Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Sorcerer Lightning seeking gearing advice for PVE

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Sith Sorcerer Lightning seeking gearing advice for PVE

Discotrash
09.25.2017 , 03:23 AM | #1
Hello,

I'm currently in the process of checking the stats on my gear and have been reading the Bant guide here on the forum and the 5.0 Lightning Sorcerer PvE Guide on Dulfy. At the moment I have the Eternal Commander MK-3, Tier 1: Artifact (230 ilvl) set purchased with command tokens on a level 70 character. The Saber I'm using is a GEMINI MK-4 rating 246 with a +41 critical rating crystal attached.

The guide is telling me that my stats should be:

5901 Mastery (Stim)
3183 Power
1543 Critical (7xE, 1xA, 2xC)
1056 Alacrity (11xA)
735 Accuracy (3xE, 2xA)

At the moment my Alacrity is low. Around 362. The guide says 11xA. Should I augment with the Alacrity to boost the stat and does it mean adding 11 of them? Datacron wise I'm missing the Fleet and a couple on the Republic side, but all the other have been collected. Some of the other stats are a bit low. Should I replace the enhancements to boost the stats? Won't this reduce the other stats though?

I'm also confused when the guide says 7405+-216 DPS @ 49.5 APM. I've checked my character and listed under 'force' bonus damage: 2842.9 at the moment. Is this really low? How could I boost this stat? This includes the Mark of Power buff. Also, what does APM mean?

As this is my first level 70 that I'm gearing, I'm a little confused. Any help or advice would be good.

Thank you
Oakcrest - Sith Sorcerer on the Red Eclipse
My referral link

ottffsse
09.25.2017 , 03:37 AM | #2
APM is attack per minute - how fast you should be able to execute attacks. You can check that and dps with starparse.

Quite frankly gearing through the tiers once you are 70 is an estimate process - the bant stats are nice but frequently you will be "somewhere in between" as your gear will be of various item ratings.

You should for pve get accuracy to around 109-109.5%, don't go over 110% until your have the best items as you will be wasting stats.
After that you should just maintain a 3:2.5 crit - alacrity ratio. like if you have 1600 crit your alacrity should be 1330. etc

Discotrash
09.25.2017 , 04:31 AM | #3
Thank you for the help
Oakcrest - Sith Sorcerer on the Red Eclipse
My referral link