Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My BiS stats! I want the IA community to confirm or help adjust these stats.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
My BiS stats! I want the IA community to confirm or help adjust these stats.

Ravashakk
12.29.2012 , 02:06 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by snave View Post
You know what, this makes complete sense and I feel like moron for not realising it sooner. That being said, is it worth stacking the extra crit and losing out on power or does it just boil down to personal preference and play style?

I'm currently at 36.2% crit and 884 power (972 bonus damage) so it's not like there's going to be a massive difference even if I stack some more crit but I'd like to see some confirmation before I start redo-ing my EWH mods.
What I do is use averages. If I want my HoT to tick for more overall, i go by average....because in the long run average will be what is represented on the scoreboard. Getting some freak streak of crits or non crits should equalize over a long game.

So you take your one set of gear, and attack your dummy. Make sure all variables stay the same (buffs). If it isn't something like a DoT that is static, then you want to get a good range of non crits. Once you find out what your average non crit is, take that number and multiply it by (1+critmultiplier*critchance). That is your average hit number. Change a piece of your gear to have more crit or power, and do it again. If your average is higher, then that will make for more dmg.

This does not take into account certain specs that have synergy around crit, or front loaded burst relying on crits to be competitive.
Medicine/Lethality PVP Patch 2.3
I don't tab dot to fluff my damage...I tab dot so that when I'm done wrecking your buddy, I can move right on to wrecking you.

snave
12.29.2012 , 11:23 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravashakk View Post
What I do is use averages. If I want my HoT to tick for more overall, i go by average....because in the long run average will be what is represented on the scoreboard. Getting some freak streak of crits or non crits should equalize over a long game.

So you take your one set of gear, and attack your dummy. Make sure all variables stay the same (buffs). If it isn't something like a DoT that is static, then you want to get a good range of non crits. Once you find out what your average non crit is, take that number and multiply it by (1+critmultiplier*critchance). That is your average hit number. Change a piece of your gear to have more crit or power, and do it again. If your average is higher, then that will make for more dmg.

This does not take into account certain specs that have synergy around crit, or front loaded burst relying on crits to be competitive.
Is there still no decent spreadsheet for us to put stats into? I have to admit, I've completely stopped following all of the theory crafting behind this game so I'm a little out of the loop at the moment.

Are there any decent theory websites these days? I used to read sithwarrior but it stopped being updated a while ago

Anbokr
01.04.2013 , 04:07 PM | #43
You guys are listing special attack accuracy right? Also, is everyone including the rakata biochem stim in their stat spread?
Keller's Void
<The GAF Empire>
Priapus (Empire) - 50 Marauder
Harck (Empire) - 50 Agent