Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Will you buy future expansions or wait for them to become free?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will you buy future expansions or wait for them to become free?

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
09.13.2013 , 08:43 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Grand_Nagus View Post
Out of everything you say, this is actually true. You can in fact dismiss what other people say; it just doesnt mean anything. Your approval or dismissal is completely irrelevant to what other people say
And what is relevant?

Why does this sound like an argument over the price of air?

Thorkir's Avatar


Thorkir
09.13.2013 , 08:48 PM | #42
I consider it an investment against future content, so I will be buying them as long as I stay around.

Now, I'm fully aware that Bioware can shut the game down without any warning (as is their legal right), but I prefer to think happy thoughts.

"All will be well."
"All will be well."

mmjarec's Avatar


mmjarec
09.13.2013 , 08:52 PM | #43
I dont see why u would pay for something you could get for free? So ur epeen enrage timer goes off? The faster you finish it the quicker you will have nothing to do again

The_Grand_Nagus's Avatar


The_Grand_Nagus
09.13.2013 , 08:53 PM | #44
I will also be buying future expansions as they are released. There are 2 main reasons: the first is that I do not want to wait to be able to play them. The second is like Thorkir said, I like to contribute to the game I'm playing to fuel the development of more content.
ALL YOUR LATINUM ARE BELONG TO ME

Rafaman's Avatar


Rafaman
09.13.2013 , 09:01 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by mmjarec View Post
I dont see why u would pay for something you could get for free? So ur epeen enrage timer goes off? The faster you finish it the quicker you will have nothing to do again
Hmm and if the xpacs re-balance and make Shadows/Assassins viable dps? Would you still wait?

Sorry man, I couldn't resist. But basically it depends on the content. Paying for early access is paying for early fun. I'll take early fun any day.

TheLexinator's Avatar


TheLexinator
09.13.2013 , 09:02 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by HoloTweed View Post

People aren't going to wait. This is the internet culture, where everything is available NOW.
I disagree. I, for one will be waiting. It's not like there is a lack of fun F2P MMO's out there.

There are actually plenty of other great F2P offerings like LotRO and STO, as well as DCUO; and epic B2P games like GW2 and TSW.

I will simply be treating this game as pure F2P/temporary re-sub from now on, since those are the people that TOR seems to be catering to.

Why pay for something than I can get free if I re-sub once every 5-6 months? This also means that I actually have content to play through/enjoy, instead of re-doing the same raids/PvP at the level cap!

Hopefully I am not the only one doing this.

We will see how things go when in a month or two they have more paid DLC. Something tells me there will be a LOT of pre-order goodies

The_Grand_Nagus's Avatar


The_Grand_Nagus
09.13.2013 , 09:05 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLexinator View Post
I disagree. I, for one will be waiting. It's not like there is a lack of great F2P MMO's out there.
This is an excellent point. I am currently playing 4 different MMOs, and this is the only one I am actually subscribed to. I still plan on buying the xpacs as they are released as I said in my previous post, but your post explains very well why many will not.
ALL YOUR LATINUM ARE BELONG TO ME

TheLexinator's Avatar


TheLexinator
09.13.2013 , 10:17 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Grand_Nagus View Post
This is an excellent point. I am currently playing 4 different MMOs, and this is the only one I am actually subscribed to. I still plan on buying the xpacs as they are released as I said in my previous post, but your post explains very well why many will not.
Oh wow. An actually decent poster and not a troll/hater/fanboy... Weird. I honestly did not expect this from the TOR community.

I thought the forumers would either rage at me and tell me to go play LoTRO (which I often sub to because of their excellent F2P), or haters telling me how I'm being too lenient on TOR by not flat out leaving.

I R suprised by your post, and that does not happen often

I presented an argument and got both a counter argument, and validation. This has to be a first among this wretched hive of scum and villainy.

You also get a point for naming yourself after the Grand Poobah of the Ferengi Alliance (and one of my favorite characters - Zek). Gutsy on a Star Wars forum

Drudenfusz's Avatar


Drudenfusz
09.13.2013 , 10:35 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
So, lets say the SSSP is finally released and.... you are going to sit on the sidelines waiting for it to go free for subs? Heh. I'm not going to call you liars, but I don't' believe you. Not for a second.
If BioWare charges just for the space game as an expension I wouldn't mind waiting, I don't play SWTOR to have a flight simulation but to have an RPG.

Overall, I didn't have made my mind up how I will deal with the next expansion. I am not happy with how BioWare is treating the subscribers currently. Makeb was a disappointment, that 8v8 warzones get removed is also a blow, the insane pricing for dyes in the cartel market also doesn't help, the cummunity management on the forums is terrible and so on.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

TheLexinator's Avatar


TheLexinator
09.13.2013 , 10:40 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
If BioWare charges just for the space game as an expension I wouldn't mind waiting, I don't play SWTOR to have a flight simulation but to have an RPG.
I would actually pay if it was a real flight simulation (like Freelancer or the old X-Wing games), but what we get is a watered down version of Star Fox. SOE's SWG had great twitch based space combat, and I really wish we had something close to that here.

Unless they completely re-balance and recreate space combat, I see no reason to ever purchase any space based expansions.