Tanking is frustrating.

So, let me start by saying I love this game, it's awesome and a breath of fresh air for me.

Tanking threat is fine at max level. If a tank knows how to optimize their class, they should not have trouble holding threat (given the dps gives them 2-5 seconds to pull.)

My issue is the amount of CC that nearly every mob in every flashpoint seems to have, and they only do it to the target (the tank most likely.)

I was running RR normal yesterday and was thrown around like a rag doll. We still cleared with no issues at all, but it was not fun for me in the slightest. Many bosses are like this as well, have 2-3 stuns/knockbacks/knockdowns that they ONLY use on the highest threat target.

My request is that defense rating give a resolve-like DR on PvE cc. It would make tanking much more fun for me, as well as many others I would assume.

Just throwing this out there to see what you guys think, both on the state of tanking and my briefly thought out idea.

I think Soresu should turn all knockdowns into knockbacks (haven't played the other classes Tank to comment on them).

Stuns and knockbacks are fine IMO, stun you have counter for, knockbacks just mean you have to walk back to your position, but the raging dolling completely ruins positioning, which makes keeping track of threat and mobs a pain.

Sith Juggernaut, haven't really had a problem tanking so far (other than being a single-target tank in a FP, but I run with guildies so they understand)

The only thing I notice is that, until I got my aoe shout, is that threat seems to drop a lot at random points. Like I'll be tanking a target perfectly fine (we 2-manned athiss last night for S&G) and my healer suddenly gets wailed on after I tanked a target for about 12 seconds.

Other than that, i'm having no problems, and it's really fun getting used to not having an auto-attack.

OH, I guess I should have mentioned I am a darkness assassin tank!

I am level 45 and I don't see -too- much changing at level 50.

As for the random threat, several enemies I've encountered in FPs actually have attacks that target random party members. Such as the first boss in RR, who will jump at a random player that is not the tank, and stun them for 1.5 seconds while doing about 3k damage.