Force Veteran Armor Set

simimuss

Hello, Bioware! I have a small request. In 2018 there was NVIDIA giveaway and subcriber reward featuring this beautiful armor set, Force Veteran. Unfortunately, as many other players, I missed the chance to obtain it. And not having this armor have been haunting me for a long time. I purchased a lot of Cartel Coins only to collect similar pieces but it doesn't look as perfect as Force Veteran set. So, Bioware, please! Give the rest of the players this armor. It makes me really sad that I missed that event as I love the armor but can't get it. Would be nice to see Force Veteran armor in Cartel Market and thus in Collections or in some vendor's assortment. Thanks in advance!

Hello, Bioware! I have a small request. In 2018 there was NVIDIA giveaway and subcriber reward featuring this beautiful armor set, Force Veteran. Unfortunately, as many other players, I missed the chance to obtain it. And not having this armor have been haunting me for a long time. I purchased a lot of Cartel Coins only to collect similar pieces but it doesn't look as perfect as Force Veteran set. So, Bioware, please! Give the rest of the players this armor. It makes me really sad that I missed that event as I love the armor but can't get it. Would be nice to see Force Veteran armor in Cartel Market and thus in Collections or in some vendor's assortment. Thanks in advance!

They've already set a precedence by releasing the shroud chapter (HK-55), and the SoR mount, amoung other things, so just keep up the support of this thread, and get some more to post, and it might happen.

• Like 1

They've already set a precedence by releasing the shroud chapter (HK-55), and the SoR mount, amoung other things, so just keep up the support of this thread, and get some more to post, and it might happen.

Thanks for encouragement! I'd be happy if Bioware at least see this thread :D

But it would be awesome if others support me here to let the devs know.

Might as well just add it to the Rakghoul event as a reward. That's pretty much what happened with the Razer 'unique' green/black colour crystals. (yeah, sure, its a teensy-weensy shade of green different if you want to be a stickler).

Sigh.....loved my Razer SWTOR peripherals....wish they still made them.

Might as well just add it to the Rakghoul event as a reward. That's pretty much what happened with the Razer 'unique' green/black colour crystals. (yeah, sure, its a teensy-weensy shade of green different if you want to be a stickler).

Sigh.....loved my Razer SWTOR peripherals....wish they still made them.

That's actually a good idea. Hope BioWare will think the same.

They've set a precedent. Precedence is something else altogether(1), frequently used in place of "precedents" because it sounds like "precedents" does with a weak pronunciation of the "T".

Except that they haven't, or at least not by releasing the Shroud of Memory chapter. The NVidia offer was for the Force Veteran set and the Chiss Talon Interceptor Airspeeder[1]. Those were also rereleased in February the following year in a different promotion, "Share the Love".[2] There was, if y'all recall, some ... debate, let's say, although "adverse comment" might be less distant from the mark, about tying the offer to NVidia's equipment and particularly to the GeForce Experience software, especially when the offer was seriously bugged, leaving some people who should have had a code with none, and others with multiple codes.(2)

[1] http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171206

[2] http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20180213?intcmp=sor_bwa-mkt-t-us-lp-238

So, it would be reasonable to say that the release of the Share the Love promotion is the precedent for rereleasing it again, much as the second "be a subscriber on Date X" releases of Nico and Shae are precedents for rereleasing them on *another* Date X offer. No need to make any of these things paid-for.

(1) Various meanings all related to the order in which things are put or whatever. Of particular note are "operator precedence" in programming languages and the protocols of social precedence that define the order in which British royalty, nobility and knighthood enter and leave formal occasions. Botn "precedent" and "precedence" are derived from the same root word as "precede" = "come (or go) before".

(2) Veterans of Guild Wars 2 may recall the Kung Fu Tea debacle. People who successfully registered got redeemable codes for the Dragon Emblem Clothing Outfit(3), one of the most sought-after redeemable-code items in GW2 history. Needless to say, you can all guess, from me calling it a "debacle", that it didn't end well. The level of demand was as high as one might expect, and Kung Fu Tea's servers simultaneously exploded, imploded and melted under the load. The threads complaining about it on the GW2 forums were ... heated.

