Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Change back the changes!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Change back the changes!

Sappharan's Avatar


Sappharan
10.03.2020 , 01:48 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by -Bob- View Post
...
How would you feel about the daily being the acquisition a number of certain medals during pvp (which could promote actual participation...and maybe such a daily could offer standard daily rewards) and a BONUS that requires at least a win. The bonus would be the real prize: standard daily rewards AND a good chance at augment materials for the new augments?

Spitballing. I may not have described my thought clearly enough...so there could be room for clarification, but it appears to be cogent as of now.

Pallais's Avatar


Pallais
10.04.2020 , 10:25 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Sappharan View Post
How would you feel about the daily being the acquisition a number of certain medals during pvp (which could promote actual participation...and maybe such a daily could offer standard daily rewards) and a BONUS that requires at least a win. The bonus would be the real prize: standard daily rewards AND a good chance at augment materials for the new augments?

Spitballing. I may not have described my thought clearly enough...so there could be room for clarification, but it appears to be cogent as of now.
I would suspect you're right back at making failure the way to advance the mission rewards. Folks will just go 'defend' (stand around, actually) at an objective and never bother to try to win a match.
Pallais on Star Wars: Beyond the Stars, a SWTOR podcast.

Star Forge
Pallais, Concentration Sentinel <Impact>

Reapman's Avatar


Reapman
10.04.2020 , 05:24 PM | #83
I was a fan of the changes for about a week. But now, not so much. 90% of the matches I get into are losses. Premades in almost every match, which most of the time guarantees a loss. Then you have the matches that have split up their premade group and put them on both teams. That is actually worse because the ones you get stuck with are no help to your team against the other members of the premade on the opposing team. The toxicity that these premades bring to the equation is just as bad as the premades themselves in regs. It’s running off a large portion of the player base who enjoy regs. Most new players to the game try PVP for a couple matches and then decide that it’s no fun and don’t ever mess with it again. Leaving us with a smaller more toxic PvP Community.

JJKerryee's Avatar


JJKerryee
10.05.2020 , 09:27 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Opiklo View Post
they queue for number farming.. that may be ridiculous mindset from your perspective, but there are a lot of people who do nothing else... and i dont blame them

the deathmatches have always happened a lot on every server. the change for a win requirement for quest progress doesnt do anything because people dont care for a lousy weekly or daily which gives you nothing useful at all.
due to that regs have become meme content.
if you really had a NICE reward with winning requirement people would take it more seriously but toxicity levels will go up...
some crates which you can get from fps aswell dont do the trick.

the intention of win requirements is definetly reducing afkers, numberfarmers and trolls... but seriously if number farming is more attractive to people than the rewards... it will do nothing.

mindless pvp really started with the removal of pvp gear and the introduction of unassembled components... it flooded pvp with casual pvers who just wanted to farm components. the quality of the matches really decreased from this point on and many people who liked playing regs left the game because it wasnt fun anymore.

the removal of win requirements will make it easier to complete quests and what else?
will it increase the quality of games... absolutely not.
I understand what you're saying even if I don't agree with all of it. The thing is in terms of the number of "mindless matches" like you call them, I have seen no change whatsoever. You know what has changed? The number of PVP players, which has definitely decreased, not to mention an increase in premade groups.

Although the removal of win requirements won't increase the quality of games, you're right about that, what it does do is increase the PVP population, bc its a mechanic friendly to new players and casuals. Ofc everyone can come here and say that they'd rather have few meaningful matches than a lot of mindless ones, but no one really wants to waste 30 min in a queue for a match, get an arena, and fight another premade.

My point is: no win requirement increases the PVP population, while a win requirement adds nothing to PVP, it doesn't decrease the number of mindless matches, it doesn't increase their quality either, so it's simply hurting its population.
Use my referral link, you know you want to: http://www.swtor.com/r/qb2Ygz And we both get good things!
Retreat is not weakness, it is strategy.

Nickodemous's Avatar


Nickodemous
10.05.2020 , 10:28 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by JJKerryee View Post
My point is: no win requirement increases the PVP population, while a win requirement adds nothing to PVP, it doesn't decrease the number of mindless matches, it doesn't increase their quality either, so it's simply hurting its population.
I am sorry, but I disagree. Since the win requirement was introduced, I have seen the quality of matches increase significantly. Regs are fun again and have been very competitive.

Yesterday, I started my pvp day with my sniper, which to be honest, I am awful with and did not win much. After getting absolutely destroyed on more than one occasion, I swapped to a character I am much more familiar with. After doing so, I started winning. My point is you people cannot expect easy wins on toons that you are just so-so with now. Regs are about the group and being productive in that group. There are too many good players, on all servers, to expect just to coast through matches now. A group is only as strong as its weakest link......don't be that link.
Tyranticus - Ty'zor - Maullin - Clandestu - Pepe'nero

The Elite Warlord Club - The PVP FAB FIVE

JJKerryee's Avatar


JJKerryee
10.07.2020 , 09:50 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickodemous View Post
I am sorry, but I disagree. Since the win requirement was introduced, I have seen the quality of matches increase significantly. Regs are fun again and have been very competitive.
Well I guess it depends on each player's experience really, but I haven't noticed a significant increase in match quality at all, then again I never really got all that many mindless matches before. It depends.

