Visiting the other faction's capital: an idea

Darth_Taral

So I was thinking that it would be cool if they allowed players to visit the capital worlds and starter worlds of the other faction. I would love for my Sith to visit Coruscant, Tython, and Ord Mantell, but alas that is presently not allowed.

And I understand, to a certain extent. You don't want Jedi who just got their ships to camp on Korriban, Hutta, or Kaas and kill all the starter characters.

But maybe there are some work-arounds that the developers could institute.

Here's how I think it could work, while staying in character, and preventing abuse.

1- Players wanting to go deep in the other faction's territory must visit a neutral planet, like Tatooine. There, you might find a smuggler shuttle or some other underworld vessel who would act as a vendor. You pay the vendor a rather large sum to bring you to the capital or origin world of your choice.

2- Once on that planet, you remain stealthed. A disguise mechanism of sorts means that your identity remains hidden. You can walk about the planet freely, and you can fight NPCs, but other players do not see you as being from the other side.

3- You have the option to engage in PVP, but there should be consequences. One idea is that, after a few kills, you get swarmed by L50 NPCs and then respawn on your side's fleet. Another possible choice is that your stats are tuned downward so that your strength represents that of a person mid-way through that planet (L5 for starter worlds, L13 for capitals, maybe). So that if you do try attacking the noobs, then you must face them at their level. In that case, it might also be interesting to auto-flag your character for PVP, even on PVE servers, so that there is some level of danger on the planet.

Implementing these ideas might allow players to fully map out their enemy's origin and capital worlds, get all the datacrons and all the lore objects, and otherwise complete the game more fully, while also making it expensive and dangerous to do so.

I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

I think it's very unlikely BW will allow this - the game is very noob-friendly and PvE oriented. They want players to be able to play the game solo from start to finish without ever being molested by the opposing faction. They even balanced the game carefully so groups are unnecessary for storyline progress.

Given that, do you think they're going to let Imps smuggle themselves onto Coruscant or Jedi onto Dromund Kaas with PvP against noobs trying to level?

Even if more cross-faction territory would be good for the game, I can't see anything but mischief resulting from enemy players being allowed to waltz into each others' starter planets looking to cause trouble. It's not even realistic to think there'd be Sith or Jedi or whatever openly challenging people in the heart of enemy territory.

Edited by jgelling

Whilst I love the idea dude I'm not sure starters being able to visit the other planet would work, however I think a great option would be one day down the line have a siege of Dromund Kaas/Coruscant storyline where you get to join in an assault. Also in storyline atm it wouldn't work as according to numerous NPC's in game the Republic have no idea where Dromund Kaas is but yeah I'd love to take my Sith to Coruscant and bring the pain to those democracy loving deluded fools.

This idea doesn't really add anything to the game other than the ability to try and grief lowbies of the other faction. Not allowing that was a deliberate design decision by the devs, so I don't see them reversing their position.

Also shouldn't this be in the Suggestion Box forum rather than Story and Lore?

It might do if you started as a jedi but you became corrupted along the way :p

I was talking about the OP's post not what you posted.

As for your post, the devs have outright stated that there isn't going to be faction swapping. So....yeah not going to happen.

Capital ? Maybe, very maybe... very very maybe. But visiting starting areas? O.O I think not. Imagine this.. if you will.

Your new to the game, your getting use to layout etc. You the building you come in BOOM YOUR DEAD !

Again... BOOM YOUR DEAD. You *** as you do, then realise there's a Sith Assasin stealthed.

hmmm....

That would be fun. Maybe you would be able to switch sides if you have an opposing alignment. As light sided siths are simply jedis and vice versa... :) Dont see it happening though...

What the? Where in the world did you get the notion that LS Sith are basically Jedi and DS Jedi are Sith?

Sith and Jedi are ideologies and philosophies, you need years of training,practice and study to be one. LS Sith in the game are more about honor and strengthening the Empire from within and are still far from being Jedi and still conduct themselves as Sith would.

Lord Praven is a LS Sith,

can be redeemed and sent to the Republic, but he still activates the Shock Drum(which is a world killer) and would have killed billions, all because his Master ordered him to do it. He didn't agree with his Master because he felt it lacked honor and he regretted doing it, but as a Sith, he did as ordered to do. Those are not the actions of the Jedi.

DS Jedi are nothing more than Dark or Fallen Jedi, LS Sith are in no ways Jedi but can be "redeemed" to the Light if the Jedi council wishes it.

As for the OP's idea, it could work if you restricted people to a specially created area on the Capital planets or they were phased. BW learned their lesson about higher levels visiting the other faction's capital worlds in beta when a bug allowed us to visit Coruscant/DK. Epic amounts of lowbie killing for the day it lasted.

Edited by Temeluchus

they dont have to be restricted why not just have it where the new player has to be challenged to a duel rather than being attacked by the higher lvl. then lower player on the starter planet has to accept the challenge to fight. offer them some kind of protection where they cannot be attacked with out permission. also the higher lvl player does not get any rewards for attacking the lower lvl player on the starter planet

I would rather see a special area on Coruscant/Dromund Kaas that is open to both factions as a part of the storyline. The war has broken out, and I bet there are going to be infiltrators into the capitol worlds somewhere down the line. Similar to during the Clone Wars, seperatists often did sabotage on Coruscant.