Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Khem Val gets in the way.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Khem Val gets in the way.

Chriwol
01.19.2012 , 08:09 AM | #31
this has got to be the worst nitpicking ive ever heard haha, never had this so-called problem and the only cause i can think off must be that you are playing on tiny laptop screens @ low resolution or something... this is certainly not a problem on 22'' monitors @ 1080p, atleast not for me.

archifikoss
01.19.2012 , 08:12 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
That would be carpet not closet.
Which is why I wrote "to paraphrase Leia" and not "to quote"

Hyfy
01.19.2012 , 08:12 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Cernow View Post
Totally agree with this. I've stopped using Khem for this reason. My Sorceror is 33 and I run with Andronikos even when I'd be better off using a tank. Id rather chain heal Andronkos than put up with Khem.

I zoom my camera out a long way much of the time but it doesn't really help, Khem has a real knack for getting his ample backside in the way of pretty much everything, from bioanalyis nodes, to quest npcs and vendors, elevator switches, quest items, you name it.

This problem is largely true of all companions, they all follow the player far too closely and need to be made to stand a little further apart when you come to a stop. But it is most noticeable on the large companions like Khem.

Whilst this seems a minor issue on the surface, the fact that you have to work around it (by swivelling or zooming the camera) every single time you need to interact with something means it ends up being a very irritating minor issue.
It also seems Khem has a hell of a time putting on the brakes when you stop. I'll stop and almost invariably he'll run a meter or more past me. Often time on top of a table or right in front of the NPC or something.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid

danielweberdlc
01.19.2012 , 11:33 PM | #34
I learned early on to automatically shift my camera left or right as I got near loot or quest objectives because of this issue before I clicked.

it's a problem with all companions, though he's among the worst (glares at Broonmark).

My advice is just to zoom out as much as you can and just get used to shifting the camera a little as you loot - after awhile it becomes second nature and you don't even notice the issue anymore.

FadeToBolivia
01.24.2012 , 07:54 PM | #35
Sorry, I was just in-game having this issue, and I saw this thread.

Khem totally needs his hitbox cut in half... if you run your mouse along side of him, you can see that the hitbox is at least twice as wide as he is. I'm tired of moving 2-3 times to loot and interact with objects.

I'd think it would be a simple fix.