Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

'This item does not support dye modules'

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
'This item does not support dye modules'

Pscyon
11.30.2017 , 10:57 AM | #11
Lame.

I've used white vendor gloves for various outfits, as basic gloves just aren't in abundance in the game's inventory past the starter planets. Guess I'll have to stick with Kreia's and Vao's gloves now.
What you get from a referral link: a box of junk and one single server transfer token.

What the other person gets: 500 cartel coins, 100 more each month you stay subscribed, a speeder bike and a droid vanity pet.

Andryah
11.30.2017 , 11:04 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
Agreed. I'll have to check the next time I log in. That would be a really weird thing for them to do, since color match works even without dye modules. Something for me to ponder at work today...
My guess is that they still color match (need to confirm) but that the studio closed a loophole where you could apply a item that has no dye slot to a tab and could then apply dye after the fact (which I honestly NEVER do).

There have been a few things about appearance tabs that I think were "loopholes" in the functionality... like being able to apply heavy armor pieces to a light armor wearing character.... so this too may have been one of them and they closed it. I don't know why they would bother though to be honest as they have more important things to be working on... but again.. probably different studio team doing one thing vs another.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us “cyborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

Andryah
11.30.2017 , 11:07 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Inzuher View Post
However, you can still match colours to outfit with these items. Now, you just can’t colour them for whatever reason.
Thanks for that.. saves me having to go check.

See.. this change I am fine with as it fits what I think they originally intended a couple years ago when they rolled out appearance tabs. But I agree that it does not seem like something they HAD to go fix. It probably has been in their bug queue since they released appearance tabs and it finally reached high enough in the queue to be assigned to staff to act upon.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us “cyborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

Damask_Rose
11.30.2017 , 11:49 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Thanks for that.. saves me having to go check.

See.. this change I am fine with as it fits what I think they originally intended a couple years ago when they rolled out appearance tabs. But I agree that it does not seem like something they HAD to go fix. It probably has been in their bug queue since they released appearance tabs and it finally reached high enough in the queue to be assigned to staff to act upon.
This I"m not fine with. I don't think it was a loophole I think this is a bug. They didn't have the time to add dye slots to the vast amount of green gear so they didn't, but since it could be dyed in the Outfit Designer it retained the functionality. (and somewhere along the way they did say removing weight restrictions in the OD was intentional.)

If being able to dye armor in the OD was a bug and they fixed it, well that's just asinine! The very thought that they would remove a significant quality of life feature that hurt no one, not even themselves when this game is riddled with damaging bugs that have been here since pre-launch makes my blood boil.

AlienEyeTX
11.30.2017 , 11:54 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
The very thought that they would remove a significant quality of life feature that hurt no one, not even themselves...
In fact, it probably allowed them to sell more dye modules. Fixing the bug (if that's what happened) actually hurts the bottom line (though, I doubt it hurts significantly).

Now I'm just glad that I didn't know about this thing that doesn't work anymore.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

Solbeck
11.30.2017 , 12:53 PM | #16
Was coming to post about this very thing. So disappointed that this has happened. I wanted to use the new Honorable General with a blue chest piece I've been using since launch.

Cuiwe
11.30.2017 , 12:58 PM | #17
Are you saying that greens no longer do the color match thing?
No, he's saying that you no longer can dye them, either directly or by stamping a dye over them in the Outfit Designer. They *SHOULD* still color match. (but honestly, who knows, this patch's SO BUGGY, it'll take them months to take care of things)
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

Cuiwe
11.30.2017 , 01:02 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
My guess is that they still color match (need to confirm) but that the studio closed a loophole where you could apply a item that has no dye slot to a tab and could then apply dye after the fact (which I honestly NEVER do).

There have been a few things about appearance tabs that I think were "loopholes" in the functionality... like being able to apply heavy armor pieces to a light armor wearing character.... so this too may have been one of them and they closed it. I don't know why they would bother though to be honest as they have more important things to be working on... but again.. probably different studio team doing one thing vs another.
Honestly, who are you(or anyone else) to say to me(us) how my(our) character(s) should look like? Some kind of authority?

Why shouldn't a Consular or Agent walk around in Heavy Armor? If someone likes it, more power to them! Besides, Heavy Armor characters have had this exact advantage since 1,0 really. They could wear EVERYTHING in game while Light Armor users could wear LA ONLY! How's that fair?
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

Tahana
11.30.2017 , 01:02 PM | #19
Are you saying that greens no longer do the color match thing?
This would be a very bad thing.. Hoping it is a bug.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to
what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Andryah
11.30.2017 , 01:22 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Cuiwe View Post
Honestly, who are you(or anyone else) to say to me(us) how my(our) character(s) should look like? Some kind of authority?

Why shouldn't a Consular or Agent walk around in Heavy Armor? If someone likes it, more power to them! Besides, Heavy Armor characters have had this exact advantage since 1,0 really. They could wear EVERYTHING in game while Light Armor users could wear LA ONLY! How's that fair?
Calm down. I was stating my thoughts as to why I think they did what they did (and I also state multiple times that I really do not see the priority for them to change this) ... nowhere in this thread have I stated what you are accusing me of. Sheesh.... you need to relax and stop with the phony accusations. Your issue is with the studio for making this change.. NOT me.
- Elon Musk