To clueless QQ'ers calling smash/focus spec an easy/boring spec...

JohnAnconia

@ Thread Starter What is this.... I don't even...

^bad

"i do....damage...i get....mvp votes...i win..PUGs"....THIS only further proves how terrible you are.

But the main reason for me still stands, (and im a jugg..have been since pre lauch)..anyone saying SMASH REQUIRES SKILL is a cluless pvp player that found a spec where they can "shine" so they like to feed this illusion that they are actually skilled..

im not sayign smash spec CANT be played in a SKILLED manner...im saying SMASH requires NO SKILL to be played and still succeed...you can backpadel click and tunnel vision an entire game , using only the 4 main abilities AND STILL get 300k damage.....ITS EASY TO PLAY SMASH...REALLLLY EASY.....all you have to do is get 4 stacks..leap..smash..rinse repeat..

its boring..unskiled.ANY good player will tell you that..

wake up, you ar ebeing carried by an easy spec..spec vengence and do 500k damage...or achieve as much as any smash in your wz and you will see the dif in sklill required..

edit:also..next time use REAL Qualifications to show how GOOD you are...not the normal warzone garbage, that prooves zero, its like special olympics...show ratings..

^^---<---- This guy gets it. I play both a Focus Sentinel and Guardian, neither my main yet I manage to roll through hordes of any non FOTM class. They are by no stretch of the imagination hard to play and require a minimal amount of skill to excel. Half the skills the thread starter mentions are superfluous and not crucial to the success of the spec, they only further push the spec to lolworthy proportions.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one too. I hit "enrage" I leap, I smash, I start smacking the target in the face to lower the smash cooldown after laying on force crush... and I smash again.

What's so difficult about that?

Nothing. OP has delusions of grandeur that derpsmash is somehow difficult to play. :rolleyes:

OP, I get you! Of course it is hard to play a smash spec warrior! I totally agree it is hard to run behind that Sorcerer just to smash him for 7 000.

Oh, I also agree it is much easier to play a Sorcerer! What is hard in running back from the spawn area to die again? Nothing. I agree that Sorcerers are using 6 abilities only...well, the most that I know of. There is a catch however! I heard they would like to use more, the rest of spells, but they cannot menage to cast them all. Guess why?!:eek:

p.s. :cool:

The only reason why a melee is harder to play than a sniper is because melee needs to move and use attack abilities, while a sniper most of the time has to do only one: move or shoot. It takes a little more effort to arrange the keybinds but once you are done there is nothing extea hard.

I started as a keyboard turning sniper back in december 2012, At that time melee seemeed so complicated. Then i switched to mouse turning, used some more elaborate key binds combos like shift mousewheelup/down and other, suddenly playing a melee class was not so hard after all.

The real challenge is knowing all other classes abilities, and believe me, MM takes some very good effiort to be a strong duelist given the insane amounts pf abilities that counter MM snipers.

Edited by NoTomorrow

Please stop. You either are a troll and have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, or your skill is terrible and you need to L2P.

Here's my perspective. My guardian is my third level 50 alt (I have a level 50 sage and a level 50 sniper). I can confidently say that smash spec requires higher skill level compared to dps sages/snipers. And I've played sage balance, sage hybrid, sniper mm, and sniper lethality. The MINIMUM set of attack abilities that any competent jugg/guardian focus/rage dps need to have are: force leap, zealous leap, guardian leap, combat focus, force crush, force stasis, force push, force sweep, saber throw, blade storm, and dispatch (so a total of 11 abilities not counting defensive CDs and awe/taunt/aoe taunt - any competent jugg/guardians should be using these even if they are dps).

In comparison, my sage only needs 6 attack abilities(mind crush, force in balance, sever force, telekinetic throw, weaken mind, and project). My leth sniper only needs 9 abilities (corrosive dart, corrosive grenade, weakening blast, cull, series of shots, ambush, takedown, orbital strike, and frag grenade). Both of those specs require fewer attack abilities compared to a rage jugg/focus guardian and are much easier to play. The only way someone can end up using just four buttons on a jugg/guardian DPS and still winning WZs is when you end up playing clueless undergeared pugs.

