Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rain is requested, rain is received. These are all unique codes (1 redeem per person), and I know there are concerns about bots. I am gonna put them into spoiler tags so that should there be bots (which I haven't seen evidence of, just fast people) they can't scrape them as easily.

450 CC

5S7K-2M2S-Q7YD-X699

GABP-FJKT-RZ9R-8CGZ

7VCH-MHFN-QQLY-UNNB

9XN3-FSC7-6F9Z-X4WH

EGTM-2WFD-4SHT-M7Y9

TaunFawn Mini-pet

77BT-P9U9-LNAA-U779

BFQH-ZKJP-JK9P-FGHF

2J8K-SJBR-ES29-2SFS

5HFT-VLGZ-7Z8N-HW9Y

6YW5-XHVD-L5DH-ZY8J

GZWH-GQYX-HYUW-7KRQ

7AZ9-V9HF-3RVF-387N

8GDG-MP7S-VMPU-PHXV

439U-6BN2-ECY8-CSE4

7SP6-99ML-QQGA-VK75

M8-3R Mini-pet

39FL-7KWM-BBAW-NQ8Y

9L76-5BT2-84A7-54PL

78KM-4H22-7LV8-GZWX

CEMR-AZ7D-ZKVK-EHE6

F48J-VGHT-M477-4QFK

HTYR-J8FA-L32T-K3PK

D8DN-QLTY-NMSC-G2NV

3GSM-LGM3-M78Q-LWPV

CGA9-MC7M-JHRR-ECNC

8XBR-B57G-QRAJ-S892

Good luck!

-eric

so all customers are affected yet 20 people get compensated... [sarcasm]Great Job Bioware....[/sarcasm]

Hello there! I really upset what happen today with game and what developers give in "Developer Tracker" only few codes for compensation 20-30 players. Not for all. I think its as kick from the game for all of us. I have sub, and i lost 1 day, because can not play in my loves game. And i hope all users get compensation, not only small numbers of players. :mad::mad::mad:

Hey folks,

Quick update. The team has a possible fix for the issues that cropped up this morning. To get them in place for testing is going to take approximately 2 hours from now, and then we can begin running that patch through testing. It is likely that over the next 2 hours I won't have much in the way of updates until we get into testing. Should that change, I will let you know.

-eric

Nice, 2 more hours until you can start testing, and then MAYBE 2 more hours after that you MIGHT get the game back up, but who knows, and yet only 25 people got anything in the way of compensation. Way to P!ss off the fan base guys. But then again, that's what EAware is all about these days.

Two hours more. Makes 8 hours of waiting. Since 15.00 GMT +2, in which I live.

I hope the Devs are planning to actually compensate the European players, who lost whole day on this bs.

My propositions:

• CM pet for every player ("brown" or "silver" thingy? i can't remember how it's called)

• CM mount for every player (same ^)

• 200 CC for every player (a code, redeemable once by every player, active for 24-48 hours?)

• 24 hours of subscription code (redeemable once by every player and active for 24-48 hours)

• prolonging XP and CXP events for 24 hours (imo this should be mandatory)

Edited by gwynzireael

Hey folks,

Quick update. The team has a possible fix for the issues that cropped up this morning. To get them in place for testing is going to take approximately 2 hours from now, and then we can begin running that patch through testing. It is likely that over the next 2 hours I won't have much in the way of updates until we get into testing. Should that change, I will let you know.

-eric

Thanks for the update and hope it gets solved sooner. Since this is already taken almost all afternoon for EU players can we expect an increase in the CXP event by a day?

Hey folks,

-eric

I hope things go well and I hope people can be patient for it :). Things happen, it sucks but we can either let this setback affect us greatly or carry on doing other things while the dev team do what they need to do and come back to play when it's ready.

Eric,

I want to thank you and the team for once again pointing out that I have a slow internet and don't deserve any kind of bonus for your teams epic fail with this patch. How hard would it be to ingame message everyone what you just gave to the fastest internet users here on the forum?

