Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lightning Sorcerer glitch

drakosef
07.26.2017 , 04:14 AM | #1
Hello!

I've recently noticed that the top lightning sorcerer parses are all over 10k dps. When you look up their rotation you can
see that they're all using a glitch. They somehow use: Lightning Bolt -> Chain Lightning -> Thundering blast -> Chain lightning.

I've tried to reproduce this rotation but it seems not to work for me. Could anyone explain it to me, how it's done?

Here the parse of the #1 Sorcerer http://parsely.io/parser/view/286734/0

Greetings,

drakosef

Exocor
07.26.2017 , 06:19 AM | #2
I doubt, that BW will be okay with s.o. giving advices in terms of bugusing. However, what I can say is, that there is a bug, with which it is possible, to use chain lightning on cooldown without a cast-time, even though it is not procced.
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

shyroman
07.26.2017 , 09:35 AM | #3
In those parses they just hard cast chain lightning right before each thundering blast.
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

Equeliber
07.26.2017 , 10:03 AM | #4
Yes, there is indeed a bug that allows you to always have instant Chain Lightning, so instead of proc's 10sec cooldown, you just have the 6sec cooldown of the Chain Lightning.
Ael Veela, Sith Marauder Klorea, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

Thaladan
07.26.2017 , 11:17 AM | #5
a hint for bw to make the spec at his place : put the cooldown of lightning storm passive ability to 6sec instead of 10 (maybe with a 25-30% reducing cost instead of 50)
Elite warlord sorcerer- sniper - powertech

ufarax
07.26.2017 , 11:53 AM | #6
Let me get this straight, you are complaining about a glitch, that you can't recreate. The cooldown for chain lightning is 5.5 seconds, are you implying that's the glitch?

drakosef
07.26.2017 , 12:29 PM | #7
It's a glitch that can be reproduced. All top lightning sorcerers are using it. They insta cast chain lightning, then they cast thundering blast, and then insta cast chain lightning again. And all that in 2.2 seconds.

Once this glitch is ''activated'' it's working as long as you don't switch the instance.

ufarax
07.26.2017 , 05:13 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by drakosef View Post
It's a glitch that can be reproduced. All top lightning sorcerers are using it. They insta cast chain lightning, then they cast thundering blast, and then insta cast chain lightning again. And all that in 2.2 seconds.

Once this glitch is ''activated'' it's working as long as you don't switch the instance.
No one has explained how this works, you said "They insta cast chain lightning, then they cast thundering blast, and then insta cast chain lightning again. And all that in 2.2 seconds." Think about what you just said.

AwkwardGinger
07.26.2017 , 05:23 PM | #9
The glitch is very repeatable and no, they are not hard casting chain lightning. Unfortunately hardcasting CL is a dps loss, except in very specific circumstances.

If you want a rotation that doesn't include CL bug, then look up Malocath on Shadowlands. He's cleared all content as a lightning Sorc. No CL bug.

ufarax
07.26.2017 , 05:38 PM | #10
After 30 minutes on the operation dummy, and on the warzone dummy, on the fleet and on my ship. And 3 Hammer Station CXP run. I have to call shenanigans, on the Lightning Sorcerer glitch.