Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lightning Nerf Results

Cuiwe
10.11.2017 , 04:39 PM | #11
Honestly, why do they keep forcing Shock onto Ltng? Whoever asked to use it? I know I didn't...
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

Atalantia
10.11.2017 , 10:04 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by RevorteX View Post
Class which needed buffs - received nerfs.
Survability still even to powertech.Melted down.

I noticed a drop in hard hitters,which is very bad for this class.
Aint it the truth

I wonder who reads their metrics a blind man?
Was before F2P

Hoppinswtor
10.12.2017 , 02:58 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
I wondered if the nerf badly affected PvP, seems like you just confirmed my thought. :/
Yeah, games where I'd normally hit 6500 as Lightning are now yielding 6k at most. The nerf is more noticable in PvP, where multiple players will be stacked for the (weakened) Chain Lightning and you won't really have as many chances to stand still and cast crushing darkness + shock for the dps gain.
Hoppin <Death Smile>
Hoppinator (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara), Hoptimal (Sin)
Hopalicious (Jugg), Oppinator (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)

ottffsse
10.16.2017 , 04:10 AM | #14
I did some parsing on 500K just to see how the upfront burst suffered. Based on several parses I think on lightning you'll be very lucky to get 10,2K or there abouts on really good crit, while madness does like 10,4K-10,7K on really good crit on that hp pool. Oh and lucky arsenal parses over 11K on the 500K - so yeah-burst actually got nerfed by bioware in their infinate wisdom, on a ranged burst class which already had one of the weaker bursts because of the two dots needed to setup the burst.

Hoppinswtor
10.18.2017 , 07:39 AM | #15
Yeah, the ceiling for this spec seems to be 9600 now, which is still good...but lightning parses are quite rng-intensive so you kinda have to go with an average.
Hoppin <Death Smile>
Hoppinator (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara), Hoptimal (Sin)
Hopalicious (Jugg), Oppinator (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)

ottffsse
10.20.2017 , 09:57 AM | #16
As more parses come in I would say the spec has not really been nerfed at least for PvE. Sustain is just a tiny bit lower than it was previously but the rng is more consistent now so all in all "average dps" output has probably not really been affected from pull to pull. Also just as on carnage mara spec certain things are left out of dps calculation - clipping on carnage, force speed procs on lightning which means it is definately above the other burst damage specs in terms of sustain if you use those tricks. I am happy for the changes or at least don't mind them (strictly from a dps point of view - lightning is still noticeably squishier than madness). While I play both sorc specs I kind of like playing the dot spec a bit more though and wish it were a bit harder hitting as it does have more setup time then lightning from target to target.