Keith, you need to stop the pvp cheats

Icykill_

Keith, there has always been cheating and hacking in pvp, but what ever you did recently with the code is allowing them to do stuff I've never seen before and had thought it was impossible.

I've seen snipers stealth, Operatives teleporting and Juggs with speed run. None of them have been group buffed, so it's not Operative stealth for snipers or Mara predation for Juggs. The Operative wasn't a bugged roll because I saw them teleport like a Sin across the screen. On top of that we now have people who can't be stunned all match and resolve never goes onto them.

Then you have your every day run of the mill cheating like walking through walls, floating and capping while being hit or in stealth.

Add the stupid bugs that are just getting worse, not better and WZs like Hutt Ball are terrible because operatives just phase through the floor as they roll with the ball and are untargetable.

Keith, something really needs to get done about this as it's only getting worse.

You need to fix the broken code creating the bugs and allowing people to cheat.

Change your policy on cheating and add a real deterrent. A slap on the wrist is only encouraging them. How about if you catch them you just ban/delete the account. Then list this in the TOS and maybe put it up on the login screen occasionally as a warning.

Also please change the way we can report cheating so it is more stream lined. ie right click, report cheat, then allow us to go into the ticket and edit what we saw and add proof if we have it. Then actually get the CS to investigate.

Cheating has been a thorn in my side since launch and I've campaigned against it for years. Ive taken lots of ridicule and trolling over it and told it's impossible by many people only to be proven right years later by a certain notorious hacker.

My sub runs out soon and I wanted to make one more attempt to have this addressed for the benefit of the community before I leave.

Hopefully this won fall on deaf ears this last time.

Keith, there has always been cheating and hacking in pvp, but what ever you did recently with the code is allowing them to do stuff I've never seen before and had thought it was impossible.

I've seen snipers stealth, Operatives teleporting and Juggs with speed run. None of them have been group buffed, so it's not Operative stealth for snipers or Mara predation for Juggs. The Operative wasn't a bugged roll because I saw them teleport like a Sin across the screen. On top of that we now have people who can't be stunned all match and resolve never goes onto them.

Then you have your every day run of the mill cheating like walking through walls, floating and capping while being hit or in stealth.

Add the stupid bugs that are just getting worse, not better and WZs like Hutt Ball are terrible because operatives just phase through the floor as they roll with the ball and are untargetable.

Keith, something really needs to get done about this as it's only getting worse.

Change your policy on cheating and add a real deterrent. A slap on the wrist is only encouraging them. How about if you catch them you just ban/delete the account. Then list this in the TOS and maybe put it up on the login screen occasionally as a warning.

Also please change the way we can report cheating so it is more stream lined. ie right click, report cheat, then allow us to go into the ticket and edit what we saw and add proof if we have it. Then actually get the CS to investigate.

Cheating has been a thorn in my side since launch and I've campaigned against it for years. Ive taken lots of ridicule and trolling over it and told it's impossible by many people only to be proven right years later by a certain notorious hacker.

My sub runs out soon and I wanted to make one more attempt to have this addressed for the benefit of the community before I leave.

Thank you for this post. I too have seen some of things, along with players who cannot even be targeted, no matter how close you get to them. I guess the people who made up the old adage "cheaters never prosper" never played PvP in SWTOR, because there certainly is nothing being done about it.

The Operative wasn't a bugged roll because I saw them teleport like a Sin across the screen.

Just tought I would post a skill you didnt know about:

Operativ / scundrel after 4.0 got released

New Ability: Holotraverse/Trick Move! Supercharge your stealth generator, quickly moving you to a friendly or enemy target and increasing your movement speed by 75% for 3 seconds. Does not break stealth, cannot be used against enemy targets in cover, has a 45 second cooldown, and is off of the Global Cooldown.

Worst thing is that arenas are affected by, pretty much, the same person over and over for years.

People who respond to those threads with "report them to Eric / CS" are absolutely clueless about the reality of things.

Now, Now, I know you haven't been given those robes yet, but no need go around call people names.;)

I had that one sniper entering trench a couple of meters from the console on snow in civil war, had him tabbed real early; suddenly that red circle were behind the console capping, when done he just re-appeared in his trenched position. "well that's a new one" was my first thought, made the ticket and 90 sec later got the ping and answer in my phone.