(3) For the terminally curious, here's my character wearing it. https://i.imgur.com/4HVF2s3.jpg The shirt is actually white, but she's facing away from the sun, so her ... assets ... are in shadow.

They've set a precedent. Precedence is something else altogether(1), frequently used in place of "precedents" because it sounds like "precedents" does with a weak pronunciation of the "T".

Except that they haven't, or at least not by releasing the Shroud of Memory chapter. The NVidia offer was for the Force Veteran set and the Chiss Talon Interceptor Airspeeder[1]. Those were also rereleased in February the following year in a different promotion, "Share the Love".[2] There was, if y'all recall, some ... debate, let's say, although "adverse comment" might be less distant from the mark, about tying the offer to NVidia's equipment and particularly to the GeForce Experience software, especially when the offer was seriously bugged, leaving some people who should have had a code with none, and others with multiple codes.(2)

[1] http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171206

[2] http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20180213?intcmp=sor_bwa-mkt-t-us-lp-238

So, it would be reasonable to say that the release of the Share the Love promotion is the precedent for rereleasing it again, much as the second "be a subscriber on Date X" releases of Nico and Shae are precedents for rereleasing them on *another* Date X offer. No need to make any of these things paid-for.

(1) Various meanings all related to the order in which things are put or whatever. Of particular note are "operator precedence" in programming languages and the protocols of social precedence that define the order in which British royalty, nobility and knighthood enter and leave formal occasions. Botn "precedent" and "precedence" are derived from the same root word as "precede" = "come (or go) before".

(2) Veterans of Guild Wars 2 may recall the Kung Fu Tea debacle. People who successfully registered got redeemable codes for the Dragon Emblem Clothing Outfit(3), one of the most sought-after redeemable-code items in GW2 history. Needless to say, you can all guess, from me calling it a "debacle", that it didn't end well. The level of demand was as high as one might expect, and Kung Fu Tea's servers simultaneously exploded, imploded and melted under the load. The threads complaining about it on the GW2 forums were ... heated.

(3) For the terminally curious, here's my character wearing it. https://i.imgur.com/4HVF2s3.jpg The shirt is actually white, but she's facing away from the sun, so her ... assets ... are in shadow.

Thanks for clearing up with precedence and precedent! Sorry, I'm not getting your point, though. Are you saying that BW shouldn't make us pay for this armor?

Edited by simimuss

True, was a late night/early morning, I'm surprised I could type at all...lol. But what I meant by setting a precedent, is that they've rereleased things that were supposed to be a one off, ie sub from x to y, or whatever the mount was. If you didn't do it then, then you didn't get it....supposedly. But as they changed that, they can change others.

I never agreed with them bringing stuff back, but the fact it has happened, they can't ( or rather shouldn't) hold anything else back. As I've said before, if people can get the really cool shroud chapter, I should be able to get the ****** mounts, so I can finish my 100% on mounts. No idea how I missed them, as I've been a constant sub for 8 years, and have been on the forum just as long :/

Edit :

I just looked at the pic, the set is cool, but the weapon is fantastic, would love to have something like that here :)

Edited by DarkTergon

If they bring this back as a subscriber reward or put it on the cm whatever, fine. If they put it on the rakghoul event, I'll be a bit cranky. I essentially paid $15 for it. Everyone else can too.

Well, there is some truth in your words. I guess it would be a bit over the top to give this armor to everyone for a few quests, especially considering that the set was a subscriber reward once. It may be unfair to subscribers. So, bringing it back as a subscriber reward again seems the best option.

Well, there is some truth in your words. I guess it would be a bit over the top to give this armor to everyone for a few quests, especially considering that the set was a subscriber reward once. It may be unfair to subscribers. So, bringing it back as a subscriber reward again seems the best option.

Don't worry, BW will never give away something they know people will pay money for, so it'll probbly end up on the CM for a ridiculous amount of cc's/money

Don't worry, BW will never give away something they know people will pay money for, so it'll probbly end up on the CM for a ridiculous amount of cc's/money

You can call me a naive optimist, but I hope BW will at least give just another chance to get this set. I don't really mind CM variant for as long as the price is reasonable. Besides, it will finally become a part of the collections, which many people wanted.

