Star Wars: The Old Republic Cantina Tour 2015 - New York, New York

TaitWatson

shall most likely get trollish / defensive replies from well known forum members once this post circulates. :cool:

Not from me, your concerns have merit.

You clicked too huh? Impressive doesn't even begin to express how amazing his work is...we need to find out what he does IRL, because he should absolutely be designing costumes for Hollywood...the stuff he's done is far and beyond any simply fan or cosplay stuff...it's stunning.

That Sith Acolyte Helmet :eek: Reading through how it was made... talented.

Edited by Transcendent

That Sith Acolyte Helmet :eek: Reading through how it was made... talented.

Also watch the video! He makes it sound so simple...3D printer, aluminum powder, air brushing and velcro...but his attention to detail is just amazing. I'm thoroughly impressed...like beyond words impressed. Imagine being the guy at Bioware who created that mask...to see someone bring it to life has got to be humbling.

HEY, no love for Orlando Florida??????

Yea for New York, but you all have NEVER come to florida.

Give it up already.....;)

I would have to say the same for Canada, no love for us!

Shame on you, especially since you developed some of SWTOR in your Canadian developing studios, Edmonton ring a bell???

i honestly cant wait for this cantina to end, that way the folks at bw can completely focus on their product.

ROFLMAO.... :rolleyes: Yes.. I'm sure they will start that after missing the boat for the last couple years.

How many months did it take to get info on KoTFE? Oh wait.. still waiting on more info for the product hitting live in 12 days.

Comments on the cantina:

The sound was awesome! It was the first cantina in a long time where I could hear everything. That was really nice. Also, the video screens were great.

There was not enough seating. This made it very hard to socialize. That was less nice.

Last year, we shared a table with total strangers and by the end of the evening had convinced them to switch to our server. This year, we stood around one little table and didn't get a chance to talk to any other players. We just listened and participated in the shouting. I did get to make some loud jokes that made people laugh, but there was no opportunity to actually meet other players.

The appetizers were tasty! The buffet.... would have been tasty if you didn't have serious food allergies >< That is my own problem, though. I was expecting more something like the last cantina. It was really nice to be in a restaurant where the servers knew the food, too. They were happy to answer all my annoying questions.

However, the layout of the rooms also made it hard to socialize. People were shuffling back and forth between the event and the dining area, and stood around in clusters without mingling because there was no good space for it. The bar blocked the view of the stage, so you could either stand at the bar and stare at the screens, or watch the stage in between eating and drinking.

The food options were actually really good, and so were all the drinks. The cookies, though... those were some really good cookies. Clearly, the Hard Rock Cafe is in league with the Dark Side. Those cookies.... :)

Drink tickets suddenly turning into an open bar? That was awesome!

Free gifts? Also awesome! (I didn't win anything though >.> )

The cosplay contest was also a great idea. I hope you give us more warning if you're going to do another one next year. In fact, I feel I should just start working on one now....

I live in Spain, so I never thought I could attend a Cantina Tour event, but it so happened that I was on holiday in New York last week. I wasn't sure what to expect - the free buffet and open bar were *great* surprises! The cosplay contest was also pretty cool - particularly the Arcann guy, his costume and make up rocked!

Also. Just as we arrived, the staff told us about a nice offer for subscribers - for the price of three months subscription I would get the three months plus some digital goodies and a T-shirt. I said yes, the staff girl guided me through the process of purchasing the special offer with my Amazon account. It turns out that the special offer could not be purchased with non-US accounts, so I could not buy it. But the staff girl decided to give me the T-shirt anyway, for free. I thought it was an incredibly nice gesture. :D All in all, I loved the experience!