And by the way, I'm just a casual pvp'er, but all three of my alts have a mix of BM/WH gear (just 2-4 pieces of BM mostly). I routinely hit 300K+ damage on any of my three alts and win 60-70% of the matches that I participated as a pug'er and receive on average at least 1 mvp vote per match. The only spec that I've found boring to play so far .. is pt/assault vanguard.

You got no idea about sniper abilities. I easy count 15 vital low CD abilities for MM sniper - Take cover, FT, Snipe, Ambush, Takedown, Legshot, Flashbang, Cover Pulse, Shield Probe, Entrench, Shattershot, Explosive probe, Orbital Strike, Frag grenade, Rifle shot. You should bind also Ballistic shield, Evasion, Escape, Adrenaline probe, Debilitate, Diversion and Target Acquired. Edited by HeIIbat

You got no idea about sniper abilities. I easy count 15 vital low CD abilities for MM sniper - Take cover, FT, Snipe, Ambush, Takedown, Legshot, Flashbang, Cover Pulse, Shield Probe, Entrench, Shattershot, Explosive probe, Orbital Strike, Frag grenade, Rifle shot. You should bind also Ballistic shield, Evasion, Escape, Adrenaline probe, Debilitate and Target Acquired.

He only limited himself to attack abilities, as if attack abilities are all that we use in game.

Edited by NoTomorrow

First of, the fact that you made this post to defend your ezmode spec is just evidence that its overpowered. Also, naming off a couple of random abilities in a sniper and sorc rotation and claiming that's all the class needs to use to be effective just shows how bad of a player your are. Truth is most classes in this game have over 20 abilities to manage, whether you chose to use those abilities effectively and under the right situations is a factor that dictates your skill level. Yes, most dps rotations only consists of a few abilities but that applies to most classes especially rage spec. Think of it this way....one ability that does more damage than most high dps single target abilities, can auto-crit, has a relatively short cooldown (potentially 6 seconds), is aoe!, oh and don't forget its force damage so its harder to defend against (with the exception of force shroud). And for the people who claim "just simply move out of the way" don't forget that same spec has 2 instant gap closing leaps. Sure there are counters such as knockbacks, taunts, defensive cooldowns, CC, ect....but same applies to dps spec for that matter. Tell me, in what world does this sound balanced? Edited by demuss

I'd also point out that as a rage jugg, I stack nothing but power.

becaaaaaaaaaaaaaaause smash auto crits. I have a guildmate with his smash jugg... he has 1200 bonus damage... takes the hard work out of min/maxing. No other class has that.

Do you even lift?

Assassins get auto crit Shocks all the time, and more often than Smash ever could. Shocking for 4000 then 2000 (for 6k) total, isn't uncommon at all, and with the reset on Shock being such a low cooldown, you get far more Auto Crit Shocks than any Smash player could ever get.

Lawl, calling the sage easier to play dps than Guaridan means you don't face stable good opponents. Keeping yourself up while dealing continues damage against good teams with decent single target players is an art considering how easily we die. :p

On to serious though, the big difference here really comes down to when skilled players begin to play the so called "overpowered classes". The Smash spec allows for a significant gear difference between two skilled players where the Smash will come out on top generally with lesser gear due to the simplicity and high damage of the spec. Anyone who says that, dealing 5-6K damage in Aoe while still being able to out dps many classes single target as well, is not an unbalanced deal just haven't done the math. The other classes are restricted to dealing one or the other depending on spec. Referencing up to my first paragraph, with pretty nice damage resistance due to medium/heavy armor and cooldown the class is pretty much a candy shop open for free.

There is a reason why most dps records are done by Knight/Warrior classes at the moment in PvP, they are much easier to get higher damage than other classes if played correctly.

Edited by MisterMuse

-note I'll switch intermittenly between guardian and jugg terminology because I don't always remember the names of the moves on both sides.

I've played all guardian/jugg trees extensively, Focus is by far the easiest. You start off every fight hit the move that gives you focus boom 4 stacks and a boat load of focus, leap then smash, then force exhaustion then master strike because of the exhaustion they won't make it out of master strike, they are most likely dead or close so dispatch or force scream and dispatch will most likely kill them, then you use obliterate over to your next target smash, then force choke, then hit him a bunch to bring down the cooldown on your smash. Also you'll be using sundering strikes in there.

