Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Khem Val gets in the way.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Khem Val gets in the way.

juliandracos
01.12.2012 , 11:32 AM | #21
I don't have the problem with other crew, just Khem. Zooming out helps, but so what? Why should I be forced to play fully zoomed out? Moreover, how about looting after battle? Sometimes it seems he purposefully moves into the way whether it is a quest object or loot. There is not escaping him.

He needs to be moved further back, more to the side, and have his targeting box made shorter.

In fact, just give me and option to turn off targeting him while not in combat or a rest zone. I really have no reason to listen to his one line phrases.

Skuldar
01.12.2012 , 11:41 AM | #22
The funny part is, he's always right up your back except when you step on an elevator, like he has some phobia about them or something.

Xhieron
01.12.2012 , 12:02 PM | #23
Reducing his hit box would be a start, but I think a simpler and more elegant solution would be to give us the option--available through the Preferences interface and the drop-down on the companion UI--to click through companions the same as we click through our own avatars. Unless you're a healer, how often do you want to actually click your companion? And even if you're healing the big guy, I would imagine double-tapping F1 would be quicker anyway, and never mind the fact that you could just leave it toggled off if you had to target him on a regular basis. Need to advance the KV quests? Ship/Cantina>Toggle Companion Click On>Quest>Toggle Companion Click Off.

VorlonEmpire
01.12.2012 , 12:42 PM | #24
I thought about starting a thread complaining about him also but then I made a War and found how annoying Vette can be by hanging waaaaay back and decided I better not complain or he might become annoying with his lagging behind like her.

And yes I too noticed his elevator phobia, he sometimes seems afraid to get on then afraid to step off.

Hyfy
01.12.2012 , 01:04 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by VorlonEmpire View Post
I thought about starting a thread complaining about him also but then I made a War and found how annoying Vette can be by hanging waaaaay back and decided I better not complain or he might become annoying with his lagging behind like her.

And yes I too noticed his elevator phobia, he sometimes seems afraid to get on then afraid to step off.
I had the same problem with Aric too. The goofy son of gun will sit so far back that half the time he won't even engage in combat.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid

lynspottery
01.12.2012 , 01:50 PM | #26
I really appreciate having Khem Val as he is my tank to my healing/dps character sorcerer. However, even though BW has fixed some of his pathing issues that many of us in Beta constantly complained about, they have not fixed it enough.

I am now level 28 and was running around Nar Shaddaa yesterday with a friend. It did not seem to matter what we did, Khem constantly was getting in the way of clicking on...
1. loot
2. an NPC for a quest pickup/turn in
3. quest items to activate them
...not to mention he was constantly weaving in front of me across my line of sight which was annoying because it caused no end of problems with my targeting mobs.

I do not know what type of programming has gone into his pathing, but it is not working very well and needs to be adjusted badly.

Hope BW fixes this as I really like using Khem and find myself putting him on passive way too often while I quest these days; and that can be a problem if I need him to protect me from those sneaky npcs that tend to surprise you as you run around corners or out of doorways, etc.
lynspottery Member of Old Timers Guild
Laid Back, Not Too Serious, No Drama......All About The Fun

riesdefries
01.19.2012 , 06:02 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
zoom your camera out further and its not an issue.
Not true, zoomed out max and still got issues

archifikoss
01.19.2012 , 06:07 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Udolpho View Post
Bad Khem! Down! No. Not allowed on the tables. --I'm sorry sir, I'm still house training him, he lived in a cave for most of his life, he doesn't know any better.
Lol! This is so much like what my Sorceress would say

Yeah he gets annoying at times, but it's all part of his charm, he may act all tough but he's all soft and marshmallowy inside!

Or not. Ahem.

To paraphrase Leia: "Someone get this big walking closet out of my way!"

Hyfy
01.19.2012 , 06:10 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by archifikoss View Post
Lol! This is so much like what my Sorceress would say

Yeah he gets annoying at times, but it's all part of his charm, he may act all tough but he's all soft and marshmallowy inside!

Or not. Ahem.

To paraphrase Leia: "Someone get this big walking closet out of my way!"
That would be carpet not closet.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid

Cernow
01.19.2012 , 06:54 AM | #30
Totally agree with this. I've stopped using Khem for this reason. My Sorceror is 33 and I run with Andronikos even when I'd be better off using a tank. Id rather chain heal Andronkos than put up with Khem.

I zoom my camera out a long way much of the time but it doesn't really help, Khem has a real knack for getting his ample backside in the way of pretty much everything, from bioanalyis nodes, to quest npcs and vendors, elevator switches, quest items, you name it.

This problem is largely true of all companions, they all follow the player far too closely and need to be made to stand a little further apart when you come to a stop. But it is most noticeable on the large companions like Khem.

Whilst this seems a minor issue on the surface, the fact that you have to work around it (by swivelling or zooming the camera) every single time you need to interact with something means it ends up being a very irritating minor issue.