Bounty Hunter and Trooper Class Changes in 6.1.1 - Feedback

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

In addition to The Nature of Progress Operation getting Master Mode and the new Set Bonuses, Game Update 6.1.1 will see some Class changes. Our main focus with these Class changes across the board are to adjust how healing works. A majority of these changes are focused on other Classes, but there are a few general changes happening for Bounty Hunters and Troopers. Below you will find a list of these changes that can be found on the most recent PTS build.

Powertech / Vanguard

• The Veteran Ranger set bonus has changed:
    • 4 piece: Dealing damage with Shoulder Cannon grants Salvo, increasing Shoulder Cannon damage by 3% for 5 seconds. This effect can stack up to 5 times. In addition, while Shoulder Cannon loads missiles, you vent 2 heat per second.

Mercenary / Commando

Arsenal / Gunnery

• Power Launcher / Charged Launcher now increases the damage of Rail Shot / High Impact Bolt, Tracer Missile / Grav Round, Heatseeker Missiles / Demolition Round and Electro Net by 10% (up from 5%)

Let us know what your thoughts! Please tell us if you think certain changes make a class overpowered or underpowered. Currently these are all of the planned changes for Bounty Hunters and Troopers. If any more changes are made, I will be sure to update this thread accordingly!

Edited by DanielSteed

Hello everyone!

In addition to The Nature of Progress Operation getting Master Mode and the new Set Bonuses, Game Update 6.1.1 will see some Class changes. Primarily our focus is towards adjusting how healing works. Below you will find a list of changes that can be found on the most recent PTS build for Bounty Hunters and Troopers.

Powertech / Vanguard

• 4 piece: Dealing damage with Shoulder Cannon grants Salvo, increasing Shoulder Cannon damage by 3% for 5 seconds. This effect can stack up to 5 times. In addition, while Shoulder Cannon loads missiles, you vent 2 heat per second.

Mercenary / Commando

Arsenal / Gunnery

• Power Launcher / Charged Launcher now increases the damage of Rail Shot / High Impact Bolt, Tracer Missile / Grav Round, Heatseeker Missiles / Demolition Round and Electro Net by 10% (up from 5%)

Let us know what your thoughts! Please tell us if you think certain changes make a class overpowered or underpowered. Currently these are all of the planned changes for Bounty Hunters and Troopers. If any more changes are made, I will be sure to update this thread accordingly!

What are the healing changes? These look like damage changes.

• Dev Post
What are the healing changes? These look like damage changes.

I'm sorry for the confusing wording on my end, I have updated the original post. Our main focus with these Class changes across the board are to adjust how healing works. A majority of these changes are focused on other Classes, but there are a few general changes happening for Bounty Hunters and Troopers.

I'm sorry for the confusing wording on my end, I have updated the original post. Our main focus with these Class changes across the board are to adjust how healing works. A majority of these changes are focused on other Classes, but there are a few general changes happening for Bounty Hunters and Troopers.

But there are no changes that affect healing, just a 4pc for PT and an update to one arsenal skill.

Hello everyone!

In addition to The Nature of Progress Operation getting Master Mode and the new Set Bonuses, Game Update 6.1.1 will see some Class changes. Our main focus with these Class changes across the board are to adjust how healing works. A majority of these changes are focused on other Classes, but there are a few general changes happening for Bounty Hunters and Troopers. Below you will find a list of these changes that can be found on the most recent PTS build.

Powertech / Vanguard

Mercenary / Commando

Arsenal / Gunnery

This is the lackluster change we are supposed to give feedback on? Lol, mercs haven't had a new ability since calendar year 2016. Make an actual change so we can "react" to it.

Hello everyone!

Powertech / Vanguard

Mercenary / Commando

Arsenal / Gunnery

AP pt damage is too huge. Just look at it - https://imgur.com/a/bFjKHZ5 literally one pt can destroy someone in half second. They do same overall dps as dot classes while being able to burst targets with 60k+ hits. Ap pt sustain damage isn't supposed to be that big but now they do same dps as dot pt or dot sorc + big burst hits.

Any chance we can get more sources to get Ranger's set? I only have two pieces and I would rather like to try it.

Instead of giving extra shoulder cannon damage, could we get a flat damage bonus like Meteor Brawler has to make it 100% just as competitive? Brawler already has a nice explosion for free AoE damage, but it ALSO has great heat management AND a flat damage boost. It's really hard to make other sets competitive when you add flat damage boosts and don't do it for the other sets!

Hello everyone!

Powertech / Vanguard

Mercenary / Commando

Arsenal / Gunnery

These are my opinions, they may not be great but they are mine:

A 5% increase in damage is going to do next to nothing for arsenal, DPS wise it is at the bottom of the list and does the least damage in long fights. Our main problem in PVP was our survivability was too good but you nerfed our damage instead.