Basically there is no downside to playing focus you always have lots of rage to power your attacks due to the increase in your automatic generation move and you are bursty and can bring down the cool down on your best moves just by fighting normally.

Playing a Vengeance spec is much more challenging with alot less power. You start off with saber throw then leap then sundering strike to get armour reduction debuffs on your enemy, then you use ravage, then you use either one of your two attacks that you pic up from your tree then force scream, then you basically rotate around your moves making sure you always have your buff gotten from using either one of your two new slashes before you use either one of force scream or dispatch for the extra critical chance (note not garunteed crit) you also need to make sure master strikes is on cool down at all possible times due to the fact that your other two moves can reset, you also have to throw in freezing force if you ever want to finish off a master strike or be able to keep up with your enemies in order to hit them. In short less damage, more to be aware of, less ability to lock down opponents to get off your master strike and also you have to manage your rage because your moves cost more then the focus tree.

Playing a defence guardian isn't really comparable because totally different role but hell I'll type it out anyways. (note a play a hybrid 23/16/2 tank so unlike the other two I don't go to the top of the tree when playing this stance primarly so things may be a bit different then playing fully into the tree but who'd really do that?)

First off your rotation isn't really set, I spec into the middle tree to get free force sweeps and 4 rage from being thrown/stunned/mezzed to get rid of lack of rage problems and to get unremitting for the awesome buff. when it comes to actually fighting you throw of force sweep at all possible times to get armor debuffs on anybody around you, in a match that isn't hutt ball you'll want to use force leap as much as possible to get your buff. You'll also use sundering strike as much as possible for the rage. But this spec isn't about doing damage it's about finding a healer and keeping them alive (or if you are praticularly ambition find whoever is being focused and keep them alive but it is usually the healer.) So your main combat comes down to use leap into large group of enemies aoe taunt, run back to protection range for your healer or guardian leap if they are being hit, throw single target taunt on the enemies best dps (usually a focus spec person, fancy that) use your two stuns to stun people on your healer, use force push to knock people away from your healer then leap to them to root them then run back to your healer. Be aware of your healers health and how badly they are getting focused so when they are in trouble throw out your mez and don't hit anything after that to give them a breather to heal up. Also hit the people that are attacking your healer and in general be a nuisance to them throwing out freezing force to slow them as they chase your healer. And these are just general guidelines and your playstyle has to change a whole heck of a lot if you are on hutt ball. Basically this spec requires you to be aware of everything that is happening and use your knowledge of the situation to know when to throw out certain moves or pop a defensive cooldown. By far the hardest spec to play because of this.

Basically focus is incredibly easy compared to almost every other spec in the game because it requires no awareness just firing off the same simple combo over and over again for massive rewards.

/endrant

OP misses the whole point of why it's an issue.

The simple fact of the matter is any retard with a keyboard can play any smasher to an ability well beyond their own ability due to it being overpowered.

I have zero issue with a well played mara/jugg hell I welcome them and the good fights they give. What pisses most off is the number of bad players being made to look good by lolsmash and its insane numbers it puts out and the fact its an AOE and nearly all warzones require a degree of grouping that contrary to the lolsmashers trying to defend their class you can't simply "spread out"

Every class is easy to play once you know your rotations (this is one of the reasons I never understood the whine about quickbars theres not a single class needs more than 3 IMO)

Edited by thamightyboro

I was going to type out a long, detailed response as to why it is easy then I realized the OP wouldn't even listen anyway and it's been said multiple times so what's the point.

I'll just go with generic response #34. Anyone who knows anything about PvP already knows the correct answer.

There needs to be easy specs for newer people to get the hang of the game with imo, and I have no issues with how 'easy' a spec is as long as said player has fun. Focus/rage is very strong atm. Should it be nerfed some? Probably. Is it completely uncounterable? No.

And on a side note while it may be easy I can tell the players who are actually skilled. It's pretty much a night and day difference between the FotM players and the vets. Utility ftw :)

Every dps is easy to play . Even if some are harder , its still so easy that its nöt worth bringing up the difference

What separate a Good player from a bad is how they control the char , the awarness on what is happening around you .

And how to react in different situations.

Edited by Zeaza

Please stop. You either are a troll and have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, or your skill is terrible and you need to L2P.

