Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide/Video] Min-Maxing DPS, Stat / Gear Check

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[Guide/Video] Min-Maxing DPS, Stat / Gear Check

Aelanis
04.16.2014 , 10:17 AM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
In PvE, you should never Shock without double Induction. You'll get into massive Force issues if you do so repeatedly.
I'd think that if you had 1 stack of Induction and Shock came off cooldown, you should use Shock. Less time between Shocks -> more dps, and Shock at 1 stack is less expensive than Voltaic Slash + Shock at 2 stacks. I mean, if you've got Duplicity up, yeah, Duplicity and then Shock at 2 stacks, as you'll come out even on Force and do a little more damage there, and I think that would be worth the delay. But Voltaic Slash probably shouldn't be.
Dulfy Guides: Hatred, Serenity, Darkness, Kinetic Combat
Ellendra - Death MarkExit Area - Theraton
The Shadowlands

Evolixe
04.25.2014 , 08:23 AM | #152
Less force per gcd. I never, ever shock with less than 2 induction when im not capping force.

If you would shock with 1 induction you skip a gcd. You'll have to fill it up later on with something else.
Given you skipped a VS, if you do anything other than saber strike it'll have cost you more force than that vs/shock combo would have.

The delay of shock really is the best way of approach for the long run.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

fire-breath
04.25.2014 , 09:20 AM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by keimox View Post
Pff... And again we come to RNG. Other classes sure can have exact BiS value but not us :/

Well maybe not exact value but more accurate value than us.
Math says there is an exact value. Or better said there are more exact values. The question is more: accurate value for when? It depends so much how often you use certain abilities.
For example when I play my slinger at Corrupter zero I will have many more hits from my AoE abilities than I will at Nevra. Hence the BiS critrating for Corrupter Zero is higher than Nevra. And even than it depends which skills you use on that particular fight. One aimedshot more and the rating will be different (not noticeable ofc but you get the idea).

EDIT:
And plz forget looking at top dps parses for critratings. Topparser are filled with lucky crits saying nothing about what really is BiS ;-)
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger since patch 1.2 through ups and downs
PugsloveHP - the 96k HP commando DPS/healer
(4.0 HP, currently updating it to 5.0)

Evolixe
04.25.2014 , 10:07 AM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
Math says there is an exact value. Or better said there are more exact values. The question is more: accurate value for when? It depends so much how often you use certain abilities.
For example when I play my slinger at Corrupter zero I will have many more hits from my AoE abilities than I will at Nevra. Hence the BiS critrating for Corrupter Zero is higher than Nevra. And even than it depends which skills you use on that particular fight. One aimedshot more and the rating will be different (not noticeable ofc but you get the idea).

EDIT:
And plz forget looking at top dps parses for critratings. Topparser are filled with lucky crits saying nothing about what really is BiS ;-)
Isn't it convienient then that our class is so linear that it doesn't have any noticable AoE capabilities anyway.
Evolixe | Exilove

IInox
04.26.2014 , 02:46 PM | #155
hey xinika if you want add this small thing on pvp gear I just added it:

Looking at 25% crit chance build I found 24.76% the most near value at 25.00% (0.24% difference) and I just write which and how much mods/enhs to buy to reach it, maybe for players that are not confident with these things can found it useful.

When you are Full Brutalizer with:

Implants&Earpiece Force-Mystic's set
Bracers&Belt + OffHand Force-Master's set
All other pieces Stalker's set

Buy these Mods & Enhs if you want 24.76% crit chance

1 Crit & Surge Optimal Enh + 1 Power & Surge Optimal Enhs
2 Crit Optimal Mods + 7 Power Optimal Mods

my 5cent

Evolixe
04.28.2014 , 04:10 PM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by IInox View Post
hey xinika if you want add this small thing on pvp gear I just added it:

Looking at 25% crit chance build I found 24.76% the most near value at 25.00% (0.24% difference) and I just write which and how much mods/enhs to buy to reach it, maybe for players that are not confident with these things can found it useful.

When you are Full Brutalizer with:

Implants&Earpiece Force-Mystic's set
Bracers&Belt + OffHand Force-Master's set
All other pieces Stalker's set

Buy these Mods & Enhs if you want 24.76% crit chance

1 Crit & Surge Optimal Enh + 1 Power & Surge Optimal Enhs
2 Crit Optimal Mods + 7 Power Optimal Mods

my 5cent
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...0-efa8b113e23a

Beat you
Evolixe | Exilove

IInox
04.29.2014 , 01:56 PM | #157
ah yes! forgot to try the earpieces/implants -.-. thanks!

Evolixe
05.03.2014 , 11:00 AM | #158
BiS for Madness might contain 30% crit builds.

Still testing, and untill the patchnotes for 2.8 are final I'm not actually going to make any gear setups.
But consider yourself informed.
Evolixe | Exilove

IInox
05.05.2014 , 09:40 AM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
BiS for Madness might contain 30% crit builds.

Still testing, and untill the patchnotes for 2.8 are final I'm not actually going to make any gear setups.
But consider yourself informed.
higher %crit ? mm that's caused madness doesn't have the talented force potency like infiltration and the longer ttk?

Evolixe
05.05.2014 , 11:31 AM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by IInox View Post
higher %crit ? mm that's caused madness doesn't have the talented force potency like infiltration and the longer ttk?
Because every crit heals you.
Evolixe | Exilove