Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

'This item does not support dye modules'

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
'This item does not support dye modules'

Andryah
11.30.2017 , 01:24 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Tahana View Post
This would be a very bad thing.. Hoping it is a bug.
Well.. some green gear was itemized for dyes, and some were not. No idea at all the reasoning.... other then it's probably just that they never got around to reworking older green items to add the dye slot. And I bet any green item that does have a dye slot is NOT impacted by this.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Cuiwe
11.30.2017 , 02:27 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Calm down. I was stating my thoughts as to why I think they did what they did (and I also state multiple times that I really do not see the priority for them to change this) ... nowhere in this thread have I stated what you are accusing me of. Sheesh.... you need to relax and stop with the phony accusations. Your issue is with the studio for making this change.. NOT me.
Ok. I tried to put words into your mouth / writing. Sorry. You haven't said such a thing, I just magically inferred it.
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

Solbeck
11.30.2017 , 03:56 PM | #23
Why do they continue to let these silent changes slip by without addressing them in the patch notes? This feels intended since they went out of their way to include the little note saying it doesn't support dye modules.

Aeneas_Falco
11.30.2017 , 05:07 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Cuiwe View Post
Honestly, who are you(or anyone else) to say to me(us) how my(our) character(s) should look like? Some kind of authority?

Why shouldn't a Consular or Agent walk around in Heavy Armor? If someone likes it, more power to them! Besides, Heavy Armor characters have had this exact advantage since 1,0 really. They could wear EVERYTHING in game while Light Armor users could wear LA ONLY! How's that fair?
Besides, the whole idea of a person not being able to wear certain armor because of their profession or background is ridiculous and is total video game logic. It's one of those things common to video games that should really go away.

Wearing armor isn't a skill that needs to be trained and armor classes (heavy, medium, light) an RPG invention.

Andryah
11.30.2017 , 05:23 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
Besides, the whole idea of a person not being able to wear certain armor because of their profession or background is ridiculous and is total video game logic. It's one of those things common to video games that should really go away.

Wearing armor isn't a skill that needs to be trained and armor classes (heavy, medium, light) an RPG invention.
Well... for SWTOR.. the game already moved that direction years ago with adaptive armor and merging all primary skills to Mastery.

It's just old itemizations from launch that are world drops that had armor classifications and in some cases class restrictions, and I doubt they will ever go back and fix them.

In my case, for those that I have used (from the old armor definitions from launch) are all now available in newer adaptive variants with just color changes.. but since I always dye and color match.. that's a nit to me if they "fix" that loophole as well.

I don't know about everyone else, but I am used to MMOs changing things and recognize that as players we either adapt or perish. I rarely see a change in an MMO that I cannot work around or bypass or forget about and move forward. I simply refuse to be victimized or play victim over game changes.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Seelvir
11.30.2017 , 06:41 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I rarely see a change in an MMO that I cannot work around or bypass or forget about and move forward. I simply refuse to be victimized or play victim over game changes.
This change to Outfit Designer is a significant issue to those of us who prefer a more subtle look for our characters than the mysterious blades, pointless hoses, ridiculous techno-thingies, and ludicrous shoulder pads that would make a WoW Orc jealous jutting out of nearly every new set of armor made in the past 2 or 3 years. Old world-drops are almost universally "sensible-looking," and the ability to dye them in Outfit Designer elevated many of them to the best types of gear to wear if you wanted to look like someone who might really live in a galaxy far away, and not like a denizen of a trashy 1970s sci-fi comic book.

Given what's transpired with Battlefront 2, the point of this change seems obvious. Why would be motivated to purchase new direct-sale sets that are "sensible" like Deep Cover Operative, or to shell out for hypercrates to get the Enigmatic Operative (still has stupid shoulder pads) or the Revered Master set, or care enough to hoard the credits it would take to motivate OTHER people to buy those with their RL money to sell to us on the GTN for fake money? What better way to incentivize the transfer of wealth to EA through SWTOR, a game whose only value right now is the realm of cosmetics for cutscenes, than to nerf the cosmetic value of "free" gear to be had from mobs at level 15?

