Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Can't merge a pvp server into pve servers, especially with the bugs surrounding flagging on pve servers.

Also, the pve and rp servers are doing great, it's only the pvp server that's losing people (and a lot of that is because of all this talk, people on your pvp server seem to have self-defeatist attitude). You lot have probably put everyone off ever rollling there with all this complaining.

Best thing they could do is offer character transfers to the pvp server people, as the RP server and pve servers are doing fine and don't need to be merged (especially not with a pvp server). Then you could figure out what is more important to you - latency or ability to attack people everywhere.

That's a pretty damned broad statement there bucko

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a pretty damned broad statement there bucko

So is calling for widespread server merges when the RP and pve servers don't actually need them or want them (we're actually doing great, f2p has brought new life into the game), just because the pvp server isn't doing well (and this, mostly because of this thread and all the complaining).

TL;DR: It's only the pvp server people complaining, you did it to yourself.

Edited by lollie

So is calling for widespread server merges when the RP and pve servers don't actually need them or want them (we're actually doing great, f2p has brought new life into the game), just because the pvp server isn't doing well (and this, mostly because of this thread and all the complaining).

TL;DR: It's only the pvp server people complaining, you did it to yourself.

Are you on Master D...if not then perhaps you should try playing there before you make comments about what caused it.... bucko

j

Can't merge a pvp server into pve servers, especially with the bugs surrounding flagging on pve servers.

Also, the pve and rp servers are doing great, it's only the pvp server that's losing people (and a lot of that is because of all this talk, people on your pvp server seem to have self-defeatist attitude). You lot have probably put everyone off ever rollling there with all this complaining.

Best thing they could do is offer character transfers to the pvp server people, as the RP server and pve servers are doing fine and don't need to be merged (especially not with a pvp server). Then you could figure out what is more important to you - latency or ability to attack people everywhere.

You obviously haven't been following this topic very long,there are plenty of post from dalborra and gav daragon requesting a merger you just make yourself look like a tool posting comments Like that

when we ask for a merger we expect the pvp server to be closed and and the players moved to the pve server merging all three logically would be the best option for population levels but we will settle for the pvp server to be merged into the pve server.

the flagging issue you brought up makes no sense as we would be merging with a pve server

also I don't know about the rp server but the pve server could use a boost of pvp players and the pvp server will be more than happy to merge into the pve server under pve settings and you won't even notice us until you enter a wz

Edited by denpic

j

You obviously haven't been following this topic very long,there are plenty of post from dalborra and gav daragon requesting a merger

How long ago was that? You clearly haven't been following this thread LATELY because pve and rp servers are telling you we're doing well now. It's just the pvp server people - all you lot need is a transfer offer.

Rest of your post is flaming.

After the past few tragic attempts to wind me up, I think it's pretty obvious why the pve and rp servers wouldn't want the pvp server people merged into us.

And what are you gonna do to stop us from merging?

it all depends on how BW sees it. Just because your server is playable again coz of f2p, you dont want to merge. once the *** ends, you will be back to where you were.

This is a pronlem for the whole community. A single server will bring people together. And I for one would want the RP server to be left as it is. Dont want more QQers on fleet

it all depends on how BW sees it. Just because your server is playable again coz of f2p, you dont want to merge. once the *** ends, you will be back to where you were.

This is a pronlem for the whole community. A single server will bring people together. And I for one would want the RP server to be left as it is. Dont want more QQers on fleet

*Shrug* So long as Dalborra stays. If i lose my names i'll be pissy >.>

It'd be worse with the pvp people bringing their brand of server rot with them (antagonistic snarky general chat same as they do here in the forum, predictions of doom and gloom and "omg this server is dead and nothing is gonna save this" same as they're doing here in the forum).

No thanks, merge them into another pvp server, or offer them transfers to a server of their choice. That rot would destroy us faster than anything, same as they managed with their own server.

Edited by lollie

It'd be worse with the pvp people bringing their brand of server rot with them (antagonistic snarky general chat same as they do here in the forum, predictions of doom and gloom and "omg this server is dead and nothing is gonna save this" same as they're doing here in the forum).

No thanks, merge them into another pvp server, or offer them transfers to a server of their choice. That rot would destroy us faster than anything, same as they managed with their own server.

You're the only one spouting rot here chump your stereo typing of pvp players/servers is offensive

Bioware is at fault here simply because they should of known from the get go like a lot of us did that Apac/ oceanic community is too small to support 3 servers and in general pvp servers population are always lower than pve and rp server

On another note I really hope you were one of the noobs I repeatedly ganked in outlaws over the weekend

Edited by denpic

*Shrug* So long as Dalborra stays. If i lose my names i'll be pissy >.>

even if your server stays the same, you have a chance of loosing your names as BW have said that it depends on a lot of other factors. For example my /played on my main is say 100 days. IF yours is only 20 days, then even with you being on the same server from the start, you might loose you name if it is the same as mine

Edited by sankalp

We would like an option to go to a server of our choice. if it ends up being your server, please run around carefully as I will gank you repeatedly and make your playing experience a lot of fun if I am on your server :)

It will being us closer /me rubs his hairy chest

Thats a whole lot of misconceptions in one post, congrats.

