Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide/Video] Min-Maxing DPS, Stat / Gear Check

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[Guide/Video] Min-Maxing DPS, Stat / Gear Check

Evolixe
03.04.2015 , 08:05 AM | #231
Nah I agree with you. Infiltration doesnt come anywhere close to Serenity even for me.
And I'm leaps and bounds better at Infi than Serenity.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

Aelanis
03.04.2015 , 12:48 PM | #232
Quote: Originally Posted by invertioN View Post
This is a pve focused post.

When I read posts about this I feel like I live in a different world.
Infiltration is sooooooooooooooooooo terrible that I want to cut myself over and over and over every time I try to parse in it. It needs like 100% crit on force breach to be competitive with Serenity on any boss tbh. The opener is fine but then it's just poop poop poop poop, don't crit a few times in a row and you are at literally 400 dps below what u would be in Serenity until you get some cooldowns up or until 30%.
The only excuse for anyone to play this disaster is when mechanics demand it or you are a huge fan of the spec.

That's just my experience and opinion, but if anyone wants to get the maximum out of the class then go Serenity 99% of the time.
Maybe you just aren't running enough crit. You need a good chunk more in Deception than in Hatred. Only Assassin to yet clear HM Revan as a DPS did it in Deception, which means they broke 4.3k (more?) DPS in the burn phase losing 8 of every 60 seconds. It's not in a bad place for PvE, but if you gear for 0 crit, yes, your sustained will suck

Also, being 400 dps behind a sustained spec shortly before your burst cooldowns come back up is actually completely normal.
Dulfy Guides: Hatred, Serenity, Darkness, Kinetic Combat
Ellendra - Death MarkExit Area - Theraton
The Shadowlands

Jemkeldromm
03.11.2015 , 10:05 PM | #233
Ok so crit is the most important stat to have in gear for a shadow dps? currently using the Yavin 4 gear with a Masassi head piece and got told I need better gear to dps for ravegers. Any suggestions would be appreciated
You must un-learn, what you have learned

Aelanis
03.11.2015 , 11:00 PM | #234
Quote: Originally Posted by Jemkeldromm View Post
Ok so crit is the most important stat to have in gear for a shadow dps? currently using the Yavin 4 gear with a Masassi head piece and got told I need better gear to dps for ravegers. Any suggestions would be appreciated
You don't need better gear. Old 180 coms gear is enough to meet the DPS checks in Ravagers, having the gear just helps you out if you're not playing well. Crit isn't the most important stat, not by far, though. It's a balance, and it typically goes to WIllpower or Power. Neither Discipline wants a huge amount of critical rating, actually.
Dulfy Guides: Hatred, Serenity, Darkness, Kinetic Combat
Ellendra - Death MarkExit Area - Theraton
The Shadowlands

Madistein
04.11.2015 , 11:44 AM | #235
wait, I have been told over and over that deception and hatred do not need to worry about accuracy for pvp.......

Sundragon
08.03.2015 , 08:13 PM | #236
Yes, I just hit level 60 today on my Hatred Assassin, and after asking several times in PvP chat without an answer, I asked in general chat and was told by many people that I did not need Accuracy for PvP, that I should instead focus on Willpower and other issues (perhaps alacrity or fortitude depending upon my final desired stats).

I'd love to get some advice on where I should focus my stats for my new Hatred Assassin. As in, what is a good "crit %" and should I have X% in Alacrity bonus, etc. Any advice/input would be appreciated. Again, this is only a PvP gear question. I see the OP is fully detailed on PvE gearing.
█||||()||||█Ξ███████████████████)

Sotmax
08.04.2015 , 02:02 AM | #237
Quote: Originally Posted by Sundragon View Post
Yes, I just hit level 60 today on my Hatred Assassin, and after asking several times in PvP chat without an answer, I asked in general chat and was told by many people that I did not need Accuracy for PvP, that I should instead focus on Willpower and other issues (perhaps alacrity or fortitude depending upon my final desired stats).

I'd love to get some advice on where I should focus my stats for my new Hatred Assassin. As in, what is a good "crit %" and should I have X% in Alacrity bonus, etc. Any advice/input would be appreciated. Again, this is only a PvP gear question. I see the OP is fully detailed on PvE gearing.
I strongly think that accuracy is the first that you have to cap in any class except healers where crit is more important.
Getting your accuracy to 95/105(pvp) , 100/110(pve) , is a must target to achieve.
No matter what telling you less accuracy than normal will guide to many misses inside wz's(both force and melee attacks) causing your dps to decrease.
Pressing Random buttons Since Beta
Jarrvis // Memrros
*TRE*

Sundragon
08.04.2015 , 07:33 AM | #238
Quote: Originally Posted by Sotmax View Post
I strongly think that accuracy is the first that you have to cap in any class except healers where crit is more important.
Getting your accuracy to 95/105(pvp) , 100/110(pve) , is a must target to achieve.
No matter what telling you less accuracy than normal will guide to many misses inside wz's(both force and melee attacks) causing your dps to decrease.
Well, without really focusing on Accuracy augments or whatever you can get the 95/105 PvP level with the basic Dark Reaver set. Hence, in a way, you answered that question about Accuracy not being important.
█||||()||||█Ξ███████████████████)

Jinre_the_Jedi
08.04.2015 , 07:39 AM | #239
Quote: Originally Posted by Sundragon View Post
Well, without really focusing on Accuracy augments or whatever you can get the 95/105 PvP level with the basic Dark Reaver set. Hence, in a way, you answered that question about Accuracy not being important.
Check out the guide in my signature for a detailed breakdown of mods and enhancements for min maxing all 3 shadow specs

DBZSSTrunks
09.04.2015 , 09:51 PM | #240
I definitely need new gear! Ever since I came back, my current gear just isn't cutting it anymore