Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Mercenary Overrolled?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Is Mercenary Overrolled?

Rhinzual
01.23.2012 , 11:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterBlasterO View Post
Mercs can't be tanks silly
Yup, no shield means dying that much faster.

metalfenix
01.24.2012 , 06:21 AM | #22
In my servers, at least I see more mercs than PT, but that's being said, I've also seen very few healers compared to dps.

It's funny though, yesterday, by all randomness of randomness, I ended doing an heroic + 4 on alderaan, with a group consisting on me (Merc healer), another Merc DPS, and a PT tank (with mako as final companion because we couldn't find anyone else to do the heroic) and we did pretty well, That PT was a very capable tank, I could heal the entire heroic without incidents, and I realized that the BH is a Bada** class
Koltowolf'Raf Commando Healer / Raf'HiredHealer Mercenary Healer
Rafa-el Scoundrel Healer
Server: The Harbinger

Relair
01.24.2012 , 08:02 AM | #23
There is an absolute sh*t ton of mercs on my server, any time i check the /who for a given planet they are 2:1 or better higher than ANY other class, let alone PT. Its the damn 1 blaster thing I think, the npcs basically laugh in your face if you roll PT. They should get a blaster rifle, shotgun, something. To be some hulking armored tank with 1 tiny blaster just puts people off. Which is a damn shame because PT has all the other BH goodies people want, grappling cable, jet charge, freezing people in carbonite, etc.

Almanzo
01.24.2012 , 08:17 AM | #24
It's logical. Everyone got to try the different classes up to now and now everyone realizes that BHs is the best and most versatile class in the game. Trooper, being it's mirror is ofc the same gameplaywise but not everyone is into that soldier.thing, wheras everybody can relate to a bad *** Bounty Hunter.

Jaysun
01.24.2012 , 08:24 AM | #25
what bothers me is with the 22332 Mercs.. very few want to actually heal..

I was in a WZ with 5 Mercs.. I'm thinking.. 'ok wow we got nice heals/DPS we got this!"

DEERRP! nope..
Jaysun - Guardian
MEK

Xukon - Powertech

Teraparsec
01.24.2012 , 08:59 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Relair View Post
Its the damn 1 blaster thing I think, the npcs basically laugh in your face if you roll PT. They should get a blaster rifle, shotgun, something. To be some hulking armored tank with 1 tiny blaster just puts people off. Which is a damn shame because PT has all the other BH goodies people want, grappling cable, jet charge, freezing people in carbonite, etc.
In fact, I love to run with that single blaster. Lack of weaponry? Come on, my entire armor is weaponized. If any NPC wants to complain on my 'light' weaponry, I'll gladly punch him through the nearest wall.
Aaaaanyway, on my server, Mercs largely outnumber PT's, although I somehow tend to run into other PTs while doing group quests. And yes, the server is crawling with sorcerers.
Yeah, I can get it for you, and if you want me to break a few fingers, I'll throw that in for free.

Sabbathius
01.24.2012 , 09:42 AM | #27
OP,

Yes, absolutely. Currently Mercs are as overplayed as Sorcerers were at launch. My guess is, everyone who made a Sorc also made a Merc alt.

Also many people expect a nerf to Arsenal's damage. Currently it's far too much. I doubt there's a class out there that can out-DPS a Merc at level 20.

Frostbird
01.24.2012 , 08:00 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Sabbathius View Post
OP,

Yes, absolutely. Currently Mercs are as overplayed as Sorcerers were at launch. My guess is, everyone who made a Sorc also made a Merc alt.

Also many people expect a nerf to Arsenal's damage. Currently it's far too much. I doubt there's a class out there that can out-DPS a Merc at level 20.
Level 20 matters?

But yeah, all I see while leveling is Mercs and Sorcs, with the occasional Operative.
In fact, your life does flash in front of your eyes before death.
The process is known as "living".