Quote:
Yesterday, I started my pvp day with my sniper, which to be honest, I am awful with and did not win much. After getting absolutely destroyed on more than one occasion, I swapped to a character I am much more familiar with. After doing so, I started winning. My point is you people cannot expect easy wins on toons that you are just so-so with now. Regs are about the group and being productive in that group. There are too many good players, on all servers, to expect just to coast through matches now. A group is only as strong as its weakest link......don't be that link.
Who is you people? And how is this relevant to anything I said? My point isn't if it is fair or not. My point is that I personally haven't seen an increase in match quality, what I have seen is longer queues. This change not only decreases the pvp population but also makes pvp less friendly for beginners, which is one of the points of regs. This supposed increase in quality becomes even more ridiculous when you consider that the rewards are trash. Like another poster has said before: win requirement isn't enough, you'd need at least proper rewards aswell.
Use my referral link, you know you want to: http://www.swtor.com/r/qb2Ygz And we both get good things!
Retreat is not weakness, it is strategy.

Yamahara's Avatar


Yamahara
10.07.2020 , 08:46 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by RedDeadFord View Post
I like to play multiple toons. It sucks completing one daily in 15 min for one character and farming the next daily for 6 friggin' hours because his gear is 270. It's stupid and only serves to waste my time and let my membership lapse. The changes only serve to alienate casual players. Why? Ranked is already there for the hardcore pvpers. Why make things worse for the casual player?
They implemented the win requirement because 8v8 regs was 90% number farming matches. At least with the win requirement more people will try to get those W's instead of thinking they can do big d*ck dps/hps. Now the lockout timer of 15 minutes for leaving a warzone early is ridiculous. It should be 5 minutes max if they insist on having it.
Lukewarm Tauntauns

Yamahara's Avatar


Yamahara
10.07.2020 , 08:49 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Reapman View Post
I was a fan of the changes for about a week. But now, not so much. 90% of the matches I get into are losses. Premades in almost every match, which most of the time guarantees a loss. Then you have the matches that have split up their premade group and put them on both teams. That is actually worse because the ones you get stuck with are no help to your team against the other members of the premade on the opposing team. The toxicity that these premades bring to the equation is just as bad as the premades themselves in regs. It’s running off a large portion of the player base who enjoy regs. Most new players to the game try PVP for a couple matches and then decide that it’s no fun and don’t ever mess with it again. Leaving us with a smaller more toxic PvP Community.
The toxicity has been there since launch 2011 so that's really not a good argument at all. Stop queuing solo, get some friends. Maybe that's a problem for you in real life, but on an mmo you might be able to get someone to like you and group up.
Lukewarm Tauntauns

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
10.07.2020 , 10:47 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Yamahara View Post
They implemented the win requirement because 8v8 regs was 90% number farming matches. At least with the win requirement more people will try to get those W's instead of thinking they can do big d*ck dps/hps. Now the lockout timer of 15 minutes for leaving a warzone early is ridiculous. It should be 5 minutes max if they insist on having it.
I agree with the reasons for the changes, just not what they implemented as it’s too draconian in both aspects.

1. To incentivise winning more than number crunching, they could have adjusted the ratio of win : loss points from 2:1 to 3:1 or 4:1. That way people would still have a reason to try to win, but wouldn’t feel like they aren’t progressing their daily/weekly if they keep getting bad teams (from no fault of their own).

Constantly losing and not progressing is a massive turn off, especially when you have no control over a pug team if you queue solo (not everyone wants to premade and should not be penalised if they choose not to).

2. Another thing they could do is to remove the score board dmg/heal/protection stats from public view. They could still show kills, objective points and medals on the board while keeping the other stats private so only the player can see their own stats.

3. Increasing the rewards for winning or for the amount of medals you get would also be more of an incentive to win.

Add all three of these changes and there is a lot of incentive to win more than farming numbers.

I also agree that 15mins lockout is too long. But I think 5 mins is too short because the wait between some matches is only 5 mins and wouldn’t be a deterrent. I would propose it being 10 mins or at the minimum, 8 minutes.

Nickodemous's Avatar


Nickodemous
10.09.2020 , 11:25 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by JJKerryee View Post
Well I guess it depends on each player's experience really, but I haven't noticed a significant increase in match quality at all, then again I never really got all that many mindless matches before. It depends.

Who is you people? And how is this relevant to anything I said? My point isn't if it is fair or not. My point is that I personally haven't seen an increase in match quality, what I have seen is longer queues. This change not only decreases the pvp population but also makes pvp less friendly for beginners, which is one of the points of regs. This supposed increase in quality becomes even more ridiculous when you consider that the rewards are trash. Like another poster has said before: win requirement isn't enough, you'd need at least proper rewards aswell.
First, the second part of that was not directed towards you.

PVP is about winning, not about just participating, I am perfectly fine with the current state. These changes have not affected the community in the least, at least from my experience. Also, I just don't see how the weekly has anything to do with whether or not a new person will pvp or not. The quality has most certainly improved. You make it sound like every match is trash now when that is just not the case.

I do agree that the rewards are underwhelming and that it IS NOT enough per the wins.

Just an observation: Matches are very different on the two US servers. SF - seems to be all or nothing. SS - much more competitive. SF has a lot more lopsided matches vs SS. I guess it because most of the new players have flocked there.
Tyranticus - Ty'zor - Maullin - Clandestu - Pepe'nero

The Elite Warlord Club - The PVP FAB FIVE