You can call me a naive optimist, but I hope BW will at least give just another chance to get this set. I don't really mind CM variant for as long as the price is reasonable. Besides, it will finally become a part of the collections, which many people wanted.

I used to be a naive optimist, but the last month or so here and in game have changed that. I was half joking about them charging too much, but if they do rerelease chances are it will be a CM item, and go for about the same as the sub, or close. Just keep asking, sometimes they listen, sometime not. But if you don't keep them under pressure, you'll never know.

I used to be a naive optimist, but the last month or so here and in game have changed that. I was half joking about them charging too much, but if they do rerelease chances are it will be a CM item, and go for about the same as the sub, or close. Just keep asking, sometimes they listen, sometime not. But if you don't keep them under pressure, you'll never know.

I'm trying to keep this thread as high as possible. And, actually, I'd really appreciate if the others who share my wish support me here. If anyone is interested in this particular armor and want to get it, please let me and the devs know in this thread ;)

I'm trying to keep this thread as high as possible. And, actually, I'd really appreciate if the others who share my wish support me here. If anyone is interested in this particular armor and want to get it, please let me and the devs know in this thread ;)

I've already got it, but as I've said on the other thread, they've already rereleased other content, so they might as well rerelease it all, with the same, or similair costs/conditions (where possible)

Even though I've nothing to gain from it, I still like to support the community. There are a few of us here that do, it's just shame some aren't like that, but instead chose to tear down the community.

Anyway +1 from me :) Try and keep it on the front page, it has a better chance of exposure there :)

I've already got it, but as I've said on the other thread, they've already rereleased other content, so they might as well rerelease it all, with the same, or similair costs/conditions (where possible)

Even though I've nothing to gain from it, I still like to support the community. There are a few of us here that do, it's just shame some aren't like that, but instead chose to tear down the community.

Anyway +1 from me :) Try and keep it on the front page, it has a better chance of exposure there :)

Thanks, mate! I really-really appreciate your input! :sul_smile:

Thanks for clearing up with precedence and precedent! Sorry, I'm not getting your point, though. Are you saying that BW shouldn't make us pay for this armor?

I'm saying exactly that, the rerelease should not be on the CM. Another redeemable-code thing like Share The Love, or a simple Subscriber-On-Date offer, sure, yes, but not CM.

And like DT, I support the idea of rereleasing these two items (the armour and the speeder), but as redeemable-code or Subscriber-On-Date.

I'm saying exactly that, the rerelease should not be on the CM. Another redeemable-code thing like Share The Love, or a simple Subscriber-On-Date offer, sure, yes, but not CM.

And like DT, I support the idea of rereleasing these two items (the armour and the speeder), but as redeemable-code or Subscriber-On-Date.

Thanks for supporting the idea! I don't know if this thread is enough for Bioware to rerelease the set, but it seem all that's left is waiting.

Thanks for supporting the idea! I don't know if this thread is enough for Bioware to rerelease the set, but it seem all that's left is waiting.

There are some negative people out there that will tell you these forums don't change anything, and while it's true with a lot of things, some good has come out of people's request. Don't let these negative nancies stop you. At the end of the day, no matter how they rerelease it, it has the possibility of making cash for them, and because of that, there's always a chance it could happen. Just keep up the positive posts, remind people here., etc.

There are some negative people out there that will tell you these forums don't change anything, and while it's true with a lot of things, some good has come out of people's request. Don't let these negative nancies stop you. At the end of the day, no matter how they rerelease it, it has the possibility of making cash for them, and because of that, there's always a chance it could happen. Just keep up the positive posts, remind people here., etc.

Thanks, DarkTergon! Your replies are a beacon of hope! You are truly a sun in a gloomy day ;)

Definitely will keep this thread up. Of course, I know about bigger problems that players have been experiencing recently. I guess it is a priority now to fix them first. But I hope the devs at least heard us :o

And guys, please, if someone wishes the Force Veteran Armor (and maybe the mount that came together with it last time) is available to be obtained again, let us know! I’d really appreciate if you help me keep this thread up. Cheers ;)