Why these companions as rewards when we have a better option?

xPhoQuE

I am not making this post to complain about the LS vs DS event but rather to express my disgust with the "Dark" Companion. I am willing to give this event a chance but not sure about completing it to its entirety especially since I would have been done with the event before it started if it carry over previous achievements.

But now to my main point, the companions. I understand that these companions will most likely be bland with the exact same abilities as others, but visually they are a letdown. With that being said, I am more upset with Hexid than Ramos. Atleast Ramos gives the impression that she follows the light. Hexid has no dark side degradation and is another mindless Maul remake.

But if we don't use Hexid, who would be better to demonstrate what it means to be aligned with the dark side? Well a clear winner is someone like Malgus. Malgus is by far one of the main reasons people found the cinamatic trailers so appealing. We know that Bioware had intentions on bringing him back from the short scene where Thexan and Arcann was pushing his carbonized body to their father, so why not use this as an opportunity to bring him back. Atleast this will make up for the abrupt death of Marr and give us a strong male Sith presence. Malgus personifies the dark side and should have taken this position.

And for Ramos, I would say someone like Satele could be a replacement but I can assure you, she will be in her own chapter in season 2. But the point of this was to discuss my disgust (see what I did there) with Hexid since you can't even tell she is aligned with the darkside and is overall generic.

PS: can we please have images of all the reward for this event so I can see if it's even worth it to pass eternal tier.

PSS: sorry if I made grammatical/spelling errors as I am writing this from my phone.

I'd prefer Master Oteg as the lightside companion.

I agree that Malgus would be cooler than Hexid.

Didnt even think of our little master, Oteg. Atleast if he was an option with Malgus, the companions will be appealing regardless of which side wins.

Impossible. I killed both of them in Flashpoints :rak_03:

It's Star Wars. You should know that unless you see them die then anything is possible. Search on YouTube, Swtor Malgus is back KoTFE and you will see that he somehow lived the flashpoint's fall and was planned to be in KoTFE😌

Malgus hasnt appeared in KOFE so far.

We are aware that he hasn't made a formal appearance yet he was planned to be introduced somehow. This video shows that they had intentions so why not use this event as an opportunity to have him as an option.

We are aware that he hasn't made a formal appearance yet he was planned to be introduced somehow. This video shows that they had intentions so why not use this event as an opportunity to have him as an option.

I hope they leave the idea of him coming back scrapped. It makes no sense for him to come back, as our character killed him, and left his body on the emperor's space station that blew up minutes after we were rescued from it by the pilot dude.. No one would have had any time to recover his body. I like Malgus just as much as the next person, but there are certain cases where a great characters story should be concluded.

His story concluded with his Coup d'état that lead the Empire to re-think their anti-alien policies. To me, that is a great ending to a great character.

Edited by cool-dude

I hope they leave the idea of him coming back scrapped. It makes no sense for him to come back, as our character killed him, and left his body on the emperor's space station that blew up minutes after we were rescued from it by the pilot dude.. No one would have had any time to recover his body.

Besides... then their would be theories about how Emperor Palpatine lives if Malgus could do the exact same thing... and no one wants that Gary Stu to be revived... right?

Edited by peter_plankskull

I hope they leave the idea of him coming back scrapped. It makes no sense for him to come back, as our character killed him, and left his body on the emperor's space station that blew up minutes after we were rescued from it by the pilot dude.. No one would have had any time to recover his body. I like Malgus just as much as the next person, but there are certain cases where a great characters story should be concluded.

His story concluded with his Coup d'état that lead the Empire to re-think their anti-alien policies. To me, that is a great ending to a great character.

I disagree completely. To have a great Sith Lord like Malgus die to an unnamed strike force is pathetic. The Sith who killed a dozen Jedi, bested Satele Shan, and killing two more Jedi after surviving a crashing Avalanche of solid rock while not in his prime might I add. Also the "canon" explanation of his legend's existence (lol) is that he was knocked over the edge in his throne room by the grenade available for pickup before you entered shortly before dying. And the empire never rethought their policy. Sith pure bloods, Chiss, and Humans (more so than the others) remained superior until the end.

Simply imagine the amount of times our "heroes" should have died throughout the story or people like Anakin, Luke, Revan, ect and tell me why they should be protected with plot armor over someone like Malgus.

Characters like Malgus should never be regular companions. Run a mission of two together like with Marr, sure. But never a lackey trudging after me across the galaxy tossing heals as I kill sand people or pulling plants up by their roots and collecting them in a satchel. Let alone sitting back on my ship listening to classic space rock while knitting me shirts to post to spaceBay.

That and BW has no clue how to handle their own characters (not that the majority of the current staff had anything to do with original story content). Look at Revan. They keep bringing him back and he becomes more of a punchline with each iteration. And he's coming back AGAIN in Season 2.

There are dozens of candidates they could have pulled from the existing NPC cast to be Darth Hexid. Thana Vesh, for one. Honestly, though, a romancable male Force user would have been a nice bone to throw people, light or dark.