Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

'This item does not support dye modules'

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
'This item does not support dye modules'

ChaosIsGolden
12.17.2017 , 12:04 PM | #41
Thought I'd comment on this thread, since I'd like to see this subject hopefully fixed or resolved. The change was unnecessary and cuts people off from using green armors if they want to dye them. Please fix this ASAP.

ThomasStarWars
12.17.2017 , 01:29 PM | #42
This is ridiculous.

Three steps forward, two steps back.

Estelindis
12.17.2017 , 01:34 PM | #43
Agreed, please fix this.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Nicoae
12.23.2017 , 04:15 PM | #44
This really needs more attention than it's received. Bug or not the ability to dye grey/white items is utterly and completely harmless. 'fixing' that (which most of the player base actually appreciated, lul bioware), when there's much, much more important bugs to fix and just generally stuff to do is foolish and short sighted.

Idiots. All I can say about it. You're idiots bioware, utter and complete idiots and should, for just one day, stop being idiots. You messed up, reverse it. Call it a Christmas present if you want to save face from your idiotic mistakes. Hell use it as a way to pretend you 'listen' to the community, you like pretending that.

doohickeyexpress
12.23.2017 , 05:04 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
Oh.

Since when were greens dye-able? I thought they could not be modified. I think it's working as intended.
Since I've been playing. Also that would mean that you wouldn't be able to put color crystals into green weapons. Which is ********.
FREE week of subscription!
Rewards for you and me. Activate my referral link today for UNLIMITED POWER!
http://www.swtor.com/r/mf38Jz

Darkside
12.23.2017 , 05:57 PM | #46
Forgive me for skimming, but let me see if I got this. You can no longer add a dye to grey, white, or green items. Does this also include the custom tab itself?
O=============================O

DARK HOLOCRON

O=============================O

FREE Server Transfer + FREE 7 Day Subscription + FREE Stuff = CLICK HERE!

Damask_Rose
12.23.2017 , 11:21 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
Forgive me for skimming, but let me see if I got this. You can no longer add a dye to grey, white, or green items. Does this also include the custom tab itself?
You could never directly dye grey, white, most green and some blue armor. When the Outfit designer launched all of those items could be dyed once they were “stamped” to a tab. 5.6 removed this ability with no mention in the patch notes and no acknowledgement from the devs.

Aeneas_Falco
12.23.2017 , 11:32 PM | #48
Bioware logic:

Fixes "bugs" that the fanbase enjoys and considers a great feature.

Does not fix bugs that have existed for years that absolutely no one likes.

ForjKlahaa
01.05.2018 , 12:13 AM | #49
Hello KEITH, MUSCO, ANYONE!!!

This a crappy change to make (and not even tell anyone) and you know it. I just subbed again today on a whim and created a new warrior and I can't dye the academy shirt or whatever it's called dark red and black like I always do because.... reasons?

There are so many simple and elegant pieces that are not dyeable because.... more unknown reasons (they dye perfectly well when colour-matched) but the work around was to do it in Outfit Designer and you took it away.

Tell us WHY? Please don't keep ignoring this thread. Don't give me another reason to walk away from this game. If you can give us one good reason, we'll listen but it had better not be "We want people to purchase more CM gear so we had to make the cheap and easy to obtain gear a less attractive option."

Seriously, stop making things worse for players. Just stop it. Please.
Thinking about signing up or coming back?

Click here to make the most of it with in-game rewards. I look forward to seeing you around the galaxy

Mubrak
01.05.2018 , 12:52 AM | #50
Well... isn't the answer obvious?
https://twitter.com/SWTOR/status/948982611287920641

Why dye a cheap green drop when you can soon buy the real thing on the CM?
Tune down reflections to pre 5.5 values!
Move inventory tabs back to the bottom!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG