Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Spoils of War Livestream Recap

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Spoils of War Livestream Recap
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

casirabit
05.30.2019 , 08:44 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
So in other words you have nothing. You think Kira and Scourge are more important to the story so they should receive priority. Your point has absolutely nothing to do with me reminding Eric and BW that they have other companions that people have been waiting for four years to get back.
When people start acting like that I normally start just ignoring what they say as it does no good to argue with them.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

casirabit
05.30.2019 , 08:47 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
Thank you for the recap! I really don't understand most of this.

Since tiers are going away, what will happen with the achievement for getting all classes to Tier 300? Will our characters get to keep that title and the tier flares? If we have paid the 2 million credits to give our characters levelling up the stacking CXP bonus, what happens with it?
From my understanding with the titles you will keep them but if you don't have them by the time this launches you will be unable to get the titles.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

DzastinBiberi
05.30.2019 , 08:47 PM | #33
You guys lost me at "RNG gearing" and "excited".

Last time I was "excited", I wanted to stop playing, 'cause grind was horrible and RNG.

"Exciting" isn't it?

TrixxieTriss
05.30.2019 , 09:04 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
Agreed, although I suppose it might be possible, if someone is mezzed from Whirlwind/Force Lift, at a low level of health, that they might be one-shottable. Still, that's a lot of "ifs" for the way WW/FL work currently.
But if they were that low, you would just kill them. It makes absolutely no sense to whirlwind someone you could kill with the same cast.

Quote:
No, remember the deionizing proc is actually a debuff preventing you from re-applying Static Barrier/Force Armor to someone who already has it on. A player could take enough damage that the Barrier/Armor is dispelled before the debuff falls off. So, this proposed effect would allow players to re-apply Force Armor/Static Barrier immediately upon its collapse. By default its an instant ability with no cooldown, so without the debuff it would effectively be like Force Barrier except you could move. Force Mend/Unnatural Preservation has a cooldown, so it would really only be able to get a single instant re-apply, but it might be enough to make you avoid direct and aoe damage long enough to get behind LoS. So, its not completely non-sensical on its face. Force Barrier does heal you over time if you take Enduring Bastion utility, and it resists snares/stuns/dots too, so it still has a separate role/usefulness/value as its own DCD.
The deionising would only be useful for healers because they are the ones who would put it on other players.
Dps players don’t have to wait. You can reapply static barrier as soon as it runs out.
But if a healer chose this item, they forgo a much better healing dedicated item.
That is why it make zero sense. No dps is going to choose this and no healer in his right mind is going to choose this.

Quote:
Perhaps, though combined with a set bonus or utility that lets Crushing Darkness be casted while moving, or reworking to alacrity, it might not be an issue.
Yes, if CD could be cast on the move or made instant. Otherwise, it’s all but useless item to choose in pvp unless you don’t get focused.

I think if they “only” had the above items (which I know they won’t), then every dps Sorc would only play madness and we’d have people screaming for Sorc OP nerfs from everyone, including other madness Sorcs.

Im not sure if you remember the Force Storm slow from a few years ago? They made Force Storm a part of lightning Sorc rotation and then let you spam it as well as adding a massive slow debuff. This caused Sorc cancer and ruined pvp. People screamed for nerfs, “Ling Sorcs OP”. So Bioware nerfs the wrong thing (burst) and leaves FS alone for many months and then nerfs it too. Lightning has never recovered from that burst nerf and still hits like a wet rag.

That is my concern over this madness idea. They will totally unbalance pvp again and we’ll have the same slow spam we have everytime Bioware add slowness features to any classes AOEs, aka engineering snipers were the last with this after 5.0 before it was eventually nerfed.
When will they learn that slows on AOEs kill pvp.

TrixxieTriss
05.30.2019 , 09:06 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by DzastinBiberi View Post

Last time I was "excited", I wanted to stop playing, 'cause grind was horrible and RNG.

"Exciting" isn't it?
Please tell me Ben “RNG is Exciting” isn’t back
I’ll cancel my sub now and forgo the pain

Edit : RNG protection FTW

PennyAnn
05.30.2019 , 09:15 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
But if they were that low, you would just kill them. It makes absolutely no sense to whirlwind someone you could kill with the same cast.
You are misunderstanding the explanation. He means if you put WW on Target A, and kill Target B, the cooldown for WW refreshes. They are not suggesting you kill the target who has WW on them.

Quote: Originally Posted by DzastinBiberi View Post

"Exciting" isn't it?
Again, I think you are misunderstanding here. If you actually watch the stream it is mentioned OVER and OVER that they are trying to RNG-proof gearing as much as possible, move away from RNG, and make the Galactic Command system into Galactic Renown System which will be VERY MUCH in the background. It will still be possible to gear this way, but it will be the slowest and worst way to do so. There will be lots of other, better ways to gear, many of them with RNG protection (like a vendor who will allow you to just straight up buy the pieces you want). Edited to add: They do mention that there is absolutely no MMO in the world that doesn't have some element of RNG to it, and that is correct. But they are moving as far away from RNG in the next expansion with gearing as much as they can, and that was made very, very clear during the livestream.

I watched the livestream and got nearly the opposite impression of most of the commentary I'm seeing here, with the exception of asking that set bonuses remain on armorings and not gear shells. It might be helpful to some of you to go to twitch.tv/SWTOR and watch the video. It is long, but has lots of information and specifics that are more clearly presented than they can be in text.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Do not correct a fool or he will hate you;
Correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you.

Click here to use my Referral Link

Rion_Starkiller
05.30.2019 , 09:27 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
[*]There is built in RNG protection on set and tactical items.
Ahhhh. This makes me happy.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

TrixxieTriss
05.30.2019 , 09:28 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by PennyAnn View Post
You are misunderstanding the explanation. He means if you put WW on Target A, and kill Target B, the cooldown for WW refreshes. They are not suggesting you kill the target who has WW on them.
Well “if” that is the case, then it makes sense. I’ve not been able to watch the stream and can only go on the brief description in the dev post.
Did you get this extra info on the stream or are you just assuming, because after years of assuming the devs will mean one thing, they often do the opposite.

I don’t think we should have to guess based on impressions, I’d prefer clarification from Eric, it’s why I posted.
If I’m wrong, then that’s also fine. I just wanted to list some concerns and hope for him to respond with more info.

Edit: since had an opportunity to listen to the stream. And yes, I made some incorrect assumptions about WW.
Part of the reason for that is Eric post doesn’t do the stream justice.

PennyAnn
05.30.2019 , 09:32 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Well “if” that is the case, then it makes sense. I’ve not been able to watch the stream and can only go on the brief description in the dev post.
Did you get this extra info on the stream or are you just assuming, because after years of assuming the devs will mean one thing, they often do the opposite.

I don’t think we should have to guess based on impressions, I’d prefer clarification from Eric, it’s why I posted.
If I’m wrong, then that’s also fine. I just wanted to list some concerns and hope for him to respond with more info.
I watched the stream. I explained it to you in pretty much the exact terms he explained it on the stream. I hope he will jump in and clarify also, but had seen you post the same thing in several places so wanted to clarify with you sooner rather than later that this is how it will work. Additional clarification is welcome - @EricMusco =)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Do not correct a fool or he will hate you;
Correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you.

Click here to use my Referral Link

ZionHalcyon
05.30.2019 , 09:45 PM | #40
I caught the stream and am really excited about it.

They said they will take feedback, will have this out on PTS, and want people to try it BEFORE they start complaining, but if the complaints of people who HAVE tried it start to pile up, they aren't adverse to changing things.

They are really doing this a smart way.