Sith Assassin - Best companion

Hawdskinna

Just wondering what everyone feels the best companion is, or which one they use the most.

For me, I've found that Khem Val's ability to double taunt things, giving me the opportunity to backstab, to be the best use of the companion mechanic. I was interested in seeing how other people use their companions to make it through.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at lvl 20 I have only used khem val. About to try out the droid because it may be more beneficial to have a healer as opposed to a 2nd tank. Personally I find that while maul is GREAT for pvp, having a tank around just so i can maul someone doesnt seem like the best use of resources. I usually just stun them and use a backstab, and not rely on khem.

Personally i went for a dps companion when u first get them he/she does about the same dmg as u and it slowly scales off to just under half at L50 (this is with keeping him geared up)

I found him better then khem in most regards as khem stoped being able to hold aggro on me around the late teen's

I'm using maul all the time so I need tanking abilities of Khem to be able to get to the side/back of NPC. Too bad he's chaotically moving idiot who doesn't understand he has to turn targets away from me instead of just taunting them. Edited by Pashgan

If you are going tank spec khem val is useful. I've found with the dps companions you generate too much threat and they don't dps fast enough to pull the aggro off of you ever so as a tank you are soaking all the damage. There have been times where I die and my companion has full health just because they never pull aggro to help me out.

The healing companion is good but you don't get him until the much later levels and Khem Val is required for story purposes a few times so it is probably best to keep his gear leveled until you get the healer.

I like playing with Ashara just because she is cool but in tough fights you will need to switch to someone who can trade aggro back and forth with.

I'm only a mid 20's Assassin, but I have to swear by RV at this point. I do enough damage on my own that I really just need a healer. Andronikos is useful for blasting things down, but I still miss the health deficit.

He's noisy as sin, but he's sure darn handy for me.

the healing companion is the droid on the ship right? "v-R8 i think its name is

not tried him out as I've pretty much used Khem Val the whole time, while he can hold some aggro, he generally isn't very good at it.

Most of the elites I've taken on, as soon as I go in after taking the adds out, I pretty much take the aggro off Khem as he just cannot hold it.

He also dies fairly regularly despite having up-to-date gear.

the healing companion is the droid on the ship right? "v-R8 i think its name is

not tried him out as I've pretty much used Khem Val the whole time, while he can hold some aggro, he generally isn't very good at it.

Most of the elites I've taken on, as soon as I go in after taking the adds out, I pretty much take the aggro off Khem as he just cannot hold it.

He also dies fairly regularly despite having up-to-date gear.

I think they refer to another healing companion you get much later.

OT: I play as a tank and use andro as dps. It works great so far (lvl 40 atm)

Darkness spec, I went with Khem (DPS stance, taunt ON) until I got Revel.

Revel was about 50% of my total damage, and was better at assisting and not breaking CC than any DPS I've ran a premade with. Dude doesn't talk too much either. I ended up swapping to the healing companion when I got him, for stability as I started to go into content over my level wanting to keep the story moving.

Darkness assassin here. I absolutely *HATED* using the dashade in my mid 20's - things took forever to kill (2 tanks does not a dps make). I got the blaster guy on Tatooine, and absolutely love him. Based on the above I'm going to have to go back and gear up the dashade again?!?! I haven't pulled him out of mothballs since i got my dps companion... 10 lvls ago.. uugh.

I am only a mid 20's deception assassin, so I only have Khem (well I got the ship droid as well, but he only crafts and cleans my ship. I don't want to run around with him). But I am curious as to which companion is the absolute most needed for higher level elite and champion fights as a deception assassin?

I don't want to use Khem exclusivly forever if I can help it. Are any of the other companions viable for hard fights as a deception assassin?

Also...and this is offtopic, but still....why does the enemy completly heal everytime you use force cloak? Is it only an escape power? I wanted to use it to get back behind the enemy or something, but I swear everytime I use it the boss goes to instant full health. Is this the way it is supposed to work?