Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Spoils of War Livestream Recap

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Spoils of War Livestream Recap
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Masteries
05.30.2019 , 06:34 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
Please explain how any of that is relevant to making us, any of us, wait four years (by the time Onslaught drops it will be almost four years since Fallen Empire released) for our companions to return. And by the way, I have two Jedi Knights. I am as interested in Kira's and Scourge's returns as I am Tharan and Zenith, but Kira and Scourge (more so Kira) were the only ones mentioned during the stream.
Because unlike Tharan and Zenith, it makes no sense for Kira and Scourge to have remained hidden, as it doesn't coincide with the story, which is what these companions are for, story. It makes nose sense for Kira and Scourge, who again had the biggest reason to return just remain away while the Eternal Alliance was fighting against Arcaan, especially when these two were always able to sense the Emperor. So with that, tell me why it's okay that the two companions tied to the emperor should have been left out of the last two expansions and why say Tharon and Zenith deserve a return more? I understand you want these two back, and that's fine, we all wanted our companions back, but on a story level, why should these two be given more focus when the two who had the most ties to the emperor were ignored for the last 2 expansions?
<.>

Psilanthropy
05.30.2019 , 06:51 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Masteries View Post
Because unlike Tharan and Zenith, it makes no sense for Kira and Scourge to have remained hidden, as it doesn't coincide with the story, which is what these companions are for, story. It makes nose sense for Kira and Scourge, who again had the biggest reason to return just remain away while the Eternal Alliance was fighting against Arcaan, especially when these two were always able to sense the Emperor. So with that, tell me why it's okay that the two companions tied to the emperor should have been left out of the last two expansions and why say Tharon and Zenith deserve a return more? I understand you want these two back, and that's fine, we all wanted our companions back, but on a story level, why should these two be given more focus when the two who had the most ties to the emperor were ignored for the last 2 expansions?
I don't see how they're mutually exclusive. There's no issue with them wondering about their Consular companions if they weren't discussed, as well.

DarthMetalJoey
05.30.2019 , 07:00 PM | #23
i loved the stream i have a newfound excitement for the game! but please don't put the set bonus on shells... keep it on armorings.... i want my marauder to keep his exalted marauder gear as the gear i have his mods in forever lol

ceryxp
05.30.2019 , 07:34 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Masteries View Post
So in other words you have nothing. You think Kira and Scourge are more important to the story so they should receive priority. Your point has absolutely nothing to do with me reminding Eric and BW that they have other companions that people have been waiting for four years to get back.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

TrixxieTriss
05.30.2019 , 07:59 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Example Effects that could be found on these items for....
  • Inquisitor - The cooldown of Whirlwind is reduced, also, killing an enemy before Whirlwind ends resets the cooldown of Whirlwind
  • Sorcerer - Activating Unnatural Preservation removes Static Barrier's Deionize effect from you
  • Assassin - Force Shroud also applies to any ally you are guarding
  • Lightning Sorc - Crushing Darkness’s damage over time is increased and the chance that Forked Darkness causes Crushing Darkness to double-tick is improved
  • Madness Sorc - Death Field does more damage to all targets and spreads Force Slows effects
  • Corruption Sorc - Revivification heals more for each ally it affects
-eric
I know you said these are examples, but I feel I need to chime in, in case you are serious about some of these.

1. Whirlwind usually breaks on damage. So it would be impossible under the current system to kill someone before it ends. So this example is nonsensical unless you are making changes to how WW works?
2. Why would anyone want unnatural preservation to remove static barriers deionising effect? That would mean you would need to reapply it straight away?? Another nonsensical suggestion.
3. As much as it’s appreciated that you are looking at lightning Sorcs, crushing darkness is the least usable in pvp because it takes too long to cast if you have to continuously LoS. Adding more damage onto it is pointless for pvpers.
So I hope you have better ideas. AKA, the one you mentioned last month of making chain lightning only hit one target, but with higher burst.
4. Madness Sorc. This is a great idea (if you are a madness Sorc), but I can already hear the nerf calls because of the “slow” affect being spammed on people when there are more than 1 madness Sorc in pvp. I think an ability like this will be similar to the force storm slow spam problem from a few years ago. It will make madness Sorcs a little OP for pvp.

Anyway. It’s great that you’ve given all this info to us, I just hope you guys are serious on taking our feed back on some things that might not be good.

Edit : Disregard some of this post. The notes didn’t do the stream justice and it’s easy to misunderstand without listening to it.

The only thing I still think is still relevant is point 4 and point 3.
But it seems point 4 is supposed to have the effect I’m concerned about so it will be a very interesting time post launch with all the nerf calls.

OlBuzzard
05.30.2019 , 08:05 PM | #26
*****Set Bonuses ******
**In combination with tactical items can be playstyle defining *** Please clarify or better define

**Multiple new sets for Advanced and Base Classes ** Advanced class ? which are base ?

**General options also available ** Not trying to be rude ... but still somewhat lacking in specific information

**Sets now come in various sizes** I'm guessing that you are suggesting that there are sets with a varring number of pieces in them ?