I would recommend returning barrage's damage proc of 10% before it was removed back in 5.0, that would make our dps a little better but no OP.

As for set bonuses and tacticals, concentrated fire is the only good merc dps set there is. Apex predator is worthless since it only give the the damage increase and free tracer/PS/RapidScan at 5 stacks and consumes it. It should stay at 5 stacks and refresh with each use since we are comparing concentrated fire which gives a permanent+10% crit chance and 100% rail shot crit all the time.

Primed ignition Tactical is fine as it is damage wise but could have a 2 second increased duration so that it can be refreshed more effectively. Also detailing how much damage it does on the tooltip would be nice.

Burning bright needs more damage as it cannot keep up with primed ignition.

Thermonuclear fusion is a decent AOE tactical but perhaps it should spread the armor debuff to. One other thing to note is that spreading the heat signature with fusion missile does not work until the missile makes contact with the target. If we take sorcs for example, death field spreads their affliction instantly where fusion missile relies on contacting the target, so if the target dies while the missile is traveling towards it, the spread will not occur. This also applies to heatseekers additional missiles.

In what way was that supposed to be an answer to the question that was asked?

- Please fix Oil fire tactical to give DR as per tooltip instead of armor rating that we dont need. Can it also be simplified, to give DR on Firestorm or on Oilslick? It is really unwieldy to prime adds with oilslick and then hit them with firestorm

- Make Superheated fuel work similar to both vgs and pts alike

- the vet ranger setbonus is fun in theory, only in tactics using ionwave just tanks your energy management considerably, as it isnt part of the standard rotation. Would be interesting to see if the change to the 4set will help with that issue.

Apex predator is worthless since it only give the the damage increase and free tracer/PS/RapidScan at 5 stacks and consumes it..

Apex Predator needs to be buffed for sure. Also it is not criting correctly on the PTS, the stacks aren't adding +10% crit to Rapid Scan. Appears only then first and fifth stack is working correctly.

In what way was that supposed to be an answer to the question that was asked?

As a sorc healer I read it "Merc healers don't need any changes, they perform exactly as we want them to, please buy a new character slot and reroll to merc" :cool:

More seriously, it seems that either the changes to merc healing are either missing on PTS (as in they were not added in yet) or there will really be no changes, in which case I am... rather surprised, given how much they changed for a sorc and even with the changes the numbers/resource management are nowhere near merc. But whatever, if merc healer should be a new FOTY so be it... as long as any other combination of healers is viable for all nim content.

As a sorc healer I read it "Merc healers don't need any changes, they perform exactly as we want them to, please buy a new character slot and reroll to merc" :cool:

More seriously, it seems that either the changes to merc healing are either missing on PTS (as in they were not added in yet) or there will really be no changes, in which case I am... rather surprised, given how much they changed for a sorc and even with the changes the numbers/resource management are nowhere near merc. But whatever, if merc healer should be a new FOTY so be it... as long as any other combination of healers is viable for all nim content.

From the second dev post, it seems to me that they're not changing the way mercs heal but adjusting the healing numbers...

- Please fix Oil fire tactical to give DR as per tooltip instead of armor rating that we dont need. Can it also be simplified, to give DR on Firestorm or on Oilslick? It is really unwieldy to prime adds with oilslick and then hit them with firestorm

- Make Superheated fuel work similar to both vgs and pts alike

- the vet ranger setbonus is fun in theory, only in tactics using ionwave just tanks your energy management considerably, as it isnt part of the standard rotation. Would be interesting to see if the change to the 4set will help with that issue.

This. So much this! Can you please fix our tactical or give us a new one that actually works ?

I`m so eager to get Veteran Ranger now. I think this set will provide great burst increase in PvP, but still got only 1 part. Arsenal buff is nice, but small. I think I`ll run Concentrated Fire set on my merc even if Apex Predator gets buffed, because this set allows me to run high alac build (2374 alac on arsenal) efficiently on this spec, with high hits on PvP

I also agree that Burning Bright could use some buff. Having rarely 70k priming on PvP is nice, but its still random. I`d like it to give 100% crit chance on priming shot as well, and maybe some other buff to keep up with Priming Ignition. Where it comes to merc heal, its so sad that it gets no changes

Hello everyone!

Powertech / Vanguard

Mercenary / Commando

Arsenal / Gunnery

anyone can explain to me what is power launcher/charged launcher abilities ?

Where do you get your info from? As seen on http://parsely.io/parser/stats several specs outdps AP

puppet parses are useless for pt because of power yield. Check this site http://ixparse.com/rating/?boss=&mode=HM&size=8M&type=DPS&class=&order=rating&dir=d if you want to see how which class performs. parsely is only manual uploads or at least check the operation part of parsely and not the dummy there u will see how strong pt is.

Edited by JulWolle