Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Amplifiers in 6.2.1 - Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Amplifiers in 6.2.1 - Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DanielSteed
01.08.2021 , 03:44 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone,

You can now test the changes made on Amplifiers on PTS! Those changes include a reorganization of the Amplifiers user interface (UI), the introduction of a new tier of Rarity (White tier), and Rarity Locking coupled with the Weekly Cost Reset. You will find more information about those changes here: Welcome to the 6.2.1 PTS!

Below you can find the type of feedback that the team is looking for:
  • Can you easily find your Amplifiers?
  • Can you navigate the Amplifiers list?
  • Did you have any trouble determining how to reroll an Amplifier or lock the rarity?
Let us know your thoughts below.
Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Kaveat
01.08.2021 , 04:06 PM | #2
are you fixing the crafting +crit amplifiers, or at least trying to?
"Those who place profit above freedom generally end with neither." - Qui-gon
"Live alongside corruption for too long, and you no longer notice the stench" - Yoda
6.2.1 = GIGO [end of line]

hollowdrum
01.08.2021 , 04:53 PM | #3
The problem I have with amplifiers is it discourages players swapping between different dps advanced classes since they often require a different tactical but the same set pieces.

AhnNu
01.08.2021 , 07:26 PM | #4
A quick question, as I've only been able to look at it for the first few minutes, will we be able to hide/close the added window with the amplifiers? Having it showing every time you open the character screen adds more clutter when I'm already working with character, preview, and inventory windows open.

In practice, I like the new way it is ordered.
Nullus Persona Remansi

Decalin
01.09.2021 , 08:01 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaveat View Post
I would also like to know this.

kekrot
01.09.2021 , 11:28 AM | #6
Amplifier rerolling seems fine, finally being able to put Flashpoint Rewards/Pvp Rewards/etc on especially Dxun armor shells within a reasonable amount of time and credits is very good (maybe lucky, spent average of 1 million per piece, between 1-15 expensive rerolls per piece for a full set).

I preferred the old layout of the character sheet, now waist, legs and feet are separated from the rest of the armor with mainhand/offhand between them. Many of my characters share mainhand/offhands, but just a few of them share armor sets, so it has been straightforward until now to click everything off to inventory, then click again to put my stuff into legacy bank in order. Now, that separation between upper/lower body armor makes it more tedious. I understand the change, mainhand and offhand are in real life separating waist from hands, but I do not believe it is a meaningful translation from real life to game, especially considering there are fundamental gearing differences between armor/weapons: set bonuses, hilts, barrels, armorings, crystals etc. Please keep the mainhand/offhand slots separated from armor like before.

Also like another poster here said: the amplifier list (not the amplifier list which appears from clicking Potential Amplifiers but the one seemingly built-in in the character sheet) clutters the screen, and I don't see the button for opening/closing it like it works on live. I'm using a 1920x1080 monitor and usually these new big windows like the login rewards work fine, however, when previewing how armor looks, I frequently have open my inventory, character sheet and the GTN, maybe even a cargo bay. I'm not interested in seeing my amplifiers when I do that, and right now the amplifier list takes up a fifth of my screen space. I hope this button omission is only temporary.

Oh, and the shell amplifiers still say Efficient Synthweaving when it, according to all the other crafting skill names compared to mission/gathering skills, should say Synthweaving Efficiency.

sharpworld
01.09.2021 , 11:32 AM | #7
I like the list of current amplifiers. It should be something we can toggle though. It might be good if the potential amplifier list didn't have all of the sections expanded by default. That way we can more easily see the types of amplifiers available.

Katushe
01.09.2021 , 12:20 PM | #8
Can you easily find your Amplifiers?
By using the list on the right side? No. Mainly, because I care more about the Armoring amplifiers and they get mixed up with the mod and shell ones and it's a mess. i still use ctrl+right click in order to realize what's what. Also, that list not being collapsible is a tremendous aggravation.

Can you navigate the Amplifiers list?
Again, I would rather have those amplifiers ordered/collapsed as the crafting skills are, in groups that include the armoring amplifiers, the shell ones and the mod ones. As they are now, the list is too long and too mixed up to be useful.

Did you have any trouble determining how to reroll an Amplifier or lock the rarity?
A bit of trouble, nothing worth complaining. The text "loc:291:itemenh" I hope will be changed to something more intuitive. Other than that, it gave me a nice mathematical problem t figure out if it's more advantageous to use the lock or not.

TrixxieTriss
01.10.2021 , 10:06 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaveat View Post
This is something on every crafters wish list.

kaymedic
01.11.2021 , 03:55 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
This is something on every crafters wish list.
As a returning player, what do you mean with they are not working as intended? I just created my crafting sets some weeks ago. Do mean this was completly useless?