Vaylin ... denied since 2018

banimoka

so i'm playing thru the story ... reached the Vaylin part ...

and my heart stopped for a second .... i said to myself " no way , after all this time they will redeem her , and i can have her "

so i continue thru the dialogue lines right , and you have options to talk to her , i desperately picked all the " good " versions .... and nothing happens

why did you do it ? , why give her to us ... just to take her back , like all you had to do is record a few more dialogue lines in the studio

FIX THIS !

- her body is still around somewhere

- her force ghost is on Odessen

- you have the NPC already in the game files so you don't have to make a new one from scratch

- you already have a companion framework to add her on

- do it ... for me ... because i asked nicely

- so did other players in a 2700 reply thread in the General Sections

- and so did Senya

Her force ghost isn't on Odessan.

Her soul is almost certainly possessing the body of one of the two students that died prior to you getting to the mindscape. Specifically the redhead girl. We see her very clearly not getting up during the confrontation with the Emperor. We see Vaylin looking at the dead...soul, mind image, whatever, at this time. Then we see the redhead talking to Satele in the last scene. Some have said that she does the Vaylin smirk as walking away, but I didn't catch it. And finally Satele sends you a mail that mentions, "Oh hey one of those two students that seemed dead, yeah turns out they managed to come back alive although we don't know how."

So yeah Vaylin likely stole herself a body an no one in universe realizes it yet.

so i'm playing thru the story ... reached the Vaylin part ...

and my heart stopped for a second .... i said to myself " no way , after all this time they will redeem her , and i can have her "

so i continue thru the dialogue lines right , and you have options to talk to her , i desperately picked all the " good " versions .... and nothing happens

why did you do it ? , why give her to us ... just to take her back , like all you had to do is record a few more dialogue lines in the studio

FIX THIS !

- her body is still around somewhere

- her force ghost is on Odessen

- you have the NPC already in the game files so you don't have to make a new one from scratch

- you already have a companion framework to add her on

- do it ... for me ... because i asked nicely

- so did other players in a 2700 reply thread in the General Sections

- and so did Senya

No, thanks.

Her force ghost isn't on Odessan.

she was killed on Odessen ... so her " force manifestation " should still be there

the one you see in " Echos of Vengeance " is a duplicate from ... as far as i can tell ... is a complex version of " essence transfer "

- though being mystical in nature the ritual that allows Tenebrae to be reborn MIGHT allow " others " to be reborn too

would they actually do it ... let a " memory manifestation " be reborn ... we don't know

- i guess our fate is to be blue balled until 7.0

she was killed on Odessen ... so her " force manifestation " should still be there

the one you see in " Echos of Vengeance " is a duplicate from ... as far as i can tell ... is a complex version of " essence transfer "

- though being mystical in nature the ritual that allows Tenebrae to be reborn MIGHT allow " others " to be reborn too

would they actually do it ... let a " memory manifestation " be reborn ... we don't know

- i guess our fate is to be blue balled until 7.0

I thought it was to be assumed by her comment "s/he dragged me here" that her "manifestation" at the time is not bound to Odessen but to the Commander specifically, maybe because of Valkorion absorbing her power while being in the mind of the commander?

Edited by JuventusAndFCK

No, thanks.

there are a lot of replies that fall into this category ... and it's OK

- if you personally want to end her ... i can understand the choice

me however :

- i think she was " forced " into a villain role

- all thru the storyline you have the option to " end hostilities " with her as empress

but Bioware did not allow this ... it was always " you have to kill her and that's that "

- it should have been an option to ... DEPENDING on what conversation choices you pick with her to ... end the conflict peacefully ... as much as possible

and part of me wants Senya to have her daughter back :rolleyes:

Well,

if I didn't know about what happened to her in Echoes of Oblivion

I would say that Yes, we should have had a different solution than forcing absolutely all of us killing her:mad::mad::mad: Probably a hasty plot, short implementation time, cutting the plot and budget, a hasty return to the vanilla confrontation between the factions - I think this is the answer to why.:rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

However, based on what we have in this new update, based on the fact that many players, for example, in the discussion on reddit agree in one opinion, having indirect confirmation and given that the developers have not yet refuted it, i can say that

Vaylin has returned to life, in a new body.

And who knows, maybe this is an attempt by the developers to give us the opportunity in the future to recruit her and etc. Who knows what will happen to her now that her new life has begun?:rak_03::rak_03::rak_03:

I certainly prefer her original appearance FE / ET , but maybe her red-haired appearance is something in between, maybe she will still be given a unique model in the future? In addition, then the developers could simply add 2 customizations to the Fleet to vendors.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I, as a Vaylin fan to some extent, can probably say that all is not lost for us yet, and who knows what will happen next?:rak_02::rak_03::rak_04:

#VaylinCompanion

Edited by Blackvinils

Probably a hasty plot, short implementation time, cutting the plot and budget, a hasty return to the vanilla confrontation between the factions - I think this is the answer to why.:rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

[/b]

- that's the problem with the story of Knight of the Eternal Throne , you just don't get options roleplaying wise

- it should be ... based on how you talk with Vaylin during the campaign that you would be given the option to Kill / Redeem her

- if u threaten her in your dialogues during the story then she won't end the conflict with you

- BUT if you try the peaceful route she will agree maybe later on to cease hostilities somehow

and it happened again in 6.2 - Echoes of Oblivion , there is no choice on how to " solve " the conflict

- i kinda wanted to see an option to talk with Vitiate , talk with Valkorion , MAYBE convince them to help you against Tenebrae in exchange for releasing them when the fight is over.

- have Valkorion ( no longer possesed by Tenebrae return to Zakuul )

- have Vitiate ( no longer possesed by Tenebrae return to Dormund Kass )

you're just not given choices anymore , in the vanilla story you always had choices to deal with conflicts

- i kinda wanted to see an option to talk with Vitiate , talk with Valkorion , MAYBE convince them to help you against Tenebrae in exchange for releasing them when the fight is over.

- have Valkorion ( no longer possesed by Tenebrae return to Zakuul )

- have Vitiate ( no longer possesed by Tenebrae return to Dormund Kass )

What?

You do realize that Tenebrae actually IS Valkorion/Vitiate, right? He is one and the same. I don't think you understood the story, really. :rak_03:

Edited by Jesseriah

I don't think you understood the story

it's hard to tell which is which

- at first you see Valkorion & Vitiate ... and Satele Shan has memories of both

- but then you see Tenebrae .... BUT Satele does NOT have memories of him

anyway i am going to end this debate about how this new force ritual of animating a person from memories works

BECAUSE

this topic is about ... Vaylin

it's hard to tell which is which

- at first you see Valkorion & Vitiate ... and Satele Shan has memories of both

- but then you see Tenebrae .... BUT Satele does NOT have memories of him

It's safe to assume she never saw Tenebrae's original body. It depends on how badly it was destroyed.

Edited by Enskojare

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...