Emperor really dead? (Spoilers)

sumoftwosins

This might be a bit biased since I am a warrior and I really dig the Wrath thing, but I also have a knight..... so I know how the story works. Regardless, my whole perspective is based on the idea that the Jedi Knight's story is slightly ahead of the Warrior's. If you level both classes at the same time, the story works out really will. I won't point out everything.... just the main points.

Knight - The original Wrath levels the Emperor's service and helps you escape. He then joins you.

Warrior - At around the same time, you are appointed as the new Wrath.

Knight - You attack DK and kill the Emperor

Warrior - The Emperor's Hand informs you that they have located a suitable host for the Emperor, but it will take time for the ritual (which might just be in response to the Emperor's Voice on Voss you "free").

I know it was easy for the story just to say he's out, but if it is the case it really diminishes the presence of the "Wrath". It would be the same situation for the Inquisitor if the Council disbanded. I will add that I really loved the plot crossovers between the Knight and Warrior, but it always seemed like the Knight's story was taking place before the Warrior's.

but it always seemed like the Knight's story was taking place before the Warrior's.

The Hand writes the Warrior a mail saying that the Emperor is not truly dead, and I'm sticking to that untill someone proves it wrong.

But do tell, at which point does it EVER seem like the Knight story takes place beforehand? Is it at the point on Voss where the Emperor is trapped by Sel-Makor which is killed in the Jedi Knight story of the planet? Is it at the point that you face Darth Baras and there are members of the Dark Council watching that would be dead at this point if the Knight's story had already taken him to Corellia? Please, enlighten me.

:p

Not meant to be rude, but I never had that impression and I can't see how you got there. I always pictured the Warrior as the first story.

Edited by Darkelefantos

Not meant to be rude, but I never had that impression and I can't see how you got there. I always pictured the Warrior as the first story.

Its mainly on the basis that you wouldn't become the new wrath if the old one was around. Jedi takes old wrath, you become new.

Its mainly on the basis that you wouldn't become the new wrath if the old one was around. Jedi takes old wrath, you become new.

You're right, but that's the only point in time. Unless the Emperor already planned to get rid of Scourge beforehand. Who knows, right?

But all that happens between Chapters 2 and 3, where time just goes by and we never know what really happened during that time. The Warrior definitely catches up later and is 100% first on Voss and should also be done a bit earlier than the Knight.

The short answer is nobody really knows.

One way or another, the Emperor is out of commission for the foreseeable future though. At least until the Wrath of the Sith Emperor expansion. :p

Yeah, there are two competing theories (well theorems actually since we can't experiment and have no evidence).

first the emperor is dead or dying, the combination of the events in both the warrior and knight stories was too much, and his essence will fade away.

Second the emperor is fine, and it's just taking longer for him to recover than expected, possibly because of some master plan, possibly not.

Either way we don't actually know, even the messages in the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion could be misinformation.

regardless of which one it is it diminishes the other...

if the Emperor is dead..then the Sith Warrior being the new Wrath is meaningless

if the Emporer is alive...then everything about the Jedi Knight story is almost pointless. Since while you slowed him down...you didn't stop him...and he WILL return..and he WILL try again..and who's to say when he does there's another Jedi around able to resist him like you could? Plus it renders Scourges vision and betrayal of Revan to also be pointless.

So again either way one of the two class stories is rendered pointless...and if you ask me the Knights is the one that suffers the most. The ENTIRE point of that quest was you taking down the emperor (which if he's alive you didn't really do, you just delayed him..meaningless)....whereas as the Wrath the Sith Warrio just loses a title...the point of the class quest there was your revenge on Baras, it just coincided with the Emporer because Baras was trying to usurp power......So, again, the Knight's story is rendered even worse off.

One of the two classes get's screwed over...BioWare should have never had the Warrior become the Wrath or chilled out on the cliche Emporer wants to destroy everything crap so the Knights story could have been focused elsewhere (like the Consulars proved could have been done)

Hrm. My theory is:

-Scourge has just begun to scheme when Baras starts his "Plan Zero" and betrayal.

-When the Hand finds you and makes you Wrath, the whole bit with the Emperor's Children is going on.

-The intervening time between the betrayal and killing the Voss Voice is happening right before Barsen'thor is preparing to go after the Council members.

-Seeing as there's only six of the Council members there at the Baras duel, I'd say that the Barsen'thor has already offed one or two.

-So, Wrath would actually be going to Ilum before Barsen'thor, while he's killing embers of the Sith Council.

Edited by Xakthul

Hrm. My theory is:

-Scourge has just begun to scheme when Baras starts his "Plan Zero" and betrayal.

-When the Hand finds you and makes you Wrath, the whole bit with the Emperor's Children is going on.

-The intervening time between the betrayal and killing the Voss Voice is happening right before Barsen'thor is preparing to go after the Council members.

-Seeing as there's only six of the Council members there at the Baras duel, I'd say that the Barsen'thor has already offed one or two.

-So, Wrath would actually be going to Ilum before Barsen'thor, while he's killing embers of the Sith Council.

In bold. What your describing is a planet questline....any class can do those, it just isnt the JC. And ALL the council members that are kill able on Corellia are present during the Wrath Vs Baras.

In bold. What your describing is a planet questline....any class can do those, it just isnt the JC. And ALL the council members that are kill able on Corellia are present during the Wrath Vs Baras.

I still find it baffling that some people are totally incapable of distinguishing class storylines from planet questlines. The quest log does a terrific job of setting them apart, yet I guess that is STILL not enough.