Rishi Stronghold Confirmed!

Yay! :D

Three requests BW:

1. Please cover the place with hooks, don't make it like Yavin where vast areas have no hooks at all. Wilderness areas may not seem like a good place for tech decorations, but they're perfect for animal pets. In the end, we might come up with ideas you didn't think about, just don't limit us with a restrictive hook distribution like you did on Yavin or Manaan.

2. Make sure the hooks properly touch the floor or wall, my OCD prevents me from using many of Yavin's hooks, because objects on them would hover in the air.

3. Now that conquest is out of the picture, increase or completely lift the limit on the number of strongholds we can own. Many of us have more than 10 SHs after the server merges, and we'd like to keep them.

You know your community - When you force us to give up our duplicate strongholds in order to get Rishi, the forums will be in flames when you later increase the stronghold limit.

Edited by Mubrak

I really hope it isn't a teeny stronghold, or something that limits how we can decorate it. We need hooks EVERYWHERE! Plenty of ceiling hooks, rug hooks, sensible hook breakdowns, and lots of hooks outside as well as inside. I want to cover my tropical paradise with flowers!

I'm so happy! I love Rishi!

I don't know if any devs are reading but here are some suggestions...

* Please design a beachfront property with an upper story that has a cliff balcony. These two features have been requested in countless threads.

* Make sure the ocean has some appropriate ocean sound FX, not the silent weird waters of Manaan. Hopefully they'll have some surf. (Hopefully Manaan will get some surf up against the stronghold...)

* Please give us lots of Centerpiece hooks that convert into other sets of hooks. You keep releasing new Centerpiece decorations but we have no place to put them.

* We need starship hooks that we can actually reach. No isolated hooks like Manaan and Nar Shaddaa.

* No more wide floorboards, wainscoting, or angled walls. We love to put things up against walls. We also like having wall hooks closer to the ground (IE: shelves at 10' up are useless).

* We need many more rug hooks than we've had in the past, at least double.

* At least one room needs a high ceiling. Some decorations require it.

* Please put stairs instead of an elevator (like DK and Coruscant). Zoning is slow.

* Hopefully this will be a Yavin 4 sized stronghold. Many players have requested plenty of room to display collections of mounts, ships, statues, and so forth.

Edited by Xina_LA

* Please design a beachfront property with an upper story that has a cliff balcony. These two features have been requested in countless threads.

* Make sure the ocean has some appropriate ocean sound FX, not the silent weird waters of Manaan. Hopefully they'll have some surf. (Hopefully Manaan will get some surf up against the stronghold...)

* Please give us lots of Centerpiece hooks that convert into other sets of hooks. You keep releasing new Centerpiece decorations but we have no place to put them.

* We need starship hooks that we can actually reach. No isolated hooks like Manaan and Nar Shaddaa.

* No more wide floorboards, wainscoting, or angled walls. We love to put things up against walls. We also like having wall hooks closer to the ground (IE: shelves at 10' up are useless).

* Please put stairs instead of an elevator (like DK and Coruscant). Zoning is slow.

* Hopefully this will be a Yavin 4 sized stronghold. Many players have requested plenty of room to display collections of mounts, ships, statues, and so forth.

I love all of these points! I really hope the devs look at the the threads concerning this stronghold and take the suggestions to heart. I love strongholds, I want to have the freedom to really be creative with my decorating.

Yay! :D

3. Now that conquest is out of the picture, increase or completely lift the limit on the number of strongholds we can own. Many of us have more than 10 SHs after the server merges, and we'd like to keep them.

You know your community - When you force us to give up our duplicate strongholds in order to get Rishi, the forums will be in flames when you later increase the stronghold limit.

^ This.

Years of expertise right there !

OMG! I love you Devs! I've been whining for Rishi for quite some time here. Even suggested what it could look like in my happy little dream. A private cove beach, and a little bit of a shanty pirate town feel to the SH building with the wooden bridges and walk ways

*Happy sigh*

I agree, they need to make two very important changes when they release the Rishi stronghold --

* Let us have duplicate strongholds. Otherwise there's going to be an explosion of angry posts in the forums.

* Cap the amount of prestige to the maximum number of decorations. For example: If someone has 40/20 after the merge, only give them prestige for the first 20 items. Right now, the prestige rankings are meaningless.

Not everyone has duplicate strongholds so if they are going to allow you to keep those that you have they will have to open it up for those that don't to be fair considering when we had the mergers they already stated if you had duplicates that cap the max of strongholds (10) that you would have to give up one or so to bring you under the max if you wanted a new stronghold. Edited by casirabit

I love all the comments in here about hooks being availabe in the wildernessy parts and also nothing on the floor so the furniture can't be exact against the wall.

Also yes, I want to have a view of the beach with actual waves lapping on it...plus a balcony overlook...and I'd rather the evening sky...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Eric/Keith,

Would it be possible to get a sneak peak at the new Rishi SH coming out in July? I'm trying to plan decos for it.

I'd love to see this as well. Not to be a negative person, but I'm growing increasingly concerned that while Rishi will not be limited to PvP stuff, it will be designed in such a way that it won't be well suited for players who want to make it a home.

I didn't even know stronghold PvP was a big enough thing to center something like Rishi around it. Is this really something a lot of players do? I'm not arguing a gainst the PvP plan, I really just didn't know it was a thing that a substantial playerbase was interested in.

Edited by DuchessKristania

Do you think they read this forum?

It's sort of an orphan, down in the bottom right corner without even a forum icon...

I'm hoping we get a preview of the SH soon and that perhaps this time they'll listen to feedback from previous strongholds. They've at least been releasing packs of decorations that were frequently requested.

Edited by Xina_LA

Do you think they read this forum?

It's sort of an orphan, down in the bottom right corner without even a forum icon...

I hope that they do, but I worry that it gets neglected. SH decorating is a pretty thriving group though of players though. It would really be a good idea for them to do a Q and A in this section and get feedback from the people who spend a lot of time decorating.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I plan to make my stronghold open to all, then hide in stealth. In the opening PVP area, I'll put a GTN and other terminals in the middle of it. Once unsuspecting people start to check things out, I'll pounce.

Sounds a bit boring, but hey, billions of spiders can't be all wrong.

Edited by Mubrak

Sounds a bit boring, but hey, billions of spiders can't be all wrong.

His plan is also pretty flawed. The PvP doesn't activate unless the walls are put up and that PvP areas can be avoided entirely. I suspect most people will avoid those areas unless they actually want to PvP. He also put this response in every single thread about the Rishi SH so anyone who looks at the forums knows there is someone already bragging about doing this, and giving his plans away.

From Charles:

"New area in the Rishi Hideout – The Overlook: Many passionate Stronghold lovers have requested a more “home-y” space in the Rishi Hideout. I mentioned in a post last week that we would not be able to make that happen for release, but that the dev team really took that feedback to heart. Turns out, they took it so much to heart that the team went way above and beyond to get a new area added in record time so that we could include it in the extra PTS round! So please, load in, check it out, and maybe throw a bit of love the Stronghold team’s way for making it happen"

SO VERY HAPPY!

Edited by Xina_LA