current rating is 1545. Will I have to do more to get my top tier reward or is it good enough? :p

Well zu if you want better ques me and cavy can always transfer you to pot5 with us.

Would like to see a game where the answer to playing a game mode isn't "switch servers" tbh.

I mean seriously, if they want to preserve server personalities by denying cross server, why not give rewards based on server too.

Kind of ******** that I have to spam general chat to get people to queue for ranked when others can play like 20 matches in just an hour.

Sorry for repeating myself, but: the "top 3 per AC" reward needs to be changed to the "top [1-3] per AC PER SERVER" reward.

This needs to occur, I could have 4,000 rating, be the best person on my server, yet because some other server has more people to give them more rating, and they sit at 4,001 they get the rewards. I can't do anything to dethrone that other person since there is no cross-server q. So the best thing to do is to make it server rewards.

I like the idea of having top three in AC in the world as well, but they should at least split the type of rating rewards being gained with top three server as well. IE:

Season one top tier rewards: Unique titles, rancor mount, rancor pet, armor set, and weapon set.

Season One Rewards based on server top 3: Unique titles, armor set, and weapon set.

Top 3 per server rewards: rancor mount, rancor pet

Overall top 3 rewards: whatever they have in store for those players.

That type of reward system would not only encourage players to compete to be the best on their server no matter where they play, but at the same time, it would also prevent rating farmers from really being able to dominate in the leaderboards. Knowing what server those players are on, competitive drive to gain the top three would possibly be an answer to people queue dodging and whatever by having people specifically look out for others that they know rating farm and crash their attempt to be in the top three by queue syncing with them.

Which, would in turn, make the competition for the top three overall an actual comparison as to whose really fighting for their rating. Instead of this current system, where quite literally, all I'm doing is advocating people to form pugs for ranked PvP and stomping them into the dirt before they quit and never queue again. Since there is nothing else to play against around here.

I'd whole heartedly would agree that the current leaders in the boards (some of them are apart of the team I trust to play ranked with) that's all they're really doing. Specifically choosing the battles they fight, all in a desperate attempt to fulfill a race that isn't even practical because of the lack of population support that we have in this game.

So if the devs aren't going to let us actually compete with the world, why not give us rewards based on who we can compete with: our server.

A reward that I'd really love to see for Ranked PvP would be a temporary boost to all credits earned through PvP in-game after winning a certain number of Ranked matches. For example, after winning 3 matches, the player earns a 10% increase to all credits earned in Warzones, both Regular and Ranked. And after 5 wins, the player earns a 20% boost.

I suggest this, mainly because there is no PvP-related way for PvPers to earn lots of credits at the moment, yet we need millions to augment our gear. We have to grind Dailies, or partake in crafting, so I was hoping we could earn credits through PvP alone as well.

Best rewards would be stuff that you will not be able to get otherwise, but don't need:

Trophycase + Banners + Stuff for your Spaceship / Apartment

COOL weapon models. Stuff that rivals the ones from the GTN.

Good looking armor. Like in "not just recolored ****"

Stacking Legacy Preks that increase Valor gained for all toons by a percentage.

Stacking Legacy Perks that increase Creds gained though PvP by a percentage.

This needs to occur, I could have 4,000 rating, be the best person on my server, yet because some other server has more people to give them more rating, and they sit at 4,001 they get the rewards. I can't do anything to dethrone that other person since there is no cross-server q. So the best thing to do is to make it server rewards.

Please BW, say "oops, we are doing this per server. More details later" so we can stop posting on this obvious topic.

I like the idea of having top three in AC in the world as well, but they should at least split the type of rating rewards being gained with top three server as well. IE:

without cross server PvP (or at least cross server playoffs) that would be like NCAA football without any of the bowl games, just folks ranking the teams and declaring one the best (highest ranked).

You don't hear people talking about how stupid NCAA basketball is because the winner actually leaves a trail of beaten opponents behind him. NCAA football players (bowl system) is pretty stupid.

Mount Suggestion:

If you don't know what a "Howdah" or "houdah" is it's easy to look up, it's a fancy sort of box/carriage thing for riding atop of elephants or camels etc.

My idea is for bantha (maybe with some shiny golden decoration on it's horns) or other non-lizard-esque creature with a howdah type carriage atop. And instead of having a droid "Mahout" it could come with a Ortolan Mahout in an outfit with shiny golden adornments that match with the decoration of the howdah and bantha. It would be fun as a mount. It would be even better if we could have a friend ride with us 2-man+ mount if you will. The Rancor mounts from last season are a bit big as far as mounts go, but obviously scaled down from the scale of Return of the Jedi's Rancor so perhaps you can scale down the bantha as well

Do not use dark purple on the mount..there's too much purple. Will post other ideas.

