Sin Tank Caps 2.0

Darth_Caedes

Is this still the goal we should be aiming for with 2.0?

No.

First off, the optimal values themselves are completely different in 2.0 because of Shield and Absorb being applied to F/T K/E attacks in addition to M/R attacks whereas Defense only applies to M/R attacks as it currently does. Furthermore, the DR curves and itemization budgets themselves are different at level 55, so you're not even going to be able to get to 30/65/60 if you tried (realize, Underworld and Arkranian gear is the equivalent of Rakata and Columi since they're release sets; you didn't get 30/65/60 in Rakata/Columi so you're not going to get the equivalent in new "Rak/Col").

As it stands now, the calcs I've seen done actually have the optimal stat distro for Shadows and VGs to be to completely ignore Defense altogether while splitting roughly evenly between Shield and Absorb. Only Guardians want to get any Defense and, even then, it's a token amount. Honestly, I expect the stuff that has been calculated to cause the developers to change *something* so that Defense isn't as nearly useless as it currently appears to be so I'm not even sure that the current calcs will apply when 2.0 actually releases.

I might be wrong but I remember when I red my shield chance stat description on my assassin's stats page on the pts and if I'm not mistaken it was: ''chance your shield absord an incoming kinetic or energy attack'' and the defense stat was ''chance to parry/dodge melee and ranged attacks''

Like I said, I might be 200% wrong but I think in 2.0 defence=protection vs melee and ranged damage and shield= protection vs force and tech damage.

Dont take my words for a Holy truth,just test/read it.

Like I said, I might be 200% wrong but I think in 2.0 defence=protection vs melee and ranged damage and shield= protection vs force and tech damage.

Dont take my words for a Holy truth,just test/read it.

You misread it.

As it stands now, there are 4 theoretical combinations of attack and damage type, one of which is purely theoretical since there are no in game examples of it: M/R K/E, M/R I/E (the purely theoretical one), F/T K/E, and F/T I/E. On live, Defense and Shield apply to the same attack types: M/R K/E and (potentially) M/R I/E. On the PTS, Shield is additionally going to apply to F/T K/E. In short, everything that Defense gets applied to also has Shield applied to it and Shield is also applied to one more category of damage that Defense isn't applied to.

It is just like Kitru explained.

every ability has:

a) an attack type

b) a damage type

a) Melee / Ranged / Force / Tech

b) Kinetic / energy / Internal / elemental

On live:

Defense = all Melee and all Ranged (so M/K, M/en, M/I, M/el, R/K, R/en, R/I and R/el)

Shield = same

On PTS:

Defense = same

Shield = all Kinetic and all energy (M/K, R/K, F/K, T/K, M/en, R/en, F/en and T/en)

So you can no longer shield M/I, M/el, R/I and R/el (and none of these exist currently btw)

You can however now shield F/K, F/en, T/K and T/en.

You misread it.

As it stands now, there are 4 theoretical combinations of attack and damage type, one of which is purely theoretical since there are no in game examples of it: M/R K/E, M/R I/E (the purely theoretical one), F/T K/E, and F/T I/E. On live, Defense and Shield apply to the same attack types: M/R K/E and (potentially) M/R I/E. On the PTS, Shield is additionally going to apply to F/T K/E. In short, everything that Defense gets applied to also has Shield applied to it and Shield is also applied to one more category of damage that Defense isn't applied to.

Ok thanks for the reply. I wasnt able to log on the PTS to read again to tell if I was right or not but you did the job for me