Here's my perspective. My guardian is my third level 50 alt (I have a level 50 sage and a level 50 sniper). I can confidently say that smash spec requires higher skill level compared to dps sages/snipers. And I've played sage balance, sage hybrid, sniper mm, and sniper lethality. The MINIMUM set of attack abilities that any competent jugg/guardian focus/rage dps need to have are: force leap, zealous leap, guardian leap, combat focus, force crush, force stasis, force push, force sweep, saber throw, blade storm, and dispatch (so a total of 11 abilities not counting defensive CDs and awe/taunt/aoe taunt - any competent jugg/guardians should be using these even if they are dps).

In comparison, my sage only needs 6 attack abilities(mind crush, force in balance, sever force, telekinetic throw, weaken mind, and project). My leth sniper only needs 9 abilities (corrosive dart, corrosive grenade, weakening blast, cull, series of shots, ambush, takedown, orbital strike, and frag grenade). Both of those specs require fewer attack abilities compared to a rage jugg/focus guardian and are much easier to play. The only way someone can end up using just four buttons on a jugg/guardian DPS and still winning WZs is when you end up playing clueless undergeared pugs.

And by the way, I'm just a casual pvp'er, but all three of my alts have a mix of BM/WH gear (just 2-4 pieces of BM mostly). I routinely hit 300K+ damage on any of my three alts and win 60-70% of the matches that I participated as a pug'er and receive on average at least 1 mvp vote per match. The only spec that I've found boring to play so far .. is pt/assault vanguard.

Translation:

HERP DERP GUIZ PLAYING DERPLOLSMASHDERP IS HARD CUZ IT TAKEZ SKILLZ TO BALL AND SORCS AND OPS ARE MUCH MORE LEET SO PLZ BOOST OUR CLASS MOAR HERP DERP

the easiness is only partly due to the 'few buttons' aspect. the bigger thing imo is that the basic rotation has built in utility such that one doesn't have to think much beyond the basic rotation, namely the slow on force crush, the obliterate root, the multiple methods of building shockwave and the braindead resource management that comes from having free smashes with a full stack.

This guy pretty much described why it's easy: you never have to make a choice, you just follow your routine and rack up big numbers. You'll get your stacks of singularity, your leap to autocrit, and you fill time with the other (pretty strong) abilities for the next smash. Having a lot of ability buttons doesn't make it hard, because there's only ever one thing to do next.

This isn't to say you *couldn't* do something different - and good players will do other things that make the character more effective - but it's easy to get big scores (the biggest hits in fact, and they're AoE for Heaven's sake) just following the 1-2-3.

Other specs may or may not have more abilities (I haven't counted, I suspect they're all similar in quantity actually), but if they make the wrong choice they don't get big numbers, and probably end up dead instead. The other exception in a similar category to Lolsmashers is the famous 2-button-Pyro, though he's been eclipsed a little recently.

Sure, there's a degree of envy to posts from players about another spec's big damage. But that doesn't mean there's no truth to the idea that Combat Focus > Leap > WIN is pretty simple.

Edited by Wainamoinen

Honestly I think people should just quit whining about everything lol. If it were not Smash build, it would be something else. Put your panties on and just deal with the punches. In every game there are always hard and easy classes/ builds to play. Just deal with it. Plain and simple.

It's really a question of what your definition of easy/boring is in relation to the topic. Easy to me is either a question of power level (which smash has in spades) or playing a class to full potential. Boring is the amount of inherent difficulty in playing the class added to the relative power of the class. Think about it if, for instance, sages suddenly had all their damage doubled, would they become easy, boring, both, or neither?

Zen, leap, sweep, force crush, slash...., blade storm, dispatch, leap, sweep, zen---

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx^-----------------------------------------------------------------|

*Yawn*. Also please take out the cooldown of dispatch, sometimes I want to dispatch 4 ppl not in sweep range and its on cooldown. How annoying.

Edited by MusicRider

This thread accomplished one thing...it trolled out the same pretentious idiots that always find things to complain about.

Every class in this game is easy to play, but they are not easy to master. I'll see for example jugs with zero protection values all the time. What's amusing is these fools who remember getting hit by a jug/guard and race here screaming for nerfs. With aoe reduction traits and taunts applied, shi-cho aoe damage is laughable.