How is slicing bad again?

Exactly

Yes, the missions are not good anymore just dont do them. But out in the world exploring/missions i find boxes everywhere!

I dont know how much i made from slicing on alderran because i cant really track that, what i can tell you is i had 140k going into alderran and had 310k when i left. That is just from vendoring all the items i got (greens included) mission reward credits, and slicing.

TLDR, slicing is still really good, just dont do the missions for it.

Yes, the missions are not good anymore just dont do them. But out in the world exploring/missions i find boxes everywhere!

I dont know how much i made from slicing on alderran because i cant really track that, what i can tell you is i had 140k going into alderran and had 310k when i left. That is just from vendoring all the items i got (greens included) mission reward credits, and slicing.

TLDR, slicing is still really good, just dont do the missions for it.

i made 2k from 1 quest in alderaan, that doesnt include all the crap i vendored from it (had alot of it, nothing like killing packs of mobs to get to the hive behind them so i can poison them and just before the last mob dies someone runs up and poisons the hive -_- rinse and repeat 3423423256575639 times.) chances are the bulk of your credits came from vendor items and quest credit rewards. just my guess.

Edited by dgfbadkarma

I would agree with the author of this thread, there are still plenty of reasons to pick Slicing, the best reason its simply the only way to get augments plus schematics are not bad.

augments sell for quite literally doo-doo. I have 20 something of them in my cargo hold (blue and epic only.) On my server atleast they just dont seem to sell, the green ones just get vendored. schematics, it really depends on what it is, i've had a number of schematics where im thinking "all right a decent looking schematic might make a few thousand off this one" only to find out theres 40 on the gtn and people have put theirs up for 3 times less than the gtn's suggested price. :(

Augments? Really? You want to pay 2000 credits for a random Augment that will likely end up sitting on the GTM for 400 credits? Because that's a wonderful feeling.

Huge influx of slicers made the augment market tank; there are hundreds of pages of dirt cheap augments on my GTN. It's a testimony to how broken things were, even despite the abysmal augments market, slicing still dominated.

Why are you people talking about augments, i didnt even mention them. The point here kids is that slicing is still hands down the best crew skill to get, them nerfing the missions is almost irreleveant. The money is out there, you just need to go get it.

Actually, the whole point of these missions (for all the crafting) was precisely so that you didn't HAVE to run around farming nodes.

I realize a lot of people see the slicing nerf as sweet righteous justice or what-have-you, but it went a little too far.

Slicing needed a nerf. That isn't the problem. The problem is that slicers now feel that half of their available missions aren't worth doing. Moderate credits rewards for running them should be the norm, with the occasional crit or failure.

The fact that slicing doesn't feed directly into an actual crafting skill means that comparing it to other gathering paths needs a little more thought than most people are giving it.

Edited by TBJack

Huge influx of slicers made the augment market tank; there are hundreds of pages of dirt cheap augments on my GTN. It's a testimony to how broken things were, even despite the abysmal augments market, slicing still dominated.

To farm money with slicing you didn't have tu run any augment missions. I have no idea why any1 spent money on those.

It doesn't matter. You're still paying 2000 credits for a random Augment that you might not want, or that anyone else wants. No thanks. Not when everyone has Orange gear bought from a vendor. Even with crafted gear, it's still rare to create something that has an Augment slot.

Why are you people talking about augments, i didnt even mention them. The point here kids is that slicing is still hands down the best crew skill to get, them nerfing the missions is almost irreleveant. The money is out there, you just need to go get it.

I am not interested in running around gathering stuff ... too old for that stuff.