In response to Loekii: Bringing life to ToR

ArcaneEchoXIII

This is in response to a post by BW staff Loekii. The original post got lost under troll fat so I thought I'd post it here. The question begs its own topic anyhow.

What are some ideas, that given the current game, BW could do to improve the feeling of Life in the earlier zones?

Typing this from my phone, so excuse any nonsensical errors.

One thing I think would be cool (though possibly hard to implement) would be the ability to develop npc rivals/allies/contacts. For instance as a Sith, maybe you have the opportunity to help a fellow apprentice. If you do he becomes an ally, giving you a heads up on any news of someone gunning for you, maybe throwing some credits your way from time to time, etc.

Or you could screw him over, true Sith style. He becomes your rival, sending goons to assassinate you from time to time, attempting to sully your reputation with key npc's, and generally being a pain in the ***. At some point you could confront him, or through dialog politically destroy him.

Probably hard to implement as I said but it would definitely keep you feeling connected to our origin story and give a feeling of consequence.

Many existing quests could achieve this simply by delaying the confrontation with rival apprentices and having them screw with you indirectly longer, with your master reacting to your method of handling it. Fostering rivalries/alliances like this would be hella immersive.

Random npc encounters would be cool too. Like a woman begging a Jedi character to stop a fight her husband is in, or some thugs trying to mug an agent, cantinas would be awesome places for stuff like this. Markets too.

Edit*** Another thing that would help would be patrolling mobs. Right now he majority of mobs are motionless until you engage combat. Having them pace around a little and not wait until you are close enough to kick them in the nuts before they react to you would do wonders for bringing life to the game.

Edited by ArcaneEchoXIII

Another thing that would help would be patrolling mobs. Right now he majority of mobs are motionless until you engage combat. Having them pace around a little and not wait until you are close enough to kick them in the nuts before they react to you would do wonders for bringing life to the game.