Say NO to NERFS!

Boulen

WARNING: The following contains blatant and intentional copying and pasting from the powertech forum, with vanguard substituted for powertech, where applicable. Imperial intelligence is not to be ignored, merely filtered for misinformation. User discretion is advised.

PREAMBLE: Plasma cell dot damage is being halved, on top of the known nerf to high impact bolt armor penetration. Tactics is seeing a dps nerf as well. We, being the collective Vanguard community, should be calling shenanigans.

My fellow (Vanguards)

(Vanguards) are getting screwed in the 2.0 patch unless people act

Question is, do (Vanguards) stand up for their right to fight??

I SAY HELL YES! ITS TIME TO BUMB [sic] THE THREADS!

Get to the test forums - read up on the following 4 posts!

[Feedback] Vanguard Tactics/PT AP feels underwhelming & the loss of unique HtL.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=610956

Thoughts on the PT/VG nerfs?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=611067

[suggestion] Rollback Recent Changes on Powertechs

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=611261

Powertech AP

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=611144

(VANGUARD) PLAYERS WE NEED YOUR VOICE TO BE HEARD OR WE WILL ALL BE STUCK WITH A USELESS CLASS IN PATCH 2.0! - EVEN IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO ADD GO BUMB [sic] THE THREAD TO THE TOP WE MUST BE HEARD!

Edited by Boulen

assault VG/pyro BH needs more kicks in the nuts, its been hugely overpowered for a long time, my VG has been retired for a long time because it was quite simply head and shoulders above the rest and insanely boring.

You didn't even look at the links. It amounts to a large enough drop in dps to make Assault spec and Tactics spec VG/PT undesirable for Nightmare OPs (assault wasn't hit nearly as hard as tactics, which totally got the shaft), as other classes/specs have higher sustained dps. If it goes live, you'd have to run the Assault/Tactics hybrid spec to compete, and they've already stated that they don't like hybrids, so the moves are counter-intuitive.

Edited by Boulen

You didn't even look at the links. It amounts to a large enough drop in dps to make Assault spec and Tactics spec VG/PT undesirable for Nightmare OPs (assault wasn't hit nearly as hard as tactics, which totally got the shaft), as other classes/specs have higher sustained dps. If it goes live, you'd have to run the Assault/Tactics hybrid spec to compete, and they've already stated that they don't like hybrids, so the moves are counter-intuitive.

Just run Assault and you'll be fine in PVP and PVE WRT DPS, you'll still be able to pump out DPS that will put you near or at the top of the group. Tactics is essentially a dead tree IMO.

Assult VG's which have the highest burst in the class will be just fine. My synopsis post 2.0 for Assault VG's

- They Nerfed AP - I never used it anyways

- •Assault Trooper (Vanguard) no longer increases the critical damage done by Charged Bolts, but now increases the critical damage done by Ion Pulse. IP will do more damage.

- HTL - nuff said

- Shoulder Cannon - More Deeps

Tactics got FOOKED....no other way to say it. Post 2.0 there will be no hybrid builds and only Tanks and Assualt VG's running around. Sucks because the hybrid specs were the most fun to play.

R.I.P. Carolina Parakeet

R.I.P. Iron Fist

R.I.P. Terminal Velocity

Just run Assault and you'll be fine in PVP and PVE WRT DPS, you'll still be able to pump out DPS that will put you near or at the top of the group. Tactics is essentially a dead tree IMO.

Assult VG's which have the highest burst in the class will be just fine. My synopsis post 2.0 for Assault VG's

- •Assault Trooper (Vanguard) no longer increases the critical damage done by Charged Bolts, but now increases the critical damage done by Ion Pulse. IP will do more damage.

- HTL - nuff said

Tactics got FOOKED....no other way to say it. Post 2.0 there will be no hybrid builds and only Tanks and Assualt VG's running around. Sucks because the hybrid specs were the most fun to play.

R.I.P. Carolina Parakeet

R.I.P. Iron Fist

R.I.P. Terminal Velocity

Again, doesn't sound like you're reading the patch notes because the nerf to Plasma Cell/CGC is game-changing for PVE Assault/Pyro.

Plasma Cell/CGC damage makes up about 1/3 of all damage in a 6 min OPs boss fight for a VG/PT player. Now imagine that cut in half. The boost to FB/Ion Pulse does not make up for that loss...not even close.

Big ole nerf stick that beat Assault/Pyro into the ground. Only class we are ahead of right now are Sins/Shadows...and they need love too.

- HTL - nuff said

R.I.P. Carolina Parakeet

R.I.P. Iron Fist

R.I.P. Terminal Velocity

I do quite fine with my dps, thank you. I do not need your advice on how to play assault spec, nor do I need your help with how to pvp, and my post wasn't concerning pvp, anyway. These nerfs may not impact spike damage in a pvp setting, but that is not the concern that was raised in other areas that I am passing along.

Edited by Boulen

Has the tank spec gotten any nerfs or buffs or is it largely the same as it is now?

In pve I believe I read somewhere that van tanks have lowest TTK of the three. In 2.0 PvP Van tanks are a synonymous with free-kill, our TTK is barely more than the dps classes and we do a quarter of their dps. We got a utility buff with ES and smoke grenade applying a snare.

The only reason anyone whines about OP assault in PVP is that a lot of people playing it just spam around targets getting their dots on for high overall dps. BIG DEAL. They may have highest dps but actual impact on winning the game is absolutely minimal. Getting highest dps in pvp is easy, being a good player that actually contributes to a win and can finish an enemy player fast and effectively is something else. With the upcoming nerfs the trooper will have reduced combat effectiveness overall in all areas. In PVE any ranged class can just sit & spam attacks with a few moves here & there to avoid those really hard to spot big red circles. In PVP you try sitting & spamming attacks against a good team, see how long you last.

Trooper/BH class is getting short end of stick. Simple. Even as a tank the Vanguard now sucks. I can solo a four man heroic on BH way easier on my Shadow than on Vanguard. Just look at the difference in utility & survivability.

If they want the game to be fun & challenging for anyone over the age of 15 then they should embrace the hybrid's and power up other classes. let it be decided by skill not nerf.

:D Never save a cookie for tomorrow that you could eat today :D