***** Tacticals *****
**In combination with set bonuses can be playstyle defining** Again just a guess, But I think we're starting to understand this is a new slot to be filled with item "X"

**Multiple options for Disciplines and Advanced Classes** this helps customize a character...
either to "boost" a particular ability or to "Add" to it ? Still a little fuzzy here. (sorry)

**General options also available** Could be used as a general stat boost (ie. Accuracy / criticals or similar

**Rare item in a new item slot ** These items are rare drops and only in more difficult areas more than likely requiring group participation of some sort ?

I'll work on the rest later. This is just a bit of where I'm at personally. But don't go by me ... I'm not that good at this just looking at stats... (sorry)
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

IoNonSoEVero
05.30.2019 , 08:08 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
I'm not sure how I feel about that either. It's a little OCD but I liked to put my set bonus armorings in shells chosen specifically with a particular look in mind, to suit the characters who use that gear. Yes, it's overwritten by outfits, but I just liked doing it all the same. I feel a little sad at losing this.
I agree. Some of my characters have specific pieces for story reasons (for instance, my SI has always kept Kallig's Countenance for her helm and I have just plugged the 248 mods/enhancements and the augments into that) and it will be sad to have to change that to get a set bonus.

I'm not looking forward to having to buy or craft 14 new MK-10 kits for each character when I have to rip out the augments to put them in the new gear to get the set bonus, either.

phalczen
05.30.2019 , 08:24 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
1. Whirlwind usually breaks on damage. So it would be impossible under the current system to kill someone before it ends. So this example is nonsensical unless you are making changes to how WW works?
Agreed, although I suppose it might be possible, if someone is mezzed from Whirlwind/Force Lift, at a low level of health, that they might be one-shottable. Still, that's a lot of "ifs" for the way WW/FL work currently.
2. Why would anyone want unnatural preservation to remove static barriers deionising effect? That would mean you would need to reapply it straight away?? Another nonsensical suggestion.
No, remember the deionizing proc is actually a debuff preventing you from re-applying Static Barrier/Force Armor to someone who already has it on. A player could take enough damage that the Barrier/Armor is dispelled before the debuff falls off. So, this proposed effect would allow players to re-apply Force Armor/Static Barrier immediately upon its collapse. By default its an instant ability with no cooldown, so without the debuff it would effectively be like Force Barrier except you could move. Force Mend/Unnatural Preservation has a cooldown, so it would really only be able to get a single instant re-apply, but it might be enough to make you avoid direct and aoe damage long enough to get behind LoS. So, its not completely non-sensical on its face. Force Barrier does heal you over time if you take Enduring Bastion utility, and it resists snares/stuns/dots too, so it still has a separate role/usefulness/value as its own DCD.
3. As much as it’s appreciated that you are looking at lightning Sorcs, crushing darkness is the least usable in pvp because it takes too long to cast if you have to continuously LoS. Adding more damage onto it is pointless for pvpers.
So I hope you have better ideas. AKA, the one you mentioned last month of making chain lightning only hit one target, but with higher burst.
Perhaps, though combined with a set bonus or utility that lets Crushing Darkness be casted while moving, or reworking to alacrity, it might not be an issue.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Fellow-Canadian
05.30.2019 , 08:39 PM | #29
So, if I'm reading this right then almost all the gear you need is from RNG. RNG loot crates are here to stay, RNG loot from galactic command, and the item vendor has a random chance to gamble for the gear you want (vendor has a random chance to appear to boot).

The thrill of RNG!

I know I know... but crafted! If the gear you get from crafting isn't identical to the stuff you need from RNG then the gear is trash. Not viable imo.

I miss 4.0 gearing for how simple it was. Earn currency or get a token and cash it in for exactly what you wanted.
The Canadian Legacy
Check out my PVP videos on my YouTube channel.

Damask_Rose
05.30.2019 , 08:43 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
[*]The restructuring from Galactic Command to Galactic Renown needs a bit more clarification for me. What about all the stuff outside of gear that the command crates have been dropping so far? Will we still see Renown drop cosmetic armor sets, weapon shells, speeders and the like? Will the pool be the same, will it be different, will there be more sets coming in there? I know there was a Tier 5 planned with more cosmetic stuff in there we never got, so I'm still kind of hopeful to see that. Likewise, will Renown now go past Rank 300? Will it be like Guild Levels and just go on forever?
This is my question as well. I don't want to be caught off guard if we are going to lose the fluff. I'll start hoarding now if I need to... I'm a little jumpy after we were promised that we wouldn't lose access to any gear in the 4.0 changes and lo and behold vendors were removed, heroic & flashpoint gear was changed and loot tables synced so rare low level gear is nearly impossible to get.