Sure they can't say what measures they're taking, but friends, if we don't make any tickets, then we really can't whine about the problem. Ohh, haven't seen that sniper around since then really . . . :eek:

Just wanted to point out that Juggs have two separate Utilities they can take that grant 50% speed boosts.

I think a great deal of "odd activity" in PvP can be chalked up to an engine that seems to confuse itself quite often with where YOU see characters and where IT sees characters, it happens in PvE as well...but there are absolutely fishy things that go on in PvP and I would really love for whoever is in charge of that, to take a look at it,

I think a great deal of "odd activity" in PvP can be chalked up to an engine that seems to confuse itself quite often with where YOU see characters and where IT sees characters, it happens in PvE as well...but there are absolutely fishy things that go on in PvP and I would really love for whoever is in charge of that, to take a look at it,

I'll say!! "Now where did that ball carrier running thru thos flames go?" ... Yep I'm referring to some long time odd huttball events ... "Well now there he is! Down on that floor!!! I'll better jump down there and teach that Son of a Hutt what happens if you attempt to kick the ball!!!!" ... Yep, I'm going down there to unleash Hell ... "But(t) what in freakin' Malgus a-s-s, How did he get up on those rails, and manage to speed buff his Tail across the goal line!!!??"

That's "odd activity" alright! Now . . .

... there are absolutely fishy things that go on in PvP and I would really love for whoever is in charge of that, to take a look at it,

Amen!

:eek:

This, if you PvP melee it really shows.

Also, OP, operatives have a leap to target ability, not just roll.

Edited by Foambreaker

On Harbinger:

It's not just PVP. In GSF there are people exploiting some kind of ping/lag where they stutter and jump around when in that mode they can't be hit and can run through asteroids and walls. Worst of all they can fire at you and drop mines inside of satellites so that you can't destroy them.

Neweast hack... stealth out for 1/2 second so people lose target lock...

I've seen this done in four matches now (twice in arena)... twice with a sniper (same guy, but two days apart)... one on a Jugg and one on a PT... no operatives on their teams so it wasn't group stealth.

They can also do this at will and lead with it in an attack or if they are getting focused. All of a sudden they disappear for 1/2 second like stealthing and then reappear and you've lost lock.

Come on Keith, this is getting stupid now. I know I've unsubbed and shouldn't care and you've probably stopped reading my posts... but you will never get me back if this isn't addressed ontop of all the other things.

Letting people cheat in pvp is going to destroy any work you do to get people to play it... fix it for the community and the health of the game

Edit : You need to send some moderators into the game because reporting them won't help as they are able to hide what they are doing from your system. Checking your data will reveal nothing, so it will be our word against theirs. The only way you will catch them is in the game.

Edited by Icykill_

Was in a Quesh Stunball today, and saw a Sage WALK, not run through the acid with the ball, and take only a trivial amount of damage. He did this on two separate occasions in the same match!

His team would pass him the ball whenever they'd get it.

This is ridiculous!

I grouped up later in the day with a friend who had been in the same match, but on a character I didn't recognize, so I didn't know he was in there. He started telling me about this Sage he saw moving through the acid with the ball...

Since they stated they are raising UC rewards for Ranked to add incentive maybe they might think about fixing all the bugs and hacking as well...

I won't step foot in any Ranked PvP for any game when I know there is rampant unchecked hacking going on regularly...

Without fixing the bugs and cheating increasing incentives is just a recipe for people to queue but not attempt to win...

I highly doubt that is the goal.

Edited by Soljin

Keith,

Since we're on the subject i was wondering.... Top 96. Does that only apply to the top 3 hackers per advanced class per servers? Or do some lesser hackers also get top rewards? Any way we can get rewards to actual players? I understand hackers pay sub fees and those are hard to come by these days. But at what point do you say enough is enough and take actual steps to correct this?

Keith,

Since we're on the subject i was wondering.... Top 96. Does that only apply to the top 3 hackers per advanced class per servers? Or do some lesser hackers also get top rewards? Any way we can get rewards to actual players? I understand hackers pay sub fees and those are hard to come by these days. But at what point do you say enough is enough and take actual steps to correct this?

I love the subtlety :D

Keith,

:D I support this post!

Edited by Soljin