It's the soulless money-grubbiness of this change that is most infuriating. And EA doesn't care, and won't learn it's lesson. Billions of real world dollars in value lost nearly overnight because of a kerfuffle about MTX in another Star Wars game, and EA hasn't learned anything. And won't. They will keep riding the SS MTX all the way to the bottom of the ocean before they learn. It can't happen soon enough to a more deserving company.
Delusions of Grandeur
The Satele Shan Server | Progression | Leisure | PvP

-- www.wehavedelusionsofgrandeur.com --

Andryah
11.30.2017 , 07:52 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Seelvir View Post
This change to Outfit Designer is a significant issue to those of us who prefer a more subtle look for our characters than the mysterious blades, pointless hoses, ridiculous techno-thingies, and ludicrous shoulder pads that would make a WoW Orc jealous jutting out of nearly every new set of armor made in the past 2 or 3 years. Old world-drops are almost universally "sensible-looking," and the ability to dye them in Outfit Designer elevated many of them to the best types of gear to wear if you wanted to look like someone who might really live in a galaxy far away, and not like a denizen of a trashy 1970s sci-fi comic book.
Except this change in no way denies you access to use any gear on appearance tabs.

And it really is only significant in impact on the chest piece as most players dye that and then color match.. and guess what.. color matching STILL works.

I'm sure there is some player somewhere who will say... but I had this perfect pair of gloves or boots that were white quality and it was nice that I could bypass the dye restriction and dye them (to contrast, clash, or whatever) with the chest piece, in an appearance tab... but I doubt very much they could not simply replace them with something so similar (or even better) that they would not miss those white con items if they stop complaining and look for a suitable personal work around.

What we cannot do anymore is apply a dye to a non-dye slot item, by using a loophole in the way you could apply dyes to a stamped appearance tab.

As I stated earlier....it's not something in my opinion they needed to be "fixing" ... but you know what..as players we do not control what they do, only what we do. Hence my follow-up comments about it being pretty easy to work around.

As for the rest of your post of personal attacks, accusations, and hyperbole about things not even related to this particular topic... not going to engage you on it. /Bait not taken.

Feel free to let this one change ruin your game play if you like.. me I am going to adapt and move on..... like with hundreds of other changes in MMOs I have played over the years, including those that seemed unneeded. Make lemonade or suck on the lemon.. your choice.

Inzuher
12.01.2017 , 07:17 AM | #28
So in short Andry, you are stating this is not important to you and therefore people should get over it. Great forum logic, I salute you. However, as it happens, this is important to some people, and these basic items have a unique appearance in the game and therefore cannot just be replaced with something else.
Roleplay is alive and well in Swtor and can be found on the Darth Malgus server.
Anyone interested in engagging in roleplay should check out MALGUS-RP.COM!

AlienEyeTX
12.01.2017 , 07:32 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Inzuher View Post
So in short Andry, you are stating this is not important to you and therefore people should get over it. Great forum logic, I salute you. However, as it happens, this is important to some people, and these basic items have a unique appearance in the game and therefore cannot just be replaced with something else.
Is it annoying? Yes. Is it worth getting all worked up over? Not in my opinion.

There are so many items and so many ways to make things look "right"... I just think there are options to get the looks people want.

People are just really nit-picky. As is their right.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

CrutchCricket
12.01.2017 , 07:56 AM | #30
Holy ****, do you know how much grief this would've saved me had I known about it a month ago?

On the other hand, I think I'd have more grief now if I did know.

But yes, joining my voice to the protest. Such a useless change. This game is lousy with little obstacles like this that individually seem and probably are insignificant but when you add them all together, it's a wonder so many put up with it and stay.

BioWare. For ****'s sake. If money's what you want, please release a "dye slot component" that people can install in any armor, similar to augments that will then let them dye it. Sell it direct for a reasonable amount (couple hundred CCs) and get free coffees for the rest of your life.

Or y'know, be nice and just revert this, or finish making everything dyable. Please?
"Baras, you ****! You bought your armor at the Portly Sith Lord's Used Gear Store! Ya cheapskate! I know it because I SOLD IT TO YOU!"