Ohh maybe for the lowest tier a baby bantha pet that is cute and sort of looks like the fancy mount I described above but without the howdah.

Edited by Caullia

I would like to see an additional good reward for lots of participation, rather than by rating. For example, a unique rest item like a huttball touchdown dance. To earn the reward, you would have to accumulate as many wins as completing the weekly for every week of the season (or just a large number of wins). The reason I would like to see a reward like this is it encourages more participation in the ranked queues. Some players get discouraged with their results in ranked and stop queuing. My win/loss ratio in ranked is about 50% (I have never been more than 2 games above .500 or below it). Consequently, I am not going to earn anything more than the lowest tier reward and a bunch of ranked comms (the real reason I keep playing). I do accumulate a decent number of wins and think more people would play if they felt a reward was actually achievable. I do think the reward should be based on wins though to discourage people from queuing that have no business in ranked (bolstered pve gear will get you destroyed).

My main is a Sith Juggernaut named Achilles. I use the Jori Daragon armor set trying to fit the name. I was thinking one of the weapon rewards could be a main hand vibrosword that looks like a real sword. I currently use The Chopper because the Cathar Honor Sword is out of my financial reach :p

A sword that can be color customizable by crystal to fit any gear colors. Like a black/silver sword to match black and black dyes etc.

without cross server PvP (or at least cross server playoffs) that would be like NCAA football without any of the bowl games, just folks ranking the teams and declaring one the best (highest ranked).

You don't hear people talking about how stupid NCAA basketball is because the winner actually leaves a trail of beaten opponents behind him. NCAA football players (bowl system) is pretty stupid.

Compared to this current system, it would be a mark up at least.

I mean half of this type of play isn't even competition, just people beating whoever they can for rating in grouped. If you can only compete against others from your server, then why not give rewards for being the best from where you are?

It's only common sense: why only give world ranking rewards when you can't even play against the world? Shouldn't you get something for being the best on server, since you can actually earn that title by having the best rating gained from beating competitors on your server? Unlike world rankings, where it's not even a comparable stat?

It'd definitely encourage PvPers to spread out more, seeking domination of other servers and giving other servers more competition in response. And sure, world ranking rewards are a nice thought, but let's be realistic here: you can't compare the stats of anyone/have comparable worth.

If cross server won't happen, then they should give rewards based on where you play over something as generalized and inaccurate as the world rankings for SWTOR's season two ranked PvP.

If you can only compete against others from your server, then why not give rewards for being the best from where you are?

This is so obvious and has been said by so many other sensible posters here I'm a bit surprised that BW doesn't put this point to rest with a statement saying top rewards are per server.

It'd definitely encourage PvPers to spread out more, seeking domination of other servers and giving other servers more competition in response.

Spreading out is not a good thing (IMESHO). Better would be to bunch up. E.g. if all the Pot5 PvP folks transferred to Bastion I would be stoked. We need bigger player pools queuing for ranked.

I'm sure there are some people who would spend money to have a chance of being a big fish in a little pond but that doesn't interest me.

An alternative animation for a dedicated skill? If this is to expensive for a battle skill, the class-buff animation might work pretty well.

How about emotes as rewards!? In particular, something along the lines of an NFL post touchdown celebration. I.e. the kind that would draw a penalty in the current No Fun League? Or a peacock strutting type emote.

ideas for reward emotes:

• breakdance routine: player finishes by spinning on his/her head
  • Player does an NFL inspired celebration (e.g.Clay Mathew's sack celebration)
  • WWF inspired emote
  • (2nd tier reward --- didn't get the top player on server reward)McKayla is not impressed type emote. For this I imagine a Jawa appearing and awarding the player a silver medal with player doing McKayla expression.
  • emote a la Moschen / Labyrinth
  • special 4-man ranked emote reward: 4 player dance routine. E.g. if we are in a group and the group leader (who has the emote) emotes we get a 4-man Michael Jackson-esque dance routine. Perhaps this emote should require each member of the group have it in order to perform.
  • Blues Brothers inspired emotes

All top rewards should be exclusive in perpetuity (or for a very very long time).

Edited by funkiestj

well considering that the strong holds are coming out i would say that pvpers should get rare exclusive stuff for that because i mean we don't use mounts in pvp .... an armor set would be cool but you guys change the looks every expansion so no point ,,,pets are cool but then its like the mount we don't use them

we are pvpers we care about bragging rights and rep so having stuff in our strong holds that make that statement is what i would love to see

What do you want the top reward to be?

What do you want the middle rewards to be?

What do you want the lowest reward to be?

1: (glowing black white dye,) Acklay mount with glowing parts, new glowing weapon , new glowing armor, mini Acklay and title

2: new glowing weapon , new glowing armor, mini Acklay and title

3: new glowing armor, mini Acklay and title

I hope top tier stays at highest 1500 rating.