Important and CONFUSING PVP Questions

keyboart

Hey hello. Recently I started playing SWTOR again and got a 60-day subscription (yay!) and I really love playing PVP.

But Its been really a long time since I last played and I have really forgotten the main points and strategy of PVP.

I was wondering if any player or dev can answer these questions.

#1 Is there a way to obtain PVP gear without using ANY WZ COMM??

( the one with SPECIAL UPGRADE, like for 2 armor out of the set you got the first 'upgrade', 4 armor out of the set you got the first+second upgrade and completing the set makes you have 3 'upgrades')

#2 I saw some players were wearing PVP GEAR with CARTEL MARKET icon/label, how could I obtain those armor?

( They are also the one with 'special upgrades'

#3 Where could I find relics which I could use in PVP matches APART FROM GTN??

#4 Is there a way to deal more damage? I am a marauder and I often deal like 4000 dmg using RAVAGE!?

#5 Does using PVP MEDPACS to heal OURSELVES gain MEDALS for HEALING? ( I think it USED TO, but I could anymore. Could anyone confirm that?)

Thank you for reading my question. Hope someone can answer these question and if you have a pvp question just comment this post and other players may help you too

Edited by keyboart

Hey hello. Recently I started playing SWTOR again and got a 60-day subscription (yay!) and I really love playing PVP.

But Its been really a long time since I last played and I have really forgotten the main points and strategy of PVP.

I was wondering if any player or dev can answer these questions.

#1 Is there a way to obtain PVP gear without using ANY WZ COMM??

( the one with SPECIAL UPGRADE, like for 2 armor out of the set you got the first 'upgrade', 4 armor out of the set you got the first+second upgrade and completing the set makes you have 3 'upgrades')

No, all PvP gear comes from WZ coms, with the exception of Expertise Crystals which can be crafted or bought offf the GTN.

#2 I saw some players were wearing PVP GEAR with CARTEL MARKET icon/label, how could I obtain those armor?

( They are also the one with 'special upgrades'

This is armor that they either got on the GTN or via opening packs fromt he Cartel Market. The mods in this gear were all pulled from gear from the PvP Warzones Comms vendor.

#3 Where could I find relics which I could use in PVP matches APART FROM GTN??

Warzone Comms Vendor

#4 Is there a way to deal more damage? I am a marauder and I often deal like 4000 dmg using RAVAGE!?

Get the best available set of PvP gear, fully augment it, and maybe research how to play Mara in PvP. (I don't, so can't help you there.) I believe the current wisdom is to go either all Might or all Power Augments, but I might be wrong on that. Again, someone who plays PvP Mara would know better.

#5 Does using PVP MEDPACS to heal OURSELVES gain MEDALS for HEALING? ( I think it USED TO, but I could anymore. Could anyone confirm that?)

I think so, but not 100% sure.

Edited by MaximusRex

No, all PvP gear comes from WZ coms, with the exception of Expertise Crystals which can be crafted or bought offf the GTN.

This is armor that they either got on the GTN or via opening packs fromt he Cartel Market. The mods in this gear were all pulled from gear from the PvP Warzones Comms vendor.

Warzone Comms Vendor

Get the best available set of PvP gear, fully augment it, and maybe research how to play Mara in PvP. (I don't, so can't help you there.) I believe the current wisdom is to go either all Might or all Power Augments, but I might be wrong on that. Again, someone who plays PvP Mara would know better.

I think so, but not 100% sure.

Great answers!