Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lightning and Madness Sorcerer/Telekinetics and Balance Sage Set Bonus Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Lightning and Madness Sorcerer/Telekinetics and Balance Sage Set Bonus Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dacri
07.13.2015 , 04:24 PM | #21
Okay Im going to give my straight opinion about this bonuses on sorc/sage:

They are absolutely horrible. The 2% increased dmg is the single thing you can rescue from the bonuses, which lets say its "something", you can do a slightly higher damage, which you actually wont really tell about BUT its something.

About the other 2 I dont think why on earth you added those, simply both wont work on either PVP or PVE.

What I propose is:

4 pieces bonus has to give 1 extra charge of recklessness
6 pieces bonus has to give extra alacrity fo lets say 8-10 seconds, kinda like berserk on carnage marauders, get it up to a 30-35%ish alacrity depending how much you already have stacked, so make it a 25% extra alacrity after using force leech (?) or demolish in example.
Something else iŽd like to propose is give us instantly crits on certain moves, like vanquish or force lightning, after using certain abilities.
I was #1 Sage in Season 4, 5 & 6 (at least the legit one in 6 lel).
Apex, The Dread Sage Dacri, Champion of the Sages.
The original Killsyou, the rest are my apprentices.
My stream if I ever feel like it
My Sadness Sorcerer PVP Guide!

Forren-Midosea
07.13.2015 , 05:49 PM | #22
As a guy that mains dps sage i am sad about his low dps compared to other classes, and set bonus.
First of all you guys hammer nerfed force quake to the lvl of uselessness.
However the set bonuses are quite good. The only thing i would like to see is constant dmg buff from 2pc bonus. Each Turbulence or Force Serenity and Thundering Blast or Force Leech should trigger the dmg buff. This is all i would like to see. And on a second thought, maybe you should try to increase that from 2% to 5% :>

KingDeathII
07.13.2015 , 06:28 PM | #23
IMO madness/balance doesnt need an alacrity boost to do higher damage so for the M/B spec, 2 piece set bonus is useless. The 6 piece is additionally useless because it literally does nothing for PVP where the fights are so fast, the cool down doesnt come into the equation, especially in Ranked warzones. Even in PVE, I dont keep spamming Recklessness on cooldown because its kind of situational.

Make the 2 piece set bonus stay as a Damage increase and make the 6 piece set bonus give us an auto crit. It literally makes no sense that you give all other Damage spec's a 6 piece thats an autocrit but Sorc/Sage Damage are the only ones with a useless set bonus.

howdor
07.13.2015 , 06:29 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacri View Post
What I propose is:

4 pieces bonus has to give 1 extra charge of recklessness
6 pieces bonus has to give extra alacrity fo lets say 8-10 seconds, kinda like berserk on carnage marauders, get it up to a 30-35%ish alacrity depending how much you already have stacked, so make it a 25% extra alacrity after using force leech (?) or demolish in example.
Something else iŽd like to propose is give us instantly crits on certain moves, like vanquish or force lightning, after using certain abilities.
^This. other classes get an insta-crit with Sb but the lowest pulling ranged class that's already nerfed to oblivion in both specs gets nothing? (I.e. lower cooldown on recklessness which is NOT a guaranteed crit btw) A bit unfair. I second the proposed set bonus changes above.

Deluxe_
07.13.2015 , 07:56 PM | #25
Put a meaningul alacrity boost somewhere in there for a start and we'll be happy.

ShawDou
07.13.2015 , 10:31 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
[*]4-Piece: Reduces cost of Lightning Strike and Force Lightning or Disturbance and Telekinetic Throw by 2 and reduces the cooldown of Polarity Shift or Mental Alacrity by 15 seconds.
Btw am i only one who wonder why in actual 4pc bonus still is Disturbance, while all TK sages use Telekinetics Burst, or is this bonus highly towards balance?
If you like my posts click my referral link for free 7 sub days and more.
(whether you're a new or returning member, you'll get all sorts of goodies)

VandolaLinK
07.14.2015 , 03:58 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
You totally missed the point... The 2-piece is changing the damage dealt, not the alacrity. Unless you made some change without putting it in the patch notes.
If this doesn't demonstrate incompetence of the devs idk what does omg
Vandolá, Sorc heals, Harbinger

Magsel
07.14.2015 , 04:06 PM | #28
Back in January 2015 I made a bugreport and ticket about the useless 4-setbonus but no one ever did anything with that. So hopefully you guys can look at it now?
sage / sorc new 4 set bonus is useless for Lightning/Telekinetics or it's bugged

Quote: Originally Posted by Magsel View Post
Ticket: 15737389

This is what the tooltip for the new 4 set bonus tells us:
"Reduces the cost of Lightning Strike and Force Lightning or Disturbance and Telekinetic Throw by 2 and reduces the cooldown of Polarity Shift or Mental Alacrity by 15 seconds."

When you hover your mouse over Lightning Strike and Disturbance it tells it cost 27 force without the 4 set bonus and 25 force with the 4 set bonus. So the tooltip is correct, however, Lightning Strike and Disturbance have both been replaced in 3.0 with Lightning Bolt and Telekinetic Burst and thus Lightning Strike and Disturbance are no longer used in the rotation of Lightning and Telekinetics.
So the 4 set bonus is either useless or bugged for Lightning and Telekinetics.

The solution would be reducing the cost of both Lightning Bolt and Telekinetic Burst with 2 and changing the tooltips for those two abilities.

Mr_Fuzzle
07.14.2015 , 05:03 PM | #29
The solution to this is simple and has been said many times over.

2 Piece: As is
4 Piece: Updated to include TK Burst/Lightning Bolt
6 Piece: Reverted back to the old Dread Master/Dread Forged 4 Piece set bonus

While you're at it, make Force Potency/Recklessness a guaranteed crit, similar to Smuggler's Luck
Borac'duk - Defense Guardian <Republic Gentlemen>
Boracarpe the Revanchist - Shield Tech Vanguard <Republic Gentlemen>
Boracrunch - TK Sage <Pyre>
Entire other swarm of Boras

Waferdanos
07.14.2015 , 07:12 PM | #30
[*]2-Piece: Turbulence or Force Serenity and Thundering Blast or Force Leech increase alacrity by 2% for 15 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 30 of seconds.
So, i assume, we'll get 2% alacrity boost instead of 2% damage dealt in quite short time.
Which are not the same, and it's a nerf. Again.
I'll even further, and assume that old Dread Master set bonus will work with new Revanite, am i right?
[*]6-Piece: Lightning Strike and Lightning Bolt or Disturbance and Telekinetic Burst reduce the cooldown of Recklessness or Force Potency by 1 second.
As most people alredy mentioned, this part is not that useful. Recklessness is not a guaranteed critical attack, overall, you'll not notice in your damage output, have you had 2 Recklessness or 4.
Replacing it with Dread master 4 piece bonus would be ideal.

That all being said, Sith Sorcerer in his current state is very situational dps, and outside of heavy burst-requiring or multiple (more than 4) opponents, it's just bad.
While we at this topic, please, please buff Madness.
"Sustained" dps Discipline, that is behind other "sustained" Disciplines by 500+ dps is not what we want to see.
Damn, it's even behind class own burst Discipline.