goodbye 8v8 rwz

AngusFTW

No more 8v8 Ranked Warzones

A smelly part of those Tauntaun guts is that for Game Update 2.4 we are removing 8v8 Warzones from the Ranked Queue. We are sad to see it go but the truth is that because of many factors not enough people played them and we didn’t support them well enough, so they are going away for now. Getting eight friends together and hoping another eight people are doing the same at the exact same time AND your two teams were equally matched was a nightmare for the players. It is possible that Ranked 8v8 Warzones will come back at a later time if we can solve some of the problems with them and if the population is there to support them. We hope you enjoy Ranked Warzone Arenas just as much as you enjoy 8v8 Ranked Warzones. The same amount of attention to team strategy and coordination will be required in high level Warzone Arena play so right now we want to focus on Warzone Arenas for the current Ranked matches. We appreciate your participation in Pre-Season Ranked matches and to provide you something special we will be giving out two unique titles for this with Game Update 2.4. Speaking of Pre-Season, our current plan is to let folks have a (short) window to practice the new Ranked games before rolling out Season 1. Stay tuned for more details on the one-time Pre-Season titles and Season 1 as we get closer to October!

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130812

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You refuse to make cross server queues and complain that ranked warzone population isn't high enough. Makes sense. And BW is saying that getting 2 teams that are equally matched was a nightmare for us, but at least in battlegrounds strat and a few good plays can get an occasional win against a better team. Now that team that won 90% of the games on your server will win 99% in arenas. Prob why no pvp server has had heavy+ population in idk how long. Edited by SEANeD

Well I dont think there will be clicker-macro to win Arenas so I guess you're out...too soon?

Just because you have a good class for Arenas doesn't mean others are thrilled to go on a match without objectives so don't even bother with your cheap comments.

Please stop the QQ, let them run this course if its good it will be good, if its not we'll voice it here and things will change. This took a long time to change due to all the internal testing, but i believe any future changes will come much faster as they have been in the past on other updates.

I look forward to this!

Solo ranked queue will truly let individuals shine out, and you'll be so glad to see so and so on your team, and if YOU are bad you'll have a low ranking and if YOU are good you'll have a high ranking. Then you'll be separated with the ranking system and pugs wont be so bad because you'll match up with equal ratings. For those who played Halo the ranking system wasn't perfect but it sure was better than nothing.

See you on the PTS in 2 days.

Please stop the QQ, let them run this course if its good it will be good, if its not we'll voice it here and things will change. This took a long time to change due to all the internal testing, but i believe any future changes will come much faster as they have been in the past on other updates.

I look forward to this!

Solo ranked queue will truly let individuals shine out, and you'll be so glad to see so and so on your team, and if YOU are bad you'll have a low ranking and if YOU are good you'll have a high ranking. Then you'll be separated with the ranking system and pugs wont be so bad because you'll match up with equal ratings. For those who played Halo the ranking system wasn't perfect but it sure was better than nothing.

See you on the PTS in 2 days.

I lol'd

There won't be anyone to queue against in arenas, gl man.

You kidding me? People have been begging for arenas since launch. Ranked arenas will most likely be twice as popular as ranked warzones simply because its easier to get 4 people than it is to get 8 and 99% of the people out there rather play deathmatch anyways so there is another aspect of arenas that will be more popular.

There is a pvp patch/year and in this one BW decide to delete mode... Why why why why ???!!!!

but i believe any future changes will come much faster as they have been in the past on other updates.

EA marketing works very well.

Edited by Scheen

You kidding me? People have been begging for arenas since launch. Ranked arenas will most likely be twice as popular as ranked warzones simply because its easier to get 4 people than it is to get 8 and 99% of the people out there rather play deathmatch anyways so there is another aspect of arenas that will be more popular.

Exactly!! less people means more teams queuing!! I can't wait. Plus who cares if say these topped ranked teams match up against you.. soon enough they'll be a higher rating so you won't have to worry bout them till your gear/skill is up there. I know a lot of guilds that aren't the best at PVP but enjoy it this will give them a chance at getting in.

This is better for everyone overall.

I don't know why you are comparing one and the other in terms of numbers... you realize arenas and warzones are nowhere the same right? In one you kill, in the other you kill to obtain something with it.

At least they are honest about it - the feature lacked enough player interest on a single server level. As said above, cross-server WZs would solve this issue, and would in my opinion be worth sacrificing other PvP content even if they practically brought nothing new except shorter queue times.

Well BW has already stated that cross server queue is something that wasn't possible for them at the moment so there's that. I never played ranked so I won't talk as if I know what I'm talking about; however, 2.4 is scheduled to hit PTS in a couple of days. Therefore I suggest wait for it to hit PTS, play it, give all the relative feedback needed to make it a great patch that ALL PvP'rs can enjoy, not just you and your cult of "good players" and 2.4 will be successful. This patch being good largely depends on the communities attitude towards it.