Antagonistic? snarky? I think you should look at yourself.

This thread is for a solution to the APAC server issues, yes Dalborra and Gav Daragon have improved since F2P, well done. I want a fun playing experience for all people in APAC servers, you sadly seem to disregard a portion of it.

Since F2P Master D has seen some increase in population but not really enough imo

Gav Daragon was the same or worse population as Master D previously, will the increase post F2P be enough for them over the long term?

The improvements on Dalborra are the most encouraging but my question is will it reach a critical mass of players to remain viable? And if it does what of the other servers?

Working for a solution to not just an acceptable server population but a great one, I feel that a server merge to one APAC server is the best... wait for it... FOR EVERYONE..

We can reach a critical mass of players, and have improved gameplay for us ALL.

But some people will have to comprimise on their prefered game playstyle.

1 good server Dalborra

1 OK server Gav Daragon

1 Poor server Master D

OR

1 Fantastic thriving server?

I'm voting the later..

But some people will have to comprimise on their prefered game playstyle.

Nope sorry, people here have already stated they'll be deliberately abusing the pvp in shared faction areas on the pve server. So no thanks to merging aggressive pvp types onto a pve server.

We would like an option to go to a server of our choice. if it ends up being your server, please run around carefully as I will gank you repeatedly and make your playing experience a lot of fun if I am on your server :)

It will being us closer /me rubs his hairy chest

I wonder why your server died with people like this running about^ don't need this behaviour on a pve server.

Edited by lollie

Nope sorry, people here have already stated they'll be deliberately abusing the pvp in shared faction areas on the pve server. So no thanks to merging aggressive pvp types onto a pve server.

I wonder why your server died with people like this running about^ don't need this behaviour on a pve server.

It's obvious you have some deep seated gripe against pvpers which leads me to think you were one of those pve geared noobs in outlaws den lol so many tears.... butt hurt much?

Edited by denpic

Stop feeding Arcain!

How long ago was that? You clearly haven't been following this thread LATELY because pve and rp servers are telling you we're doing well now. It's just the pvp server people - all you lot need is a transfer offer.

Rest of your post is flaming.

I mostly play on dalborra and have even tried the RP server since ftp. I also tried the US servers. We all need to merge - our servers are still nothing compared to US servers which are just so much more fun with there always being people to group up with for heroics, fps etc. An example:

Logged onto Dalborra at 9pm saturday wanting to do hammer station on my mara. Joined LFG, checked general chat on Dormund Kaas, Balmorra and the fleet. 30 minutes later - i give up.

Log onto Harbringer and its what like 7am on a saturday morning there? Join LFG with my sent who is also looking to do HS. Before i even finish typing in general - pop.

This is the experience i long for. Yes it will be a bit messy at first but eventually u will work out who to /ignore. As for dealing with world pvp, thats what the flagging function is for

even if your server stays the same, you have a chance of loosing your names as BW have said that it depends on a lot of other factors. For example my /played on my main is say 100 days. IF yours is only 20 days, then even with you being on the same server from the start, you might loose you name if it is the same as mine

I'll repeat myself for you. I better not lose my damn names. I rolled on Dalborra the moment it opened specifically because I wanted my names. Dalborra's population is slowly climbing, so it has no need to be closed.

I'm happy for the PvP server to be merged with the RP and PVE server, but SCREW ~ANYTHING~ happening to Dalborra. >.>

I'll repeat myself for you. I better not lose my damn names. I rolled on Dalborra the moment it opened specifically because I wanted my names. Dalborra's population is slowly climbing, so it has no need to be closed.

I'm happy for the PvP server to be merged with the RP and PVE server, but SCREW ~ANYTHING~ happening to Dalborra. >.>

Wow you have inner Chippy rage!!!

Prett ysure Dalborra is safe mate, this thread is mostly about pvp server players wishing to come to Dalborra or go to US servers.

Please Bioware can we have a solution to this problem ASAP?

On Master Dar'Nala people are logging in for the first time in months ...and then saying "where are all the people"?

Fair question imo.

Others are starting afresh with the game..and are impressed, one I spoke too last night was going to subscribe for sure, I helped them out in Hammer station because they could not get a group going.

Only 29 on Rep fleet at that time.

Basically what im saying is, by not dealing with this population issue early rather than later, these returning players and new players may not stick around.

Do whatever it is you think is best..I prefer APAC mergers to one server, but Transfer everyone to US servers for all I care..give them a fantastic population to play with and keep them as customers :)