I am sure those with the fastest internet connections are enjoying all those awesome gifts. Why you are at it why don't you just kick us all in the crotches and have a really good laugh too.

Dear Dev Team & SWtoR peeps,

I know you guys are hard at work trying to get this all unciphered and fixed and I appreciate y'all's hard work for the amount of people you have, but can I make a recommendation. 25 codes got posted, that means 25 people just got whatever, and literally the entire rest of the fanbase lost out. With the downtime being so long, could you guys just give out the cartel coins to people's accounts, or with in game mail, so everybody gets a piece? I recognize this is going to take forever, but that's also time people generally have spent money to play, and that's money they're losing out on.

To the rest of the fanbase, instead of asking every five to ten minutes, what's the ETA? Just go outside or play something else for now. The more time you spend bugging the developers on the uptime of the game, it's time they have to spend looking at everybody's posts, and less time spent trying to figure out the cause of all the issues with the hotfix, like we can talk general discussion, but leave the developers in peace for now, until they can give us a timeframe in which they'll have everything working again.

Much love, and much concern, die hard Star Wars fan, Irrazius <3

LoL. First of all we don't bug the developers. Second it's their job that we pay for a finished product which they fail to deliver time and time again. Third, we do not receive any compensation for it.

Here is a free businesses advice. If you provide a certain service to people and screw it up they will not give you money.

Well if they get the game going in the next 2 hours it makes it only the 4th longest outage. I;m gonna get couple hours sleep then get playing hopefully..... but if the game isnt back up in 2 hours i will be back here with my pitchfork!

He said 2 hours to testing though :(

• Dev Post

First, make sure you have checked my most recent status update here.

Second, I apologize if the codes are rubbing people the wrong way. They are not meant to be any kind of compensation for downtime or anything like that. Merely, we are all sitting here on the forums waiting for the issue to get resolved. In the past we have done something similar as a way for people get some bonus stuff for free while they wait. Everyone is not going to get them, but it could be a nice bonus if you do.

The first batch of 15 codes was not the "rain,' that was just the start. Normally I continually do posts like that the entire time we are down but I don't want to be pouring salt in the wound either. Tell me your feeling on this, do you want me to continue putting out codes while we are down? Or is it just making it worse?

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Hey folks,

-eric

Wait what? NOW you decide that actually testing code changes is a good idea?

Second, I apologize if the codes are rubbing people the wrong way. They are not meant to be any kind of compensation for downtime or anything like that. Merely, we are all sitting here on the forums waiting for the issue to get resolved. In the past we have done something similar as a way for people get some bonus stuff for free while they wait. Everyone is not going to get them, but it could be a nice bonus if you do.

The first batch of 15 codes was not the "rain,' that was just the start. Normally I continually do posts like that the entire time we are down but I don't want to be pouring salt in the wound either. Tell me your feeling on this, do you want me to continue putting out codes while we are down? Or is it just making it worse?

-eric

one time codes per person = worse

Second, I apologize if the codes are rubbing people the wrong way. They are not meant to be any kind of compensation for downtime, or anything like that. Merely, we are all sitting here on the forums waiting for the issue to get resolved. In the past we have done something similar as a way for people get some bonus stuff for free while they wait. Everyone is not going to get them, but it could be a nice bonus if you do.

-eric

YOU must be kidding. Tell me you are kiddiing. You give away codes for the one pet I always wanted with no chance that I can redeem it in time and you ask that? I'm honestly speechless. Seriously

-eric

I have a great idea.

Keep the codes. Buy a PTR server. TEST YOUR PATCHES!

-eric

It's making it worse... I think that can be seen quite easily by just browsing the thread after the first codes went up.

Where are the codes that give stuff ONCE PER ACCOUNT????

This is ridiculous ffs. Just make the codes once per account, at least that way everyone gets SOMETHING.

Just resubbed a week ago, for a month. If all this debacle ends up with no compensation, im unsubbing again, it seems to me astonoshing that stuff like this happens and just a handful of codes are handed out, *** is this???

-eric

I'd rather it be a code that can be used by anyone today, than a one time code for one person.