If there was one thing you could remove from SWTOR....

Feeblezak

what would it be? What is one thing you hate so much you want it removed from the game?

For me, it would be black colour crystals. I believe lucas himself said "no black lightsabers". Aparently if you put them with red, blue, yellow, green or orange outlines that rule doesn't apply to you. BY THE WAY! thanks for the ****-ugly pre-order crystal, bioware, really appreciate it :mad: These things are ugly as sin, i've spoken to dozens of people, people don't actually like them, but use them because they're the best you can get for pvp. I would give bioware money for them to make all existing black crystals into regular crystals. I remember the threads befor launch, people DID NOT want black crystals in the game, but they put them in anyway.

So, what would you like to see removed from the game?

Edited by Feeblezak

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what would it be? What is one thing you hate so much you want it removed from the game?

For me, it would be black colour crystals. I believe lucas himself said "no black lightsabers". Aparently if you put them with red, blue, yellow, green or orange outlines that rule doesn't apply to you. BY THE WAY! thanks for the ****-ugly pre-order crystal, bioware, really appreciate it :mad: These things are ugly as sin, i've spoken to dozens of people, people don't actually like them, but use them because they're the best you can get for pvp. I would give bioware money for them to make all existing black crystals into regular crystals. I remember the threads befor launch, people DID NOT want black crystals in the game, but they put them in anyway.

So, what would you like to see removed from the game?

I would have to agree with you. I really hate the black core crystals. It just isn't Star Wars.

Uhhh black-gold crystals are not the best in game just FYI, if you buy the +41's from the vendor yea they're on par with the highest quality crystals you can get, but they're not the best.

There's a lot I would add to the game so I haven't thought of what i'd want gone...oh wait...Expertise.

The one thing I would get rid of is the needless complexity of the skills/abilities. E.g., as a conceal agent, if why do I need hidden strike, backstab and shiv? Just give me a shiv that gets a bonus if attacking from stealth or from behind. I want to enjoy my character fighting the enemies in the game world, not focusing on watching all my hotkeys and timers.

The one thing I would get rid of is the needless complexity of the skills/abilities. E.g., as a conceal agent, if why do I need hidden strike, backstab and shiv? Just give me a shiv that gets a bonus if attacking from stealth or from behind. I want to enjoy my character fighting the enemies in the game world, not focusing on watching all my hotkeys and timers.

So....you want a kill button, and maybe a jump button? I have a machine from 1985 that plays games with this level of complexity. I will sell it to you for 2 chickens.

I agree with this. Having too many similar skills with slightly different CDs just leads to watching the skillbar the whole time trying not to mess up rotations during long battles instead of looking at the animations or gameplay.

So....you want a kill button, and maybe a jump button? I have a machine from 1985 that plays games with this level of complexity. I will sell it to you for 2 chickens.

Clearly not what he said, but congrats on being a classy human being about it. I'm glad that having multiple skillbars loaded with similar skills and watching CDs during fights instead of the actual gameplay makes you feel l33t.

No, but you don't need things to be needlessly complicated. When you have abilities that do the same thing but only differ in damage per energy per cooldown then you aren't adding anything to the combat, just giving spreadsheet junkies something to do for 5 minutes. In my example, you have one skill that would behave smarter and cut down on having two extra hotkeys that are rarely used and would in fact let people focus on other skills in their place (not everyone remaps every hotkey to every keybinding, a lot of us are clickers beyond 1-4).

Clearly not what he said, but congrats on being a classy human being about it. I'm glad that having multiple skillbars loaded with similar skills and watching CDs during fights instead of the actual gameplay makes you feel l33t.

I'm serious, only 2 chickens. That's a deal in this economy. What's not classy about that? :mad:

Seriously though, keeping track of 4 things isn't hard. Doesn't make me l33t at all. What makes me l33t is that I sell electronics for poultry. :rak_03:

No, but you don't need things to be needlessly complicated. When you have abilities that do the same thing but only differ in damage per energy per cooldown then you aren't adding anything to the combat, just giving spreadsheet junkies something to do for 5 minutes. In my example, you have one skill that would behave smarter and cut down on having two extra hotkeys that are rarely used and would in fact let people focus on other skills in their place (not everyone remaps every hotkey to every keybinding, a lot of us are clickers beyond 1-4).

In all seriousness, you make a good point. There are several abilities that are way too close to being completely redundant. I am nearly positive it is this way ONLY to make things appear more robust. People would doodie if they had 7 efficient abilities, as opposed to 19 scattered ones.

It's a tossup between long load screens, current mod removal costs, and Jawa jokes.

BW probably only has control over one...

Loading screens is a good one...so is the mod removal costs...

But, to keep this more realistic, I'd like to ask for a removal of Operation lockout timers.

I'd remove any remnant of Mythic personnel. Two blown chances at an mmo w/a rock-solid IP.

Fail me twice, shame on me. :(

I have to agree. However, if it was something in-game I wanted to remove, I would choose the perma death bug that has plagued WZ's forever. Apparently this hasn't made it high enough on their agenda to fix.

Sad.

I'm serious, only 2 chickens. That's a deal in this economy. What's not classy about that? :mad:

Seriously though, keeping track of 4 things isn't hard. Doesn't make me l33t at all. What makes me l33t is that I sell electronics for poultry. :rak_03:

I think there may be 2 different topics here...

On the one hand, yes more complexity in gameplay is a good thing.

On the other hand, there does seem to be quite a bit of ability bloat in this game. My toons are generally going to use 5-7 abilities in their rotation at max level, yet I'm running out of space on my action bars, especially as I gain legacy abilities.

The complexity is what makes it fun.

The complexity is what makes it fun.

I agree a game has to have complexity to be fun, but that complexity can come from other places.

I've heard design philosophies to the effect of "play the game, not the interface." When you're juggling 40 abilities and varying cooldowns, that more or less becomes the game. Don't get me wrong, it can be fun, but many games have succeeded at creating enjoyable and complex challenges with a lot less icons.