Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

alaurin
08.17.2014 , 10:57 AM | #5171
I'm a little behind on my reading, but I'll work on catching up this afternoon and as soon as I do, I'll update the Index and comment.

However, I finally have the next part of my guys' intrigue finished, so here it is. It is a long one though (~5400 words), which is why I've gotten so behind with my reading......that and the in game events these past couple of weeks. Also, in case anyone's confused, here's the list of this storyline:

Title: A Race Against the Chrono
Prompt: Disguises, Out of Time, Allies
Character: Jaxzin Roark-Smuggler, Syarra Roark-JK, Natalia Bryce (aka Naula), Risha, Corso Riggs
Setting: Nar Shaddaa, roughly a week after Fashionably Late
Spoilers: Smuggler Belsavis, reference to the BH Act 2 finale, a vague reference to the JK storyline, but nothing really spoilerish.

Spoiler

Author’s Note:
Spoiler

elliotcat
08.17.2014 , 04:07 PM | #5172
This is just kind of an intro to a new character I started. I kept telling myself I wouldn't start a trooper because it was too expected, buuuut...I got inspired and wrote about one. I think she will be pretty interesting to play, especially with how I've set things up with her and Jorgan.

Spoiler

Author's Note
Spoiler

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

alaurin
08.18.2014 , 10:22 AM | #5173
Index is up to date! And as promised....

Commentary/Replies: (sorry, they're a bit out of order, but I just jotted down comments as I was reading yesterday.....and boy does my handwriting suck! )
Spoiler

Hopefully I didn't miss anyone and if I did, I'm so sorry and it wasn't on purpose. I just got really behind and have a lot going on with my kids getting ready to start school this week.

Jokad
08.18.2014 , 12:48 PM | #5174
Comments:
Spoiler

Prompt: A Matter of Public Record
Length: short, ~300 words
Character: Neyla (BH)
Timeframe: after Hutta
Spoilers: BH prologue; SI finale name/rank
Spoiler
Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses.

DomiSotto
08.20.2014 , 06:16 PM | #5175
@Alaurin

Spoiler

@Mirdthestrill

Spoiler

@Jokad
Spoiler

Striges
Today , 06:37 AM | #5176
Friday again, time for a new prompt.

Week of August 22, 2014
Coming Home: With the advent of strongholds, what or where does your character consider home? Do they have an apartment on Coruscant, a stronghold in the wilds of Dromund Kaas, a sky palace on Nar Shaddaa? Is their ship their home, wherever it travels? Maybe home is more about the beings they’re with--their squad, their crew, their companions. We had a prompt for “Stomping Grounds,” which was more nostalgia, a childhood or imagined home. This is more at the present. At the end of the day, where does your character come home?

And, as ever,

Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...=7489974post=2 and http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...=7489991post=3 (yes, we’re up to two full posts!). Many thanks to Alaurin for maintaining these lists.

This week's featured NotLP:
Climate - Our characters visit a dazzling array of planets, moons, and extremely large ships with a wide variety of climates and weather conditions. Write about a time when your character had reason to notice.

Jokad
Today , 08:11 AM | #5177
Reply:
Spoiler

Prompt: Best Day Ever
Character: Zeirko (SW)
Timeframe: a few weeks after Bad Memories
Spoilers: companion spoilers for LS Jaesa Willsaam
